ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old July 27th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Jury duty

I am not looking forward to this today. I think I'd rather be at work thank you very much.

BLAH!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 06:14 AM   #2
bob706
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250 1998 HD Road King

HA! You said duty. Nah, seriously jury duty sucks.
bob706 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 08:01 AM   #3
00NissanNinja
I hate driving...

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 13 Triumph Street Triple R, 09 Ninja 250r (Sold 4/20/12)

Lol yeah it sucks, I was really surprised when I was selected. I got the flu and a migraine headache in the middle of it too which really made it horrible eventually after much whining they let me go. I just got my bike the week before jury duty lame...

09 ninja 2fiddy SE Driving slow things fast
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 09:31 AM   #4
shortstuff
ninjette.org member

Name: Stacey

Motorcycle(s): 08 250

I'm a law clerk and spend a lot of time in the courthouses. We're always dealing with whiny jurors Just remember that the right to a jury trial is what ultimately protects all of us from government opposition, and we wouldn't have a Sixth Amendment without ya
shortstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM   #5
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Man I actually look forward to jury duty, the only thing I hate is waiting all day. I almost got put onto a murder case with sentencing seeking the death penalty a couple months ago. They said the trial was going to last over 6 months and it conflicted with school... so I was excused.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #6
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

So far I have been rejected for four juries. The three strikes I have against me are, Medical background, Eleven years in Law Enforcement (Hostage Negotiation), and Clinical Social Worker, LCSW, for 25 years. I still get canned even though I tell them that I have every intention of being impartial. I guess they stopped calling me since I have heard nothing in ten years.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 27th, 2010, 11:21 AM   #7
Sailariel

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
I'm a law clerk and spend a lot of time in the courthouses. We're always dealing with whiny jurors Just remember that the right to a jury trial is what ultimately protects all of us from government opposition, and we wouldn't have a Sixth Amendment without ya
That is for sure. With all its flaws, we still have a great system. It never ceases to amaze me how brilliant our founding fathers were to produce such a powerful document. It is hard to imagine what a miracle it was that people like Washington, Adams, Jefferson, Franklin, etc. were all there at the same time. We Americans by choice (Naturalized Citizens) do not take our freedoms for granted---we cherish them.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote