Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Notices

Old October 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Trillian
ninjette.org member

Name: Beth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

OKC to KC

We took a trip from OKC to Kansas City last weekend on the motorcycles. I loaded my Lil Ninja up as much as I could.

His bike carried most of the luggage, I'm too cool for saddlebags (not really) but the ones I want aren't in the budget yet.

The ride up was hard for me, I'd worked half a day, we were rushed to get there, and this was by far the longest distance I'd ever tried to go in one day on the bike. I had to stop way more often than I should have (like every 60ish miles) and I didn't keep up with him like I wanted to. Took us almost twice as long to get there as it should but we made it.

Saturday we did some more recreational riding. We took a drive to some of the areas he knew, and went to the coolest Renaissance Festival I've ever been to. He wrecked in a parking lot trying to push his bike harder than it wanted to be pushed (he was oh so very proud). He only lost a mirror and something I'd knocked off the last time I dumped it.

He did also show me this place, in the middle of suburb. For sure the best part of the whole trip.

This is the only pic I took of both the bikes, you can't see all his luggage. He was packed to the max.

All in all it was good experience for me, I discovered I can't stay on the bike long, and probably need an MP3 Player that I can hear while on the road. We need a way to communicate because neither of us understand each others hand signals. I also found out I LOATHE riding in a strange large city at night where I'm going, and in general am not a fan of night riding. Oh and he needs to get a camera so he can take pics of me!
Trillian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2010, 06:39 PM   #2
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

Nice pics You should think about getting a helmet to hemet com system. I have a scala rider set up and it works pretty well.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 25th, 2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Trillian
ninjette.org member

Name: Beth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Forgot to mention I FOUND WALDO
Trillian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 31st, 2010, 11:42 PM   #4
Bleak21
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 05 Ninjette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillian View Post
Forgot to mention I FOUND WALDO

(PS I use a zune with philips noise-cancelling earbuds. Works great!)
Bleak21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 3rd, 2010, 08:03 AM   #5
addy126

Name: addy126

Motorcycle(s): '09 Kawasaki N-250 + '09 Vulcan 900 Classic Lt

I use the Scala Multiset for bike to bike, cellphone, mp3 and fm radio. The bluetooth function is wonderful... voice activated etc. Practically hands free. Bike to bike is crystal clear up to 500 ft. FM radio satisfactory with 5 presets I believe. Waterproof and companct. Only downside... sound is mono not stereo but its okay considering all the other benefits. I hate riding without it now, the bike to bike is great and no one knows around you that you are talking about them at stoplights with your riding buddy! lol
addy126 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 4th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #6
setasai

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

When I decide to listen to music I use the Etymotics ER6's. Takes a while to get used to but the noise isolation is on par with decent earplugs and really takes the edge off riding. I stopped using it for a while when I was learning the blipping technique but on the freeway it helps dramatically. Not sure how they would work with a Scala communication system though. Might get in the way.

http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er6i.aspx
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote