Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Notices

Old December 14th, 2018, 05:54 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcycle.com] - MO Tested: REV’IT! Traction Jacket Review

Full Mesh Jacket. Like the FMJ, the REV’IT! Traction jacket features an abrasion-resistant outer to protect its softer inner (you). The Traction jacket from REV’IT! is a summer jacket entirely composed of breathable fabric to keep you cool during the summer while also providing a removable waterproof liner for those Spring showers. Not to mention, the jacket looks the business when you’re walking around the urban jungle off of the bike, too.

Many product photos online show the green colorway (pictured) as a darker more forest green option when is reality, it’s closer to a light olive color.

The outer chassis of the Traction jacket is made from REV’IT!’s PWR mesh which provides an almost entirely mesh construction while maintaining abrasion resistance. Thermoplastic polyurethane sliders are found on the shoulders for extra abrasion resistance and to promote sliding, rather than catching and tumbling in a crash scenario.

Inside the Traction jacket you’ll find SEESMART CE level one protectors in the shoulders and elbows which flex to allow for a comfortable fit while still maintaining that CE level 1 safety rating. The jacket does not come with a back protector, but is set up to take REV’IT!’s SEESOFT CE level two protector (be sure to purchase the correct size protector for your jacket size).

Protection isn’t the only thing lying beneath the Traction jacket’s PWR mesh surface. You’ll also find a full detachable hydratex waterproof liner, making this jacket much more versatile than your standard summer mesh jacket. The liner connects via a few snap and loop closures as well as zippers on either side of the chest and is easy to remove and reinstall should you find yourself caught out in some Spring showers. The liner works as a windbreaker of sorts, too letting you stretch this jacket’s usage into the cooler months.

It was a bummer that after minimal use, the seam on the cuff had split all the way to the inside of the jacket. Thankfully, this kind of issue should be covered under REV’IT!’s two-year warranty for materials and production flaws.*

There is a two-way adjustable snap on the bicep of the jacket but that’s going to be it in terms of adjustability. The fit of the REV’IT! Traction jacket is snug. I typically wear a medium across the board, t-shirts, jackets, fishnet, etc. and the Traction jacket fits on the tighter end for sure. The elastic waistband and sleeves accentuate this feeling, and while I love the style of this jacket, the elastic waistband tends to ride up and the tight cuffs don’t allow any airflow to come up your sleeves. In the summer, I don’t want anything too snug, particularly around my wrists or neck. These things considered, I did find myself wishing the PWR mesh, which almost the entire jacket is made from, had a bit better airflow.

The trendy styling works well, even on the flashiest of Harley-Davidson’s CVO models.

I used this jacket while riding from the Midwest back to California, and when it wasn’t raining, it was quite comfortable in all but more extreme temperatures. I enjoy using this jacket and find the styling and overall feel of the fabric to be quite nice, to the point of just wearing the jacket as a normal jacket off the bike, which I have done on occasion. For $299.99, it’s good to have a jacket you’re willing to use on and off the bike. Find the REV’IT! Traction jacket on Revzilla.

We are committed to finding, researching, and recommending the best products. We earn commissions from purchases you make using the retail links in our product reviews and other articles. Learn more about how this works.

The post MO Tested: REV’IT! Traction Jacket Review appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

Click here for full story...