Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old May 24th, 2012, 11:49 PM   #121
Firehorse
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ms.T, Queen of the Night

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by x only performance View Post
that was a big leap for me too. i knew no one with a bike and was very timid about talking to a random person with a bike
Same deal here. Kind of intimidating. Thought everyone would think I was a newbie idiot. Turns out that every biker I've met so far has been awesome and helpful. I try to return the favour when I see someone looking at my bike and then shy away. I recognize that look.
I usually start with something neutral like the colour, pretty blue eh? If they are interested in bikes and want to ask some questions, it kind of breaks the ice.

Kinda cool being on the other side.
Firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 01:28 AM   #122
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Joined the army. Got injured. Got discharged for injury. Bought an Evo X. Crashed it. Paid off the debt from that. Bought bike. Now I've got no money.

Old May 25th, 2012, 05:19 AM   #123
sze5003
ninjette.org member

Name: Salim

Motorcycle(s): 2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Dew View Post
Joined the army. Got injured. Got discharged for injury. Bought an Evo X. Crashed it. Paid off the debt from that. Bought bike. Now I've got no money.
When I was at the dealership getting my lancer gts I was trading in my RX8 and I so wanted to try out the Evo but I really was there to get better gas mileage. If gas wasn't so damn expensive I would have one now. But then I thought if I'm gonna pay 30k+ I might as well go for a BMW.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 07:50 AM   #124
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Name: Michael

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
LUCKY!!!! i wanna win a bike! too bad about the driver messing it up though. i have 5 and 6 year old. both boys. they are constantly asking to ride with me but i dont feel safe with tandem yet.
I think "lucky" in this case meant "only person at that dealership willing and able to read instructions and go through the 35 steps necessary to qualify."

Anyway the Ninjette is fine; it's the Honda scooter that got crushed. I'm all into the hi-viz and reflective stuff now
Numbersix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 08:42 AM   #125
250rr
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Did you say this line
"Well because you're a good friend and her parents are mad at you, ill give you...(some really low amont nobody else would ever accept)"
In short, yes.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 09:45 AM   #126
sze5003
ninjette.org member

Name: Salim

Motorcycle(s): 2005 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250rr View Post
In short, yes.
Well if I was a friend selling something I would give priority and special prices to friends too. Especially if I didn't need the money.
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #127
250rr

Motorcycle(s): Cheap Italian Suit. Otherwise known as Dew Kitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sze5003 View Post
Well if I was a friend selling something I would give priority and special prices to friends too. Especially if I didn't need the money.
Actually not a friend. In short, yes. In a more thorough and accurate answer, ummm, no.
250rr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #128
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Name: Shawn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250rr View Post
In short, yes.
nice lol

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:30 AM   #129
tooblekain
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Triumph Bonneville; 2008 Ninja 250r (trackbike)

Quote:
i love the 675...i want to ride one to see if i like how they feel...it might be my step up
Its great in the canyons...but even greater on the track. It flicks really fast into corners and it feels so small almost like the Ninja 250s because its a triple and not an inline 4. It does sit up higher than most inline 4 middleweights. Its ergos are similar to an R6. Because of its linear torque curve you can go lower in the rpms when accelerating out of corners (so that means less shifting) and you dont get the sudden kick in the pants that you would when reaching the small power band of most inline 4s.

Unfortunately its being parted out because the cost to fix it from my last accident is a lot more than how much I bought a race prepped Ninja 250.

In due time I plan on getting a 675r, or seeing if the 2013 D675 is a huge improvement...or an MV Agusta F3 if they sort out all of the fuel mapping issues.
tooblekain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 25th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #130
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Crap i hated the ergos on the r6 shoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblekain View Post
Its great in the canyons...but even greater on the track. It flicks really fast into corners and it feels so small almost like the Ninja 250s because its a triple and not an inline 4. It does sit up higher than most inline 4 middleweights. Its ergos are similar to an R6. Because of its linear torque curve you can go lower in the rpms when accelerating out of corners (so that means less shifting) and you dont get the sudden kick in the pants that you would when reaching the small power band of most inline 4s.

Unfortunately its being parted out because the cost to fix it from my last accident is a lot more than how much I bought a race prepped Ninja 250.

