ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old September 1st, 2011, 02:40 AM   #1
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Visiting California for the first time ever

Hey all you San Francisco area guys, im going to visit my best friend in San Francisco this Labor Day Weekend. Any suggestions of things to do? Also any hiking suggestions? Im hoping to do at least one day hiking trip while I'm there.
Posted via Mobile Device
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 1st, 2011, 07:35 AM   #2
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

Check out Muir Woods for hiking. I hear it's great. Things to do? depends on what you like to do. There's kayaking in the bay, chinatown, fisherman's wharf, go-kart racing at Grand Prix in Redwood City, wine tours in Napa Valley.

Old September 1st, 2011, 05:31 PM   #3
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

The bay area really gives you the best of all worlds. Everything he said ^. Besides hiking, are you into food? Wine? Shopping? The wine tours are good for what they are, but they are tourists traps. Instead, I would go to the (world famous) Marin French Cheese Company and picnic with wine and sandwiches there. If you want to keep it in the city, you have japan town, alcatraz tour (touristy) Haight street with Amoeba Music... You name it.

Old September 1st, 2011, 06:24 PM   #4
ninja_sleeper
ninjette.org guru

Name: Carrie

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

The bay has bomb weed.

Old September 2nd, 2011, 10:10 AM   #5
etiainen
CBR250R Traitor

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Red CBR250R 2009 Ninja 250r SE(With 2008 Fairings)(sold)

Food, beer, and wine are all things I love. Not really huge on shopping though Most of what I shop for is outdoor gear and motorcycling related paraphernalia. My friend's taking me to explore the different neighbourhoods and other things that are going on. I'm hoping on going hiking Sunday. Any suggestions for other things to do are welcome.
etiainen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 3rd, 2011, 01:45 PM   #6
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Well there is plenty of "fine dining" if that's what you're into. But some of the best food in the city is found at "hole in the wall" type of places. Check out Yelp.com for restaurant reviews. I would suggest eating stuff you might not be able to find in philly. Korean BBQ, shabu shabu or even better, chinese hotpot buffet style. Sunday dim sum in chinatown, J-town has great ramen and udon, japanese curry and some sushi. (FFS don't eat at benihana ) If you're gonna be anywhere in the north bay, you can have amazing puerto rican food at Sol Food in San Rafael. Uhm, Ethiopian food on Haight was pretty good. For desserts, Bob's doughnuts in the city or boba (bubble tea)

If you like touristy stuff, you can check out fisherman's wharf, see the sea lions at pier 39. Lots of good seafood there too. Alcatraz tour maybe, but I'd book in advance for labor day weekend. You can rent a bike and ride across the golden gate, or walk it. Hike around Marin headlands (on the North side of the bridge)

If you really wanna go up north, you can take a tour of the budweiser factory, or do the same at jelly belly across the street. There are plenty of good beer options. Russian river brewing, Mayfield is one of my favorites...

You don't have to plan too much. You should be able to just wing it and find plenty to do.