ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old May 2nd, 2022, 08:59 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

New Kawasaki Indonesia announcement June 9.

Edit: Yet another new announcement for June 9 from Kawasaki Indonesia:
https://youtu.be/xCSJma3wDlA

Original thread regarding May and June 7 announcements follows:
Looks like Kawi's announcing some new models in a matter of hours:

The teaser says the front row will be revealed about 9 hours from now and promises the back row on June 7th.

I inspected the page source to grab the teaser image at full-resolution:

Click for full res.

It looks like two bigger bikes with wire spokes in the front row leaving a tiny off-road bike with no kickstand to be announced later... so still no Ninja ZX-4R. That's disappointing for me since I'm eagerly awaiting any kind of stateside 4-cylinder Ninjette. Still, it might be something cool.

Last futzed with by CZroe; June 8th, 2022 at 04:29 AM.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2022, 09:15 AM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Looks like we got 2023 KX 250, KX 250X, and KLX 300SM with big changes for the 250.
https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=373921

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjette Newsbot View Post
Click here for full story...

Image:

Kawasaki has launched its 2023 off-road range, encompassing the full range of mini bikes up to the new KX450, and from motocross to enduro.

Old June 7th, 2022, 07:35 PM   #3
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Kawasaki has been teasing that the new bike would be electric. Their electric bike didn’t seem to be a big secret: Googling revealed it would be a balance bike called “Elektrode.” Today, those rumors were confirmed:
https://youtu.be/-SHNQgIuYmc

It looks like a kid-sized eBike that can’t even be charged outdoors. I was hoping for something street-legal for adults which could charge at EV charging stations (outdoors). Oh well. I knew it wouldn’t be that weeks ago when I read it was a balance bike… hence why I wasn’t motivated enough to come back here and share until it was announced.

Kawasaki is still promising to be all electric by 2035 and has shown a prototype electric bike in their current 240/400 twin chassis:

https://i.imgur.com/vpijZge.jpg

Now, a release date for THAT would’ve excited me.

Old June 8th, 2022, 04:24 AM   #4
CZroe
CPT Falcon

…and right after posting that Kawasaki Indonesia is teasing a new product announcement within hours:
https://youtu.be/xCSJma3wDlA

The livestream hasn’t started but I already see people in the chat asking about ZX4R.

16 hours.

Old June 8th, 2022, 05:36 AM   #5
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja Kaw, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Kawasaki is still promising to be all electric by 2035
That is most disappointing. I encourage giving the customer base an option, which in this case people who want to keep an internal combustion powersport will have to exercise the option to bring their business elsewhere.
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2022, 11:46 AM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgss77 View Post
That is most disappointing. I encourage giving the customer base an option, which in this case people who want to keep an internal combustion powersport will have to exercise the option to bring their business elsewhere.
Totally agree. I wouldn’t want to ride cross country on an electric bike. I strongly feel that the future should include both.

My brother recently totaled his Chevy Volt. He was displaced by an EF4 tornado last year and could no longer charge at home, so thankfully it still had a gasoline engine too. The same tornado carried off my Corolla and left it crushed under a tree, so I got an electric scooter that fits in the hatch and helps us make use of free public chargers for his Volt: Park, plug, pop the hatch, and ride off on the scooter.

I had to use it to commute all the way to work multiple times* and soon realized the personal electric vehicles like scooters and eBikes were the more realistic way to “go electric” with gas vehicles being reserved for rainy days and longer trips.

*including today. Unfortunately, he totaled his Volt last week.

Old June 9th, 2022, 01:07 AM   #7
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Well, I fell asleep while waiting for the livestream. It was supposed to start at midnight for me but I woke up half an hour past and couldn’t find any hint of it on YouTube… it was even gone from my YouTube Watch History. When I click the link from here I get a message about the video being deleted.

Did the stream even happen? What got announced?

Edit: OK, it has since been uploaded:
https://youtu.be/6pVOKh5MkZI

Looks like a few KLX bikes and the Elektrode.

Old June 9th, 2022, 05:24 AM   #8
jcgss77
Its not a 250,its a Ninja

Name: Shaun

Motorcycle(s): '12 Ninja Kaw, '22 CFMOTO 300NK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Totally agree. I wouldn’t want to ride cross country on an electric bike. I strongly feel that the future should include both.

My brother recently totaled his Chevy Volt. He was displaced by an EF4 tornado last year and could no longer charge at home, so thankfully it still had a gasoline engine too. The same tornado carried off my Corolla and left it crushed under a tree, so I got an electric scooter that fits in the hatch and helps us make use of free public chargers for his Volt: Park, plug, pop the hatch, and ride off on the scooter.

I had to use it to commute all the way to work multiple times* and soon realized the personal electric vehicles like scooters and eBikes were the more realistic way to “go electric” with gas vehicles being reserved for rainy days and longer trips.

*including today. Unfortunately, he totaled his Volt last week.
Awesome way to make the most out of a very tragic disaster. Sorry to hear about your brother's Volt and your car though. Hopefully you both had favorable insurance on each.

Looks like the 250's are getting a lot more miles then?
jcgss77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 9th, 2022, 12:18 PM   #9
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Sucks to total your cars. Oy.

I can see the little scooters being practical for at least a little bit of distance. Take the train, carpool, drive to a point near your destination, somewhere parking is easier and less congestion, etc. Take the scooter or e-bike the last couple miles in congested areas with no parking.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote