ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 5th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #1
jibberish71
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jibberish

Motorcycle(s): 07 ninja 250

Hello starter oneway gear question

Well I think I got a deal 07 ninja 250 1900 miles got for 400 ,my question....
Attached Files
File Type: zip my bike.zip (104.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: zip starter.zip (98.4 KB, 2 views)

Last futzed with by jibberish71; May 5th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.
jibberish71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 10:10 AM   #2
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jibberish71 View Post
Well I think I got a deal 07 ninja 250 1900 og miles got for 400 ,my question....
Right away I noticed the starter gear was missing teeth so i orderd one on ebay the whole assembly minis the flywheel .I have a pic my question is the smaller gear that turns the starter gear, how you say housing is chiped if you can see the pic would that be an issure?Everything else works on the bike lights ,I have to reinstall all the turn signals no biggie.
Other issuse i hear if a bike sits the clutch might stick ,I tighten and losend the clutch max tight it will move slitly in first gear ,max lossen it wont move at all if first ,since the stater gear is chipped and the clutch is iffy i dont want to push start. On reading fourns and fourms I have read a post, had a bike sit for a year or so same problem (his starter gear was fine just the clutch issue)several posters said to start the bike and they will losen ,well since thats out can I just take the clutch side cover off and carfully dissassemble and put back toghether or buy new pads or gears Ill be the first to admit Im new at motorcycle repair but I am very mech inclined ... thanks on my pics i had to use some windo fax veiewing to open them thought id tell ya so you dont think "its a trap" or i can send you the pics from my cell thanks agian ..Jay
Jay, this post is all jibberish! I'm seriously lost. Are you from the Dominican? Kissimmee has a large Dominican population. Great people, great food. I go to a place called El Sabor. The place is fantastic.

As far as your clutch and starter. Buy a repair manual and if you are mechanically inclined you will be able to do anything the bike needs.

This is an 07 with 1900 miles and you paid $400?

Old May 5th, 2011, 12:34 PM   #3
jibberish71
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
Jay, this post is all jibberish! I'm seriously lost. Are you from the Dominican? Kissimmee has a large Dominican population. Great people, great food. I go to a place called El Sabor. The place is fantastic.

As far as your clutch and starter. Buy a repair manual and if you are mechanically inclined you will be able to do anything the bike needs.

This is an 07 with 1900 miles and you paid $400?
why did you even bother to answer with insults really ? nope just a normal person lol

Old May 5th, 2011, 12:38 PM   #4
jibberish71
ninjette.org newbie

Its a simple thing the houseing on the lower engine there is a chip missing not the starter the gear under the starter that engages the oneway gear the one were a small tube fut in a hole in the pic .So what if i didnt spell everything correctly im not a typeist and its my first bike im excited ...So dont bother to answer if your just going to insult me or tell me to get a book a book wont answer practical questions ,Im looking for advice from Vets on the subject ,and yes 400 cash with a valid title the guy was in the process of evection bike does not run ,he asked for 1k then 9 then 6 I dont now but I thought 4 was good if I dump 1k in the bike I should break even .
So far Ive put in a new batt (40), ordered oneway gear (60) ordered clutch plates with metal spacers(100) so im in it 600.

Old May 5th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #5
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Sorry, I thought your name was Jibberish. I didn't understand what you were trying to explain. Sorry again that my advice was useless.

Now, what were the insults? I couldn't find any.

Good luck with your bike.

P.S. no insults were implied or un-implied!

Old May 6th, 2011, 01:28 PM   #6
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Spelling is one thing but it's a helluva lot easier to read proper punctuation and grammar instead of run-on sentences that disconnect.
It's very hard to follow what you are trying to say, so try and explain yourself properly by taking a little bit more time and effort and type it out correctly.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #7
jibberish71
ninjette.org newbie

Lol

Thank you

Old May 6th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #8
mrlmd
ninjette.org sage

Name: Marc

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Suzuki S50, 2006 Kawasaki Ninja EX250F, 1990 Honda PC800, 2000 Yamaha TW200

Here's the whole message above I got from Ninjette.org in my email box.

Dear mrlmd,

jibberish71 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Hello starter oneway gear question - in the 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk forum of ninjette.org.

This thread is located at:
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...2&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Thank you grammer nazi's but Ill pass on your advice ,worthless just like your post ,but seriously why did you even bother ?Are you in need of feeling superiour ,lack of self esteem or mabye ed....

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

All the best,
ninjette.org

Am I wrong or did anyone else have a hard time in trying to figure out what jibberish was trying to say? Unless he didn't grow up in this country, is it too much to ask for some type of punctuation so we can try and read what he was trying to write? If anybody wants to try and help him and answer his question, just jump in.
mrlmd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 7th, 2011, 02:32 PM   #9
rockNroll

Name: rock

Motorcycle(s): black

Hard to understand him, and I speak fluent jibberish.