ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old October 5th, 2015, 06:30 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[American Motorcyclist Association] - North American riders impress at KTM RC Cup Wor

The following is an industry press release...

15-year-old Braeden Ortt Leads The Way With Third Overall on World Stage

SILVERSTONE, UK – The inaugural KTM RC Cup World Final took place at the historic Silverstone Race Circuit in the U.K., where the top five finishers of the U.S.-based MotoAmerica RC Cup Series represented KTM North America against the best young racers in the world. Fifteen-year-old Braeden Ortt topped the American squad with two podium finishes, claiming third overall in the global finale.

“It was an amazing race with close finishes and tight battles,” Ortt said. “Unfortunately a couple of the Americans crashed out but all-in-all it was a great experience and I can’t thank KTM enough for allowing us to come to Silverstone and showcase our talents on the world stage.”

It was 15-year-old Anthony Mazziotto III who led the North American squad into the first race after placing second in Saturday’s timed qualifier. With a front row start, Mazziotto jumped into a favorable position on the opening lap, where he was joined by Canadian teammate Braeden Ortt in a battle for podium positions.

A team of five North American riders competed in the KTM RC Cup World Final.

Meanwhile, 18-year-old Hayden Schultz experienced an issue on the grid that ultimately caused him to start the race from pit lane. From the last place position, Schultz passed his way into the top ten well before the halfway point, eventually overtaking the lead near the end of the race.

However, with one lap to go Schultz encountered a collision with two riders that ultimately removed him from the race. Ortt held strong to finish third place in race one.

Around the halfway point, Mazziotto made a mistake that caused him to run off the track and lose several positions. In the end, the New Jersey native was able to fight his way back to a fifth place finish in race one.

“It was really cool to lead the fastest racers in the world around Silverstone,” Mazziotto said. “Unfortunately, I made a major mistake that put me back 15th, but I was really happy to make it back to fifth.”

The 20-year-old MotoAmerica RC Cup Champion, Gage McAllister, experienced bad luck in race one where he tangled with another rider and crashed on lap two. Twenty-two-year-old Justin McWilliams underwent a crash on lap four, where he was unable to finish the race as well.

Despite an unlucky end to race one, Schultz was able to put in the fastest lap of the race to earn pole position on Sunday’s grid. Schultz led the way for the American squad in race two, followed closely by Braeden Ortt on the opening lap. The duo battled for the lead throughout the entire eight-lap race, where Ortt finished second and Schultz in a close third.

“Overall it was a pretty solid weekend,” Schultz said. “Qualifying didn’t go how we wanted it to but we powered through and ended strong with a podium finish. I would like to thank KTM USA for stepping up and giving us this opportunity!”

McAllister finished 13th in race two, while Mazziotto and McWilliams experienced crashes that ended their day early.

Race 2 podium:
Braeden Ortt (USA), Dijm Ulrich (NED) and Hayden Schultz (USA).

“Despite the results, I had a blast racing the World Final with my American teammates and the experience will last a lifetime,” McAllister said. “Just to be here in the U.K. and racing with the best in the world is pretty awesome.”

“The racing at Silverstone was very intense and a lot of fun,” McWilliams said. “I ended up crashing in both races, which was disappointing, but it was a great experience to race here and I’m really thankful that KTM made it all happen.”

KTM North America congratulates all RC Cup participants and their respective countries for a hard-fought weekend of racing.

For more information on the U.S. KTM RC Cup series, please visit www.ktmrccup.com.

KTM RC Cup World Final – Race 1
Silverstone Race Circuit

1. Sean Kelly (MEX)
  2. Dijm Ulrich (NED)
  3. Braeden Ortt (USA)
  4. Robert Schotman (NED)
  5. Anthony Mazziotto III (USA)
  6. Patrik Pulkkinen (FIN)
  7. Thomas Strudwick (GBR)
  8. Sasha de Vits (NED)
  9. Dennis Stelzer (GER)
  10. Joep Overbeeke (NED)