ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #1
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Got hit by a car that turned into my lane.

Luckily not on my Ninja, this was on my Honda Ruckus. But it sucks regardless Thankfully the driver of the vehicle was responsible enough to stop and wait with me till the police arrived so we can file a report and collect information.

What happened was, I was making a right onto a street as another car was making a left onto the street. This street had two lanes so naturally we have to be in our immediate lanes when we turn. However, this lady came into my lane, hit my handlebar and caused me to wipe out. The lady did admit fault saying she did cross into my lane as she was turning and hit me. I have all her info, witness info, filed a motor vehicle collision report, and contacted my insurance with all the information. Was there anything else I should do at this time?
rz3r0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM   #2
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
I don't know, but glad to hear you're okay! You are right?

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:23 PM   #3
Mountain Dew
Ambrosia.

Name: Jaymie

Motorcycle(s): 1974 Honda CB550K0 W.I.P.

Damn man, that sucks Seems like you did everything right, and I'm not sure if there's anything else, other than to wait.

Hope you were wearing your gear despite being in a scooter.

I've had this happen to me many times, but never contact :x

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #4
oreX
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2013 636 - ABS

Glad to hear you're ok.

I've always been afraid of this sort of thing happening, even in my car sometimes I drift into the other lane while making a left.
oreX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #5
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

na man you went by the book. good job and glad youre ok !
massacremasses is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 30th, 2012, 10:10 PM   #6
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki Ninja 250R(Sold), 11 Honda Ruckus, 12 Ducati Monster 696 ABS

Yeah I'm fine but I just feel light headed, got some minor abrasions, and a bruise on my shoulder. Never hit my head on anything, thank god I'm gonna go to the hospital and have them check me just in case. My bike is....well I don't think there are major damages as the engine still runs. I got a bent fork, wheel got unaligned, scrapes on left signal and left brake lever, bent brake lever, and scratches to the left side floor panel. Surprisingly no scratches to the frame.

Thanks for your concern and input guys Now to go to the hospital.

Old January 30th, 2012, 11:26 PM   #7
Slono
ninjette.org guru

Name: Solon

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (sold), 2007 SV650s (deer wrecked), 2010 Suzuki SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz3r0 View Post
Yeah I'm fine but I just feel light headed, got some minor abrasions, and a bruise on my shoulder. Never hit my head on anything, thank god I'm gonna go to the hospital and have them check me just in case. My bike is....well I don't think there are major damages as the engine still runs. I got a bent fork, wheel got unaligned, scrapes on left signal and left brake lever, bent brake lever, and scratches to the left side floor panel. Surprisingly no scratches to the frame.

Thanks for your concern and input guys Now to go to the hospital.
Get well soon!
Slono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 31st, 2012, 01:05 AM   #8
MustangGuy
ninjette.org member

Name: Roy

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 650

Glad you are OK. Some people do the damned craziest things on the road. I always knew that but on a bike, you really notice it.
MustangGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 1st, 2012, 02:11 AM   #9
rz3r0
ninjette.org member

Good thing I went to the hospital, because I found out I had a shoulder joint separation Well at least they told me it'll heal up within 1 month. Now I just have to get my bike to the dealer so they can repair/create a damage estimate for my insurance.

Old February 1st, 2012, 02:18 AM   #10
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rz3r0 View Post
Good thing I went to the hospital, because I found out I had a shoulder joint separation Well at least they told me it'll heal up within 1 month. Now I just have to get my bike to the dealer so they can repair/create a damage estimate for my insurance.
You didn't notice that!?
Glad you went to the hospital. Make sure the lady who hit you gets the bill for that one.

Old February 1st, 2012, 07:03 AM   #11
Gorilla25
Dakine...

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R (Sold) | 636 (hopefully soon)

im glad ur all good. im glad the lady stopped for u. a friend of mine got hit on the H1 last week, truck driver did not stop, and his R6 was totaled. im glad i talked him into using at LEAST a helmet. thats the 1st thing that hit the road that day.
Gorilla25 is offline   Reply With Quote