ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old October 24th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #1
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Poor lil' Ninja is target practice for life. Why me?! Road hazard rim damage AGAIN.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Yeah, I should be looking at it as how lucky I was, but that's hard to do when this kind of crap happens again and again.

That was just after an on ramp. I was moving into that newly-available lane so I could exit soon (another on ramp was about to add another lane that I had to enter). Because it was part of an on-ramp, I had to give a thorough head check even though the lane had just opened. It entered my headlight range while I was doing the head check so it was too late by the time I turned back and saw it. It probably would have been too late regardless at my speed.

Anyway, I've already replaced the rims once due to a serious bend after hitting a trench the city cut and left unfilled in the middle of the road. This isn't nearly as bad, but I have to ask if it's OK to ride on a slightly bent rim. So, does that look minor enough to keep riding on?

The front rim with the slash in the tire and rim seems OK, but I guess I'm going to need to seal the cut with clear-coat. Right? Any tips?

Obviously, I shouldn't be riding on the tires, so I'm going to get them replaced ASAP (it's my primary transportation).

CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Youch! Good on you for keeping it upright...

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM   #3
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Wow not again. At least you made it through again.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 24th, 2010, 11:41 PM   #4
ithaca00
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250 (street), 1994 EX250 (Race), 2008 250R (Race), 2000 250 (project), 1991 EL250 (a cruiser!)

talk to the city/county or what ever organization that controls the area. If it's construction trash or road signs I think they're potentially responsible.
ithaca00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 21st, 2011, 03:54 PM   #5
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Well, the city denied my claim on the original incident with my older rims and I'm not confident that I can win in small claims but I decided to try. Resolving to do that I decided that I should be looking into this one before it's too late (almost six months later).

Old April 21st, 2011, 04:23 PM   #6
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob View Post
I dont know, but I can get you a whole rear wheel with tire and rotor, along with axle and bearings. <-- Complete rear wheel set. All in great condition. Tire nearly new.
It'd look a little weird riding around with a blue wheel in front and a black wheel in back. Well, ultimately, they'd have to pay for the front as well but I'd want them repaired or replace with equivalents. Honestly, the damage doesn't bother me too much so I'd rather keep them than go back to black, but it doesn't mean I don't want them replaced with equivalents or repaired.