ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Notices

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:29 PM   #41
nickk_pike
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250 Gokart

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMSRacer07 View Post
brown ones the right ones?
The brown resistors?
nickk_pike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:33 PM   #42
nickk_pike
ninjette.org member

I'm just throwing things around that will get me one step closer, do you see that small wire that connects the brown/yellow to the black, how it isn't there on the bottom picture but is on the second? is that another price that I need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.8 KB, 6 views)

Old May 13th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #43
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Name: Cuong

Motorcycle(s): '10 250r, '09 265r

Bottom picture is the before. Top is the after. The joint connection That you are seeing with the top picture was because I repinned harness so it matches that similar to the original oem. the Chinese one as-is would work fine but I'm just anal.

Old May 14th, 2015, 04:05 AM   #44
nickk_pike
ninjette.org member

oh ok. well I'm at a total loss now.

Old May 14th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #45
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Where are you located? I can swing by to help and guide you. One resistor should do the trick.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old May 14th, 2015, 01:18 PM   #46
nickk_pike
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuong-nutz View Post
Where are you located? I can swing by to help and guide you. One resistor should do the trick.
I'm located by Willowbrook, NW Houston. I'd rather you not come now because the rain is absolutely terrible & I don't want to risk your own safety, but some other day could you?

Old May 14th, 2015, 02:08 PM   #47
cuong-nutz
RIP Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickk_pike View Post
I'm located by Willowbrook, NW Houston. I'd rather you not come now because the rain is absolutely terrible & I don't want to risk your own safety, but some other day could you?
Yeah, you're up there. I can make a trip up there sometime when I am free. I'm hoping it's not raining when I leave work with all the traffic.

Old May 14th, 2015, 02:14 PM   #48
nickk_pike
ninjette.org member

probably during my school summer when I'm not doing anything either, What's your number? I'll text you the details.

Old July 26th, 2019, 04:20 PM   #49
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickk_pike View Post
I recently have bought all the parts to put together a 2008 Ninja 250R, (Risky) I am currently 16 years old and plan on mounting this engine in my current 150cc 7HP engine lol. I have everything working, the electric start works, everything.. Except the spark plugs. I'm not 100% sure how to wire the coils, Yes I did ground them, I also grounded everything else that was needed to be grounded. BUT, the spark plugs just don't spark, any help, please!? THANKS SO MUCH.
Just following up for future searches. Problem here is coils SHOULD NEVER EVER BE CONNECTED TO GROUND!!!. Not to chassis ground or battery ground EVER. You'll never get spark if this is done. Also nothing else should be connected to ground except for specific wires designated as ground (mostly black/yellow wires).

That's because coil should ALWAYS be powered by +12v. With key ON, +12v from battery comes in on red-wire terminal, flows across coil's primary winding, and appears on other terminal of coil. So you should measure exact same +12v battery power on BOTH terminals of coil. If not, you've got coil or wiring problem.

Then when cranking, ECU is what grounds black or green wires to fire coil and spark-plugs. This grounding pulse is extremely short in duration and cannot be measured by multimeter. You can only see it with 'noid-light or better yet, oscilloscope.

Ignition-switch and 100-ohm resistors makes zero difference if coils are wired incorrectly.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote