ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Group Rides and Local Events

Old May 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #1
Stingray1000
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Driving from Delaware to Maryland

I'll be heading to Southern Maryland this coming sunday. I can either go down route 301 to route 4, or I can go all the way down rt 301 through Waldorf, MD to route 5 and south from there. Anyone interested in a ride by or just a ride together for a bit. I'll be going thru Middletown, de down 301 towards annapolis, over the bridge and all the way down 301/50. In Bowie, MD I'll be heading down 301 to either catch onto route 4 or if I find someone in waldorf to meet up with I'll be taking 301 into waldorf. If I stay on route 4 I'll be taking it all the way into Lexington park. If anyone wants to meet up let me know and I'll make decisions from there. Will ride with anyone! I'm heading back on moday evening. Wish me luck and be safe!

I'll be leaving Delaware around 1 or 2 o'clock.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ne...&via=1&t=m&z=9

Last futzed with by Stingray1000; May 15th, 2012 at 04:26 PM.
Stingray1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 15th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #2
Stingray1000

The date I'm talking about is the 20th of May

Old May 16th, 2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Stingray1000

Excited about my little trip coming up and my driving test tomorrow, Any tips I need for my trip? I hope I have everything down for my road test...

Old May 16th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #4
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray1000 View Post
Excited about my little trip coming up and my driving test tomorrow, Any tips I need for my trip? I hope I have everything down for my road test...
Don't fight with the tester this time....
NJ Ninjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #5
Stingray1000

So different tester (really nice guy) and I failed the road test. Almost seems impossible.... how can you ride thru cones 3 feet apart without putting your foot down????? makes no sense. But I'm still going to So. MD this weekend so wish me luck!

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:00 PM   #6
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

Luck...

When I went to take my test, many years ago, I rode there on my KLX 600 with a buddy on his KZ 500 as that was the permit rule in NJ. My turn came up and the tester gave this incredibly complected set of instruction on what I was supposed to do. I asked him if he could repeat the instructions as I wasn't sure I understood and he said " you heard me fine, now get out there or I'll fail you right now".

So I jump on my bike and start weaving in and out of the cones, doing figure 8's, and crap the best as I understood him. My buddy later told me when the instructor saw what I was doing he turned to him and said " what the hell is he doing? That's nothing like what I said ". So my buddy replied " well he operates heavy construction equipment and has trouble hearing sometimes", then the tester says " ahhh...well he certainly knows how to ride...I'll give him that".

That was my test day and how I passed...

I then had to ride to a different DMV location to actually get my new drivers license with the MC endorsement. We get my new license come out to the parking lot, get on our bikes, and my buddy starts doing a burnout. Not too be out done I get all set, pop the clutch, promptly loop the bike, which lands on it's side and breaks the side cover spilling and leaking all the oil out the side.

As if that wasn't enough, feeling like a total tool, a cop happens to be in the shopping center parking lot and comes flying over. Asks for all my paper work and immediately says "did you just get this?" and I quickly said, " yeah, I just renewed it". He didn't believe me and asked again " no the MC endorsement, did you just get that?". We go back and forth with him asking questions and me giving him just plausible enough answers until he tires of the game. He then says "I should write you a couple tickets, but looking at your bike I think you learned your lesson and have been punished enough...and make sure you clean up that oil before you leave or I will send you the tickets in the mail" and then takes off.

I look at my buddy, we shake our heads, and laugh our asses off, before he runs home to get his truck to throw my broken bike into it.

That was my test day and how I failed....
NJ Ninjette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Ninjette View Post
Luck...

When I went to take my test, many years ago, I rode there on my KLX 600 with a buddy on his KZ 500 as that was the permit rule in NJ. My turn came up and the tester gave this incredibly complected set of instruction on what I was supposed to do. I asked him if he could repeat the instructions as I wasn't sure I understood and he said " you heard me fine, now get out there or I'll fail you right now".

So I jump on my bike and start weaving in and out of the cones, doing figure 8's, and crap the best as I understood him. My buddy later told me when the instructor saw what I was doing he turned to him and said " what the hell is he doing? That's nothing like what I said ". So my buddy replied " well he operates heavy construction equipment and has trouble hearing sometimes", then the tester says " ahhh...well he certainly knows how to ride...I'll give him that".

That was my test day and how I passed...

I then had to ride to a different DMV location to actually get my new drivers license with the MC endorsement. We get my new license come out to the parking lot, get on our bikes, and my buddy starts doing a burnout. Not too be out done I get all set, pop the clutch, promptly loop the bike, which lands on it's side and breaks the side cover spilling and leaking all the oil out the side.

As if that wasn't enough, feeling like a total tool, a cop happens to be in the shopping center parking lot and comes flying over. Asks for all my paper work and immediately says "did you just get this?" and I quickly said, " yeah, I just renewed it". He didn't believe me and asked again " no the MC endorsement, did you just get that?". We go back and forth with him asking questions and me giving him just plausible enough answers until he tires of the game. He then says "I should write you a couple tickets, but looking at your bike I think you learned your lesson and have been punished enough...and make sure you clean up that oil before you leave or I will send you the tickets in the mail" and then takes off.

I look at my buddy, we shake our heads, and laugh our asses off, before he runs home to get his truck to throw my broken bike into it.

That was my test day and how I failed....

Well I didn't even make it all the way through the test lol The guy stopped me after the 2nd set of 4 tests but that does suck about your bike lol

Old May 18th, 2012, 07:55 PM   #8
Stingray1000

Omg i cant wait till sunday.... im so tired of work and the pain in my a$$. i just want to get away for a couple of days.... too bad i have to come back thet night... No one to watch the dogs..

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:15 PM   #9
Lew360
Bueller

Name: Lewis

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R

Damn, my wife is working and then going shooting that afternoon. Wish I could meet up as I am right off 301. Good luck and safe riding.

Edit: Actually it looks like you pickup Route 2 in Annapolis, that is a good way from me. Route 2 is a nice road though and I hope you have fun.

Also, Cruisin' Ocean City is this weekend so watch for traffic on 50/301.
Lew360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #10
Stingray1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew360 View Post
Damn, my wife is working and then going shooting that afternoon. Wish I could meet up as I am right off 301. Good luck and safe riding.

Edit: Actually it looks like you pickup Route 2 in Annapolis, that is a good way from me. Route 2 is a nice road though and I hope you have fun.

Also, Cruisin' Ocean City is this weekend so watch for traffic on 50/301.
Nah im headin through bowie..... going sll the way down 301 to rt 5 in waldorf....

Old May 20th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Stingray1000

So im heading out in about an hour.... longest ride ive ever taken... 3 hours. Everyone pray for safe travels for me please.....

Old May 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #12
Stingray1000

Made it to kent island about to cross the bay bridge.... here we go...