ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 25th, 2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[visordown.com] - Bradley Smith signs Tech3 MotoGP deal

BRADLEY Smith has signed a deal to stay with the Tech 3 team ahead of his home race at Silverstone.

The deal means Smith will be riding for an M1 Yamaha for a fourth successive year in MotoGP, the same length of time as Colin Edwards

Smith is enjoying a vintage year with the team, currently lying fifth in the championship standings as top satellite bike and 25 points clear of his team-mate Pol Espagaro. He recently increased his stocks with the factory by riding the Yamaha R1 home to victory at the Suzuka 8 Hours.

Smith said: 'So far in 2015, I have been finishing where we want to be which is very positive, as I'm sure that I am in debt to them for the first two years in the premier class!

'Everyone in the team has put their faith in me again and we know that 2016 will be tricky due to the changes in regulations, however, I am optimistic that this will give the satellite riders more of a chance to be competitive.'

Team manager Herve Poncharal added: 'Now we hope that the fact that his future is sorted will give him a big boost for his upcoming home GP and I am sure that he is going to be even stronger in the final rounds of the 2015 season compared to what we have seen so far.'

• Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.

Related Content

Colin Edwards Column - Dec 2006
Bradley Smith will race MotoGP in 2013
Yamaha Tech 3 confirm Espargaro for 2016
Smith and Espargaro to make Suzuka 8-Hour debut
Bradley Smith: I'm not intimidated

Click here for full story...