In due time I plan on getting a 675r, or seeing if the 2013 D675 is a huge improvement...or an MV Agusta F3 if they sort out all of the fuel mapping issues.

Old May 25th, 2012, 11:51 PM   #131
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
"what would you do for a klondike bar?... would ya.... would ya kill a man?"
How bout you Alex what did you do to get your first bike

Old May 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #132
EvilPooMonkey
ninjette.org guru

Name: James

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 :)

I just got lucky :)

I was looking to buy a house in December with my fiancé. Everything was going good until the week of closing. When i went to Iraq a couple of years back a student loan of mine was put on deferment, and for 2 years after i got back it was still getting deferred. Apparently in November it came off of deferment and right before we closed it was reported late to the credit bureau dropping my credit score immensely and causing me not to get the house. I have wanted a bike since i was 4 and with bad credit, buying one anytime soon was out of the picture. I was pretty down about my credit and figured the only way to boost it was to get a small loan and pay it off so i decided to go apply for a motorcycle loan at my bank. Didn't really plan on it going through and the lady at my bank reaffirmed my theory by telling me my credit score was way to low and not to get my hopes up on anything, but that she would talk to her manager. I pretty much just got up and left because that is usually there way of saying dream on. 2 weeks later after a really ****** day at work i got a call from a weird number and oddly enough it was the lady from my bank telling me i was approved for my loan. still live with my parents but hot damn i got me my "Lil' Red Rocket" now, plus i am building my credit back up. Not to mention how sexy i look on my bike.
EvilPooMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:42 PM   #133
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
I think "lucky" in this case meant "only person at that dealership willing and able to read instructions and go through the 35 steps necessary to qualify."

Anyway the Ninjette is fine; it's the Honda scooter that got crushed. I'm all into the hi-viz and reflective stuff now
That just provides a false sense of security

If its some arsehole on their phone they'll never see you, you could have flashing red & blue lights on the bike & they'll still not see you, there is a study into drivers crashing into parked (UK) police cars with their lights flashing, battenburg hi-vis side panels & rear hi-vis chevron boards.
Over 80% of drivers claimed not to see the police car they crashed into until they hit it
They're not exactly inconspicuous machines either...

If they aren't paying attention they won't see you, if they don't expect you to be there they won't see you. USE THE HORN
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM   #134
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
How bout you Alex what did you do to get your first bike
i went to the store and signed some stuff and paid them a bunch of money and rode the bike home.

Old May 28th, 2012, 02:22 AM   #135
ninja250r81
ninjette.org guru

Name: scott

Motorcycle(s): 2012 ninja 250r se

fuel is at $1.50 a litre

$60 a week just to go to work and back

now with the bike it costs $12 a week
ninja250r81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 28th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #136
NJ Ninjette
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Husky TE 250, 2002 KTM EXC 250r

I bought mine with paper-route money when I was 15-16 years old, a brand new 1979 Yamaha DT-175. Which I beat on for many years and even eventually even tagged and rode around town and to my friends houses. Couldn't do much more then that as it was tapped out at 60mph...

Old May 29th, 2012, 09:21 AM   #137
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja250r81 View Post
fuel is at $1.50 a litre

$60 a week just to go to work and back

now with the bike it costs $12 a week
there is so many advantages to riding, MPG, dont have to give ride, ect, ect..
but my favorite is that any time my fiancee follows me somewhere she gets all turned on and that evening is always fun

Old May 29th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #138
Kygirl
ninjette.org member

Name: Sarah

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250R 1979 SuzukiGS425E

My dad wrecked his only motorcycle a 1979 Suzuki GS425E in the mid 1980's and it sat in my grandpa's barn until 2009. Although I was a total mechanical noob and knew nothing about motorcycles I noticed it in the barn and wanted to look at it and see if it would still run. After a LOT of work, some good tools, and a clymer manual, I finally got it to fire and ride around the farm but it was very unstable and I started dreaming about a newer, smoother handling bike. I went to college on an academic scholarship so I took a few jobs and was able to save almost all my money for a bike since I didn't have student loans . I looked on craigslist and bought a 2008 ninja 250r that didn't run with 1,405 miles on it. I drained the tank, cleaned the carbs, put in new plugs and an inline fuel filter and 20,000 miles later it's still running strong. =)
Kygirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #139
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kygirl View Post
My dad wrecked his only motorcycle a 1979 Suzuki GS425E in the mid 1980's and it sat in my grandpa's barn until 2009. Although I was a total mechanical noob and knew nothing about motorcycles I noticed it in the barn and wanted to look at it and see if it would still run. After a LOT of work, some good tools, and a clymer manual, I finally got it to fire and ride around the farm but it was very unstable and I started dreaming about a newer, smoother handling bike. I went to college on an academic scholarship so I took a few jobs and was able to save almost all my money for a bike since I didn't have student loans . I looked on craigslist and bought a 2008 ninja 250r that didn't run with 1,405 miles on it. I drained the tank, cleaned the carbs, put in new plugs and an inline fuel filter and 20,000 miles later it's still running strong. =)
great story!

Old May 29th, 2012, 12:45 PM   #140
Scattcatt
ninjette.org sage

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2003 Honda CBR600RR

Got my Ninja while I was saving up for a car since the girlfriend and I were getting fairly serious and neither one of us really had a vehicle of our own, but then we broke up and I said, "Screw it! I'm getting a bike!" Then along came Glycerine, my new high maintenance girlfriend!

Old May 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #141
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Got my Ninja while I was saving up for a car since the girlfriend and I were getting fairly serious and neither one of us really had a vehicle of our own, but then we broke up and I said, "Screw it! I'm getting a bike!" Then along came Glycerine, my new high maintenance girlfriend!
BAD ASS NAME!!!! love it

Old May 30th, 2012, 07:51 AM   #142
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): Honda Elite 110 (deceased), Green 2012 Ninja 250 (sold on Pi day); Grey/Green 2019 Ninja 400 ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
That just provides a false sense of security
Not really; here's a study from your neighborhood. http://www.bmj.com/content/328/7444/857.full

However, you're also right in that there's no guarantee. The colo(u)r alone won't stop a car and the people driving with no conscious thought whatsoever don't see ANYthing I just have no qualms about improving my odds.

I can tell ya already the hiviz helmet causes drivers' eyes to snap to me with that "OMGWTFBBQ" look. With my luck, I'll cause a case of target fixation and some driver will swerve AT me.

Old May 30th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #143
Whiskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixter View Post
but how many see it and never get into an accident so nothing is ever reported? Yes someone who is not paying attention may not see but the ones that are half paying attention is where it helps. The ones that would not have noticed you otherwise, and in my opinion it only takes one to make it useful.

The stock horn is like something out of a clown car. If you dont upgrade it its basically useless.
Apparently no more than the drivers who saw bikers in the 70's without their hi-vis gear.

I'll be straight out with you, I'm totally biased against wearing hi-vis, as the government are pushing to make long sleeve hi-vis mandatory where I'm from.

Having said that I've argued against this with the CEO of the Road Safety Authority, I've read a good few articles on the subject, I've read the Hurt report with data collected in the 70's (how many bikers wore hi-vis clothing back then? 0.5% maybe?) and the stats from the EU's MAIDS report with data collected from the mid/late 2000s, where the numbers wearing hi-vis vests or belts is much higher. There was no significant difference between the % of crashes in each study linked to the cage driver claiming not to see the bike.

What I did find, through reading dozens of peer reviewed articles on the subject, was that it's partially cognitive, people who ride bikes/ have family who ride bikes are better at registering a bike in their field of vision (it's not that the non bikers don't actually see the bike, ie. visual problem, but they don't register the visual clues & so subconsciously ignore the bike.)

Quote:
The studies by Brooks and Guppy (1990), Magazzù et al. (2006) and
Weber and Otte (1980) quoted by Wulf et al. (1989), lend credit
to this idea since automobile drivers with knowledge of motorcycle
driving appear significantly less often to be involved in injury
accidents with a motorcyclist.
Motorcyclists’ speed and “looked-but-failed-to-see” accidents
Clabaux et al.
Quote:
Drivers who collide with a vehicle that is parked on the hard shoulder of a
motorway or dual-carriageway sometimes claim not to have seen it before the
collision. Previous research into vehicle conspicuity has taken such `looked but
failed to see’ claims at face value, and concentrated on attempting to remedy the
problem by making vehicles more conspicuous in sensory terms. However, the
present study describes investigations into accidents of this kind which have
involved stationary police cars, vehicles which are objectively highly conspicuous.
An analysis of `looked but failed to see’ accidents involving
parked police vehicles
LANGHAM et al.
See above pictures for British police cars, the type used in that study.

Quote:
Detection failures are however also affected by other factors
which influence the perceptual system such as familiarity and general
expectations of what might one see (Wulf et al., 1989).
Even the study suggesting that there was a decrease in accidents from wearing hi-vis gear went on to admit that the biggest flaw in the study was that

Quote:
Nearly 20% of control drivers were wearing some type of reflective
or fluorescent clothing. Drivers wearing reflective or fluorescent
clothing had a 37% lower risk of crash related injury than
those who were not wearing such materials...

The validity of our findings depends on the ability to control
for confounding. In this study a wide range of potential
confounders were measured and modelled in the multivariate
analyses. Riders wearing high visibility clothing and white
helmets are likely to be more safety conscious than other riders
The point being that a more safety conscious individual is more likely to think 'that's bright & shiny, maybe someone will see me because of it, I'll wear that', rather than the shiny vest making them safer. The same goes for wearing a helmet in the USA, if every state brought in a helmet law overnight would it stop all squidishness?

I could quote dozens of articles if you would like, but I think you get the picture, and it's after midnight here.

Old May 31st, 2012, 05:52 AM   #144
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

OK. I'm 100% behind you on not requiring a particular colo(u)r of gear, and I agree that the sort of people who'll intentionally pick "safe" gear do ride more safely.

Nonetheless, even controlling (statistically) for these factors, it still remains true that bright/hivis/reflective stuff catches the eye.

Unfortunately this is the age of the busybody, so endless swarms of people yearn to make everything either mandatory or forbidden.

Old May 31st, 2012, 09:02 AM   #145
x only performance
ninjette.org member

I love the debate but this thread is not about that. It's for storys about what people went thought to get their first bike.

Old May 31st, 2012, 12:20 PM   #146
Whiskey

Quote:
OK. I'm 100% behind you on not requiring a particular colo(u)r of gear, and I agree that the sort of people who'll intentionally pick "safe" gear do ride more safely.

Nonetheless, even controlling (statistically) for these factors, it still remains true that bright/hivis/reflective stuff catches the eye.

Unfortunately this is the age of the busybody, so endless swarms of people yearn to make everything either mandatory or forbidden.
It may catch your eye the first time you see it, but when it's everywhere it just becomes background noise.

In both Ireland & the UK I regularly see the following wearing hi-vis:
cyclists
bin collectors
police
nursery children (like day-glo yellow sheep being shepard-ed by a nursery worker in orange... That's how to indoctrinate new sheeple)
roadworkers
builders
charity collectors/chuggers
bus drivers
truckers (mandatory even while in their truck)

Motorbikes move much faster than most of them, so being confused for a slow moving/stopped object can be deadly.

Have to agree on the last point tho

Old June 1st, 2012, 06:51 PM   #147
Numbersix
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
In both Ireland & the UK I regularly see the following wearing hi-vis:
cyclists
bin collectors
police
nursery children (like day-glo yellow sheep being shepard-ed by a nursery worker in orange... That's how to indoctrinate new sheeple)
roadworkers
builders
charity collectors/chuggers
bus drivers
truckers (mandatory even while in their truck)
Ouch. I apologize to your eyes I've boldfaced the types of persons likely to wear hiviz in Michigan. The occasional cyclist (motorized or humanpowered) will as well, but it's a rarity here.

Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:38 AM   #148
Whiskey

Quote:
Ouch. I apologize to your eyes I've boldfaced the types of persons likely to wear hiviz in Michigan. The occasional cyclist (motorized or humanpowered) will as well, but it's a rarity here.
As I said it becomes background noise very quickly, the only ones I notice are the speed cameras (uk ones are hi vis, Irish ones are in vans which may be hi vis or plain) & the police cars.

Old June 4th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #149
nala333
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrea

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250

My daddy always had a bike, cruiser, and I loved riding the back of it so I felt like I just had to have one...I worked at a firework stand from the time I was 12 til 18 was seasonal but I saved up each season and when I was 16 my parents paid for me to take the class and my dad was so happy that I was interested and now old enough to own one he helped me finish paying for it. we used to ride ALL the time...however now its like we hardly ever have time...I know for sure that as soon as I get my baby back we are going for an all day ride for old times sake...my bike looked just like the one at the top of the page...kawasaki green and black my two favorite colors!!
nala333 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #150
nala333
ninjette.org member

Quote:
I had always wanted a motorcycle growing up but as i got older and bills started coming get larger and more abundant i was never able to save the money to buy a bike. Between all my follies as a youth driver and my cars braking down or being stolen, i just couldn't do it. I decided to cut back on everything in my budget including: lowered the heat in my house and when it was cold i just grabbed a blanket, drove only to work and back and got rides everywhere else, no more eating out or going to the bar, cut down smoking to make a pack of smokes last 4 to 5 days, and ate Ramen for pretty much every meal. i did this for 16 months and when i was done i had paid off all of my past debt and saved enough money to buy my 2008 ninja 250R. Times are a little easier now that i have gotten a promotion at work and gotten rid of my debts and every week i find myself putting a new part on "the Ninj", riding as much as i can, and learning new things everyday.

What's your story?
wow to the dedication you had to get your bike i bet it felt amazing to finally have it after all the waiting. Congrats on being able to get it

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:03 PM   #151
x only performance
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nala333 View Post
wow to the dedication you had to get your bike i bet it felt amazing to finally have it after all the waiting. Congrats on being able to get it
thank ya much.... yous should check out my other thread i think you'll like it
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104670

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #152
Boomstick1491
ninjette.org member

Name: Carlos Spicy Wiener

Motorcycle(s): Too many

Quote:
I had always wanted a motorcycle growing up but as i got older and bills started coming get larger and more abundant i was never able to save the money to buy a bike. Between all my follies as a youth driver and my cars braking down or being stolen, i just couldn't do it. I decided to cut back on everything in my budget including: lowered the heat in my house and when it was cold i just grabbed a blanket, drove only to work and back and got rides everywhere else, no more eating out or going to the bar, cut down smoking to make a pack of smokes last 4 to 5 days, and ate Ramen for pretty much every meal. i did this for 16 months and when i was done i had paid off all of my past debt and saved enough money to buy my 2008 ninja 250R. Times are a little easier now that i have gotten a promotion at work and gotten rid of my debts and every week i find myself putting a new part on "the Ninj", riding as much as i can, and learning new things everyday.

What's your story?
Dude, I love this story. I think it's awesome that you were so dedicated to buying a bike that you cut down on things you previously thought you needed (both good and bad). Honestly, I think a lot of people should find it inspirational that you were able to sacrifice in order to buy something you wanted and you eliminated your debt in the process. When compared with the typical American reaction of assuming more debt to buy your toy, you did it the way more people should. I know this kinda sounds like preaching, but if more folks had your motivation/foresight/approach, the housing market probably would not have taken a tremendous dump...

As for me, I told my wife I wanted to learn to ride a bike, which she encouraged since it was something that interested me. After taking the MSF and clearly being bitten by the bug, I told her I was going to buy a bike. I gave myself a limit of $3k and set out to find the right starter. I found a tremendous deal in my 2008 Weed Whacker and snatched it up for $2200. Given the extent of my obsession and my desire to buy a true SS, I should probably sell my car if I don't want to be served divorce papers .
Boomstick1491 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 4th, 2012, 05:33 PM   #153
nala333
ninjette.org member

Quote:
thank ya much.... yous should check out my other thread i think you'll like it
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=104670
i like it...love hearing everyones stories thank you!!

