ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Notices

Old March 4th, 2021, 09:35 PM   #1
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

BMW G310R

My wife sold her 2012 Ninja to a family friend a few months ago and we just replaced it with a 2019 BMW 310R. Bike only has 800 miles on the dash and still has 2 years warranty! We negotiated it down to $5000 out the door inc. tax and reg. The bike is\was(see Dumb@ss thread under general) spotless and has 2" wide chicken strips on the stock tires. Bike is practically new and beautiful--Pics to follow-- and the previous owner traded it in on an XR1000R! He did not use the 30HP he had so he bought a bike with 120 more HP than what he was not using.

Well heres to hoping this bike will have her back on the track and riding much more often!
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old March 5th, 2021, 12:57 PM   #2
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Nice buy! Congratulations! I did test the GS version before I got my Ninja. The vibration on GS above 6K was a bit over my tolerance level But otherwise I absolutely loved it.

Having been working with their cars for a bit I saw all the same engineering approaches in the bike and I really liked it
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2021, 08:19 PM   #3
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

Nice choice. I have a G310GS in the garage. This bike doesn't look like it's built to a price point at all. It's just simply a lightweight GS bike, which is what I was looking for, rather than an overweight, overpowered ADV bike. The build quality for the price is amazing. The R has all the same stuff.

Beautiful cast aluminum swingarm
Trellis frame
USD 41mm dia forks
Radial mount calipers
Stainless steel brake lines
Brembo made calipers
ABS switchable standard
Gear Indicator
Fuel level indicator
Tires that don't suck

Old March 9th, 2021, 06:58 PM   #4
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaph42 View Post
Nice choice. I have a G310GS in the garage. This bike doesn't look like it's built to a price point at all. It's just simply a lightweight GS bike, which is what I was looking for, rather than an overweight, overpowered ADV bike. The build quality for the price is amazing. The R has all the same stuff.

Beautiful cast aluminum swingarm
Trellis frame
USD 41mm dia forks
Radial mount calipers
Stainless steel brake lines
Brembo made calipers
ABS switchable standard
Gear Indicator
Fuel level indicator
Tires that don't suck
Had my first ride on the 310 today(except for ride up driveway when I got it home) and im impressed. After years with the wifes 250R the power is available so much lower down the RPM range. Not a big deal to me but the misses never liked to really rev out the Ninjette. She would ride around at 9,000 missing 20% of the power. I even had to gear the bike up a 2 teeth in the front and tune the airbox/carbs for lower RPM power/torque. She should love the amount and delivery of the power from this motor. I found it to always have enough pull from anywhere above 4,000 rpm all the way to 10,000. Bikes handling was twitchy compared to my Ducati's! With way smaller tires, single disk on front, single cylinder, center of gravity lower and less mass being thrown around the crank and lets not forget the leverage those "Dirtbike" handle bars give you, this bike should change direction faster than lightning. Not to mention the 1" that I pulled the forks up thru the tripple to help the wide reach the ground a little better. The tranny, gear indicator and clutch all were excellent but I cant get used to the tiny "bar meter" tach across the BOTTOM of the display. Trust me you dont want to take your eyes off the road the amount of time it takes to locate the tach and then figure out what RPM you are turning. Other than wishing for an adjustable fork the tach is the only thing that will take some time to get used to.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2021, 07:17 PM   #5
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
Had my first ride on the 310 today(except for ride up driveway when I got it home) and im impressed. After years with the wifes 250R the power is available so much lower down the RPM range. Not a big deal to me but the misses never liked to really rev out the Ninjette. She would ride around at 9,000 missing 20% of the power. I even had to gear the bike up a 2 teeth in the front and tune the airbox/carbs for lower RPM power/torque. She should love the amount and delivery of the power from this motor. I found it to always have enough pull from anywhere above 4,000 rpm all the way to 10,000. Bikes handling was twitchy compared to my Ducati's! With way smaller tires, single disk on front, single cylinder, center of gravity lower and less mass being thrown around the crank and lets not forget the leverage those "Dirtbike" handle bars give you, this bike should change direction faster than lightning. Not to mention the 1" that I pulled the forks up thru the tripple to help the wide reach the ground a little better. The tranny, gear indicator and clutch all were excellent but I cant get used to the tiny "bar meter" tach across the BOTTOM of the display. Trust me you dont want to take your eyes off the road the amount of time it takes to locate the tach and then figure out what RPM you are turning. Other than wishing for an adjustable fork the tach is the only thing that will take some time to get used to.
Yeah on Ninjette nothing is going on below 4k On 310 IIRC at 2.5 you are already in a good shape from the torque prospective.

Speaking of the tach - I noticed that too on 310, how good is your best-half with music and musical instruments ? I have been driving manual cars pretty much all my driving career and I never look at the tach at all. May be not totally never as I still calibrate my ear for some time after driving something new but then I usually hear it. People who played some instruments usually are very good at detecting a pitch and hearing the revs without looking at the tach.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote