ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:59 AM   #1
allanoue
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Competition for Skully Helmet

Tell us about Our Future.
Future.
Your Chance to Invent the Future inside REEVU's Intelligent helmet Invention
Producing the World's future products relies heavily on the user expectation so here is your chance to select the data systems in the future product from REEVU in their intelligent helmet project.
With the many types of helmets and different users what information and DATA systems would you prefer to be built into the Heads up display helmet, we already have some target data that has been identified for delivery into the helmets however the defined systems are still being conceptualized and we are giving as many motorsports helmet users around the World an opportunity to shape the future by analyzing the information from the motorcycle community about this development.
Example Data systems of what riders are currently requesting

1. Direction Indicators.
2. Fuel Indicators.
3. GPS Indicator.
4. Predictive accident warning system.
5. Infra Red inclement weather Data.
6. Call alert and Caller I.D.
7. EMS and Gear change Rev Counter.

If you or any one in your group have any input in relation to what you think would rank highest in this list or what other data could be incorporated please e mail us at administration@reevu.com.

Please forward this mail to your motorsports friends and family so they can make their views know to us. We can then make an analysis of the data to produce the best product for the community. Its a Pandora's box moment don't miss the opportunity to be a part of the future. We already have some great input from the community about what it is that they want in relation to this invention and we want to know yours. The wider participation the more inspiring the development will be and being the only helmet manufacturer currently in the World with a tested and accredited product with a Heads up display. We know that this may the first of its kind so we want to get it right for you all.

REEVU
City West Business Park
Durham, Durham County DH7 8ER
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:35 AM   #2
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Hopefully competition will keep the price for such a helmet from being too ridiculous.
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:01 AM   #3
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Ah, based on their list of what others are requesting, I fear the HUD is going down the path to be too cluttered for general use.

As an honest question, why have data readily available on the dash be displayed on the HUD? I picture the HUD as a general "need to know" screen for situational awareness vs redundant information. What are others thoughts on that?

Havng upcoming data, such as traffic delays, navigation, road conditions, weather, even tolls or detours, are things I personally would look for in a HUD.

And if cost were no factor, install a night vision (?) camera on the bike that transmits a small image to the HUD to allow for increased ability to see at night or in inclement weather.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 01:47 PM   #4
7oxSin
MSF Coach!

Name: Lupe

Motorcycle(s): 2003 ninja 250

the could fit all of that with 3 reverse led displays, like the 90s camaro where it had the speedo reflected onto the windshield one on the left, right, and mid. that way they wouldnt blind you at night and they would be reflected at the very bottom of the visor, so it would be in the area where you could just glance down at it. maybe even a small strip of tent on the bottom to help visibility.

Old March 18th, 2014, 10:28 PM   #5
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250R Ninja -Neener-

Ladies and Gentlefish!!! I give you... THE FUTURE!!!

http://www.skullyhelmets.com/experience/

Old March 20th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #6
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I feel that HUD could work, I'd love having a minigps on my visor along with a tach/speedo. The problem is when does it become distracting. At what point does this technology keep you from being able to ride at your best. Naturally there would need to be a button of some sort to turn it off or I'd just wear a separate helmet for back road slaying/track days. I cannot count the number of times where I have gotten lost on my bike going to new places where a gps would be helpful (I know the mounts exist but I hate looking down while riding, feel like it distracts me a bit too much)
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #7
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirref View Post
I feel that HUD could work, I'd love having a minigps on my visor along with a tach/speedo. The problem is when does it become distracting. At what point does this technology keep you from being able to ride at your best. Naturally there would need to be a button of some sort to turn it off or I'd just wear a separate helmet for back road slaying/track days. I cannot count the number of times where I have gotten lost on my bike going to new places where a gps would be helpful (I know the mounts exist but I hate looking down while riding, feel like it distracts me a bit too much)
I'd hope the HUD would have a dimmer to make it more transparent. If that helmet is actually produced it could be a serious game changer. I'd pay a hefty sum for something like that if it actually worked flawlessly.

I wouldn't mind having off axis targeting for an AIM-9x tho
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:15 AM   #8
Sirref
Private Joker

Name: Ben

Motorcycle(s): '99/'01 Ninja 250 "sketchy", '13 Ninja 300 "yoshi", '03 GSXR 600 "merlin"

MOTM - Mar '14
I wouldn't pay a hefty sum, I'd wait for the technology to be properly worked out and buy it 5-10 years after it first came out which coincides with when the price would go down.
Sirref is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:32 AM   #9
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
The key to all new technology, really, which can actually be applied to investing/stocks as well. Most new technology is overpriced and hyped up for a reason, then the price "comes down" at its "real" value.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #10
EsrTek

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): '13 300

This one looks to be another option and I like this one because it goes onto any existing helmet!!!
NUVIZ Ride:HUD

Visit my new MotoVlog Channel !!
EsrTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 07:25 AM   #11
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
Yeah, there are actually a few out there and in competition w/each other. More competition = lesser the price and more available options.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2014, 07:55 AM   #12
allanoue

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
I need to see behind me or I do not want it.

Old March 20th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #13
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

The Skully does have a Rear view camera. One of the reasons I am so interested in it. My only concern is becoming accustomed to the camera to the point of dependancy. I also agree with the idea that the HUD would need to have an off switch and an option to set transparency. If I remember correctly, the visor of a full faced helmet extends 2 degrees past your max periferal vision on each side, which means that even a small screen there would block view. Still an awesome concept though

Old March 21st, 2014, 04:29 AM   #14
allanoue

MOTM - Sep '14
I have become so accustomed to site that I depend on it.

Old March 21st, 2014, 04:35 AM   #15
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
I have become so accustomed to site that I depend on it.
You should probably log out for a while then.

Having a rear view camera in the HUD would be great. I'm sure you could adjust transparency in it. And being able to toggle it on/off.
ForceofWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 26th, 2014, 12:03 AM   #16
Kscreations08
Fresh Deli Meat

According to the Skully FAQ section of their site:

Do the GPS maps stay on the display all the time?

Yes. There are two versions of the map display that the rider can toggle. One is a highly simplified interface which shows at the base of the rearview camera display, and the other version has a more detailed interface for more complicated driving directions. These two settings mean you can optimize the display as your needs change.