Old June 5th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #154
Miles_Prower
One Loyal Fox

Name: Rahul

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R (RIP), 2011 ZX-6R

I always liked watching sport bikes go by and said I was going to get one. I talked about it in high school, and in college, and a little while after college. I wanted to get a CBR600RR and then finally I got a career and said, now is the time. My parents would never let me get one if I was living with them, but now I'm on my own so I do what I want! Unfortunately the insurance companies dampened my spirits when they quoted me off the wall premiums, so I started looking at costs for the ninjette instead of a 600cc.

Honestly though, I probably wouldn't have gotten the 250 if the new gen didn't come out (i know, i know..but i like flashy things haha). Once I saw it was within budget, I took my MSF and it's smooth sailing! Kind of glad I got the ninjette since I can comfortably reach the ground..the bigger bikes are a bit tough to put more than my toes down!
Miles_Prower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 5th, 2012, 01:35 PM   #155
Malicious Logic
hates stupid people

Motorcycle(s): 2005 ZX6R

When I decided I wanted a bike, it was only a few months after I'd just started financing on my car so I ended up forgetting about it. Got my hopes back up again last summer when I found out I could be getting deployed. If I was gonna get a bike, I wanted it to be mine, not something else to make payments on. Almost a year and a 6 month deployment later and tada! Finally got it and I couldn't be happier.

Old June 5th, 2012, 01:55 PM   #156
Ptdoughnut
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mason

Motorcycle(s): 12 250r (sold), 2014 ZX6R

I had decided that i would like a bike last summer, i built up a down payment and everything. I ended up being picked up for 5 paintball tournaments and that cleaned out my entire savings.

This year I saved more and more and was able to go and pick up my Ninjette may 19th. Got my license on the 22nd and havent stopped riding it yet! (my explorer is collecting dust) I don't know anyone who rides around here and never really talked to anyone about it. The only reason I found the ninjette is because I saw a guy riding a Kawasaki green bike and loved the colour. Lead me right to the 250.

Insurance around here is super low for them as well!

Old June 7th, 2012, 08:47 PM   #157
silverhana
ninjette.org member

Name: angie

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250

worked full time and saved money for 3 months, eating minimally and not splurging >< and was searching craigslist every day trying to find the best one! Found a 2009 Ninja 250 for $3000 with ~1000miles and offered $2800! had a friend ride it home for me
silverhana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 7th, 2012, 11:44 PM   #158
AlanDog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2019 Ninja 400, 2009 KLX250-SF, 2014 Zero S

I always wanted a motorcycle. I bought motorcycle magazines as a teenager, but my mom basically talked me out of it/wouldn't let me buy one. Well, about 30 years later, my friend is selling his 150cc Blur scooter. I had just sold one of my two cars (ie, I had an excuse, I needed a backup vehicle to my 20yr old car). So I buy the scooter, get a permit, but after three weeks riding it I knew I wanted a real motorcycle. I never took the scooter on the freeway, but on backroads I'd max it out at 55 mph and 12000 rpm (12 HP engine). When I'd tuck down, the bike would speed up!

Same friend recommended the ninja 250. Another friend agreed. I don't think either had ever ridden one, just word of mouth. When I test rode my bike for the first time, I didn't know how to shift, but once I got it in second gear and was going down the road 25mph, I just looked down the road over the handlebars and in a single moment knew that this was the bike. It just felt exactly right. Just a fun-sized toy.

Despite my new-found fanatical love of motorcycles, something tells me maybe my mom was right. I got into two car crashes just taking turns too fast and sliding off the road before I was twenty. I learned to slow down after that and haven't had a car accident since. I feel I am super cautious on a bike. But apparently I still like to take turns fast! Checking out a CL leather suit tomorrow, taking it to the track some time soon!
AlanDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 8th, 2012, 12:21 AM   #159
Vergil
Laser Quest

Name: Austin

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Black Ninja 250r

Came into a bit of money from losing my dream car... Still had an old truck, a 1979 Toyota Pick Up. Always was interested in motorcycles and a big family history with them. But never had the money to really get started. So I signed up for the MSF course, bought a whole ton of gear, then bought my ninja since my dad works for Kawasaki. Stumbled across this sight about a month after I bought it and thought I struck gold. Now I don't have the truck and my ninja is my daily. But I'm loving every day I'm riding now.
Vergil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 19th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #160
x only performance
ninjette.org member

I want to hear more stories