MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Great looking bike ally99!
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2011, 06:17 PM   #42
case86
ninjette.org member

Name: casey

Motorcycle(s): 05 kawasaki ninja 250

I love the design of the 650 but I just bought a 250 wish I would have did more research before my purchase but i really haven't heard many complaints either way of course this is my first street bike so i just bought a pregen and that was based off a friends referral
case86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #43
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
A blast from the past! I'd forgotten about this thread. Seeing my "1st mountain ride" pics make me laugh. Boy, I've learned so much since then, though still much to learn...always.
We sold my "Big Ninj" (ie: 650). I loved it and had adapted to its height, but we just didn't have to space for 3 motorcycles between the two of us, and personally if I can only have one, my Lil Ninj is the bike for me. Eventually I'll get another bigger bike. I enjoyed the experience of riding it, but due its size (height, in particular), there were occasional situations in which I was less comfortable (ie: having to back up on even a tiny, tiny incline was always tricky). If anyone is considering a 650 however, it truly is a great bike with plenty of pull through the low and middle RPM range. In some ways, it's easier to ride than our 250s. I learned much by riding a bigger bike.

Edit: Sporting new summer gear here. I found some killer deals on Fieldsheer! I went with their "Breeze" jacket and got it for $54.99 on motorcycle superstore (regularly $130). FS's "Mercury" pants were on close-out for only $59 (regularly $160), but they were a weird fit, so I went with Scorpion's Hellena pants. They fit perfectly. The Fieldsheer Roxanne gloves are new too and were only $22 (regularly $66). They offer great protection for a more casual pair of gloves. I love great deals! They still have close-out items left.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...1_FieldsheerCO
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN3037.JPG (62.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN3044.JPG (62.0 KB, 8 views)

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM   #44
KURT
Resident Old Guy

Name: Kurt

Motorcycle(s): sold

My wife wonders why I ride her 250, every chance I get. Even though she's ridden my 650, I don't think she appreciates how much more nimble the 250R is around the turns.

Although the 650 better suits my frame and needs, the Li'l Ninja is just a whole lot more interesting to ride.
KURT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2011, 04:08 PM   #45
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Agree, especially in the mountain twisties! The wide handle bars on the 650 help make it more flickable than one might think, at least, that was my experience. I never took it to the mountains though.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson
ally99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 5th, 2011, 04:13 PM   #46
Raven
ninjette.org member

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja ZX6R

Nice yellow/red decal color scheme. Don't get to see them a lot anymore nowadays.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote