Closed Thread

Old December 19th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #41
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
I can see why the guy said that, since you were stalking him. But he did overreact a bit.

Its one thing to start talking to a guy at a light, but following him around uninvited is crossing the line of his personal space.

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM   #42
KawiKid860

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

Quote:
Seems a bit harsh to me. On the positive side, It sounds like he saved you the time it would have taken otherwise to figure out you were hanging out with a complete tool.
This.

Also it is a little weird IMO that you pulled an intentional U-turn to follow some other riders.. Although I'm friendly and I'd strike up a conversation with another rider, that's just ME though. I followed a CBR954RR and Ninja 650R one time but I pulled a u-turn before I even saw them then waited for them to go by to pull out. I kept a slightly farther distance too recognizing I wasn't part of their group but enjoyed the rider companionship. At least thats how it went in my head lol.

Old December 19th, 2011, 08:52 PM   #43
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephiaSputnik View Post
I'm thinking odd stuff happens to me all the time when I'm out riding just because I'm a girl.
Men follow female riders all the time, and not just bikers. They all want to get close and get a good look. I think its because men don't see many women riding motorcycles. They stare and follow us because they're shocked. I'm always getting the ol "is that really YOUR bike?" or the "are you really gonna rock that right now?"... I say to them, haven't you ever seen a girl on a bike before? Most of them say "No... unless she's riding on the back."

Anyway, if this situation happened to me and it was another girl following me, I would've been more than happy to stop and say hello. I don't have any female biker friends so it would be cool to meet some girls to ride with. If a male followed me for 20 minutes, it would probably creep me out. He better have a good excuse for following me or be ready for a swift kick to the groin. Its one thing to ride beside someone but turning around to follow them can really freak them out. They might think you're a thief trying to steal their bike...

You should have realized they didn't want your company since they didn't stop for 20 minutes. That's a long time to follow somebody. You don't know those people, they could've had a gun or something. I woulda gave up after the first few minutes.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:02 PM   #44
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeDaHeLL View Post
Men follow female riders all the time, and not just bikers. They all want to get close and get a good look. I think its because men don't see many women riding motorcycles. They stare and follow us because they're shocked.
I used to get that all the time, having long beautiful hair flowing in the wind behind me, and pink flowers painted on a purple helmet. People always sort of looked disapointed when I took my helmet off.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:15 PM   #45
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii View Post
People always sort of looked disapointed when I took my helmet off.
Really? Well they missed out. It takes a real woman to ride a bike. If they were only focused on looks then they weren't worth your time. Tell them to go kick rocks.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #46
nickjpass
#squid

Name: nickypoo

Motorcycle(s): Track dedicated 2008 ZX6R

MOTM - Jul '16
@Skippii is a male

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:20 PM   #47
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
@Skippii is a male

Last futzed with by RaZeDaHeLL; December 21st, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:21 PM   #48
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

LOL, I was not paying attention and thought I was still talking to SephiaSputnik. LMFAO

Last futzed with by RaZeDaHeLL; December 21st, 2011 at 07:13 AM.

Old December 19th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #49
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Made my day haha funny stuff

Old December 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #50
Skippii
Milkshake Drinker

Name: Skippii

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Orange DRZ400-S, 2005 Ninja 250 & Custom Thundercunt Dirt Chopper

This thread is hilarious.

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:54 AM   #51
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

LMAO.

Bikers in pink gear are always welcome in Provincetown, MA. No disappointments there, even if your crotch rocket is only 250cc.

OP: Some bike riders, even Ninjette riders, are total douchebags. Some are even on this forum. Just get used to it.

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:02 AM   #52
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Wow I couldn't work out whether the OP was serious or not...

I'm a pretty freindly guy too, but to chuck a uey and follow someone is equally both sad and creepy. Whilst I may not have said what he said because it's not really in my nature, I definatey would have been thinking it whilst trying to escape your company. Dunno how things are over there, but over here if ur at a servo or a stop light with another bike(s), you might get a nod or a chat if you're caught looking at another bike, but it's more of a knowing "caught ya perving" kinda thing. Certainly not some big happy family bullshit. It's also why you don't see Honda Civic drivers ripping up the handbrake flipping 180s all over town to follow each other and say hello. Bikes can be a hobby as much as a car can - it's no excuse to think everyone with the same style or brand as you want's you chasing them because you're long lost brothers from other mothers. Sorry to be harsh but am I the only one that sees this as ridiculous as it is? I've had a couple of bikers wave/nod at me in my humble 2 years of driving (that's 2 riders in a city that rides all year long), and they were both on their L plates. Take from that what you will but it was a very WTF moment for me.

Look, I'm a noob and get that riding amongst other bikes is a little exciting sometimes, but I've never thought it reason to even say hello, let alone stalk someone, whiich is exactly what he did. His comment is completely understandable. Maybe it hurt your feelings, but maybe you needed it - if at best it prevents you from getting a black eye in future. I dunno - maybe it's becuase I live in the city and the majority of riders are riding because they have somewhere to go and aren't on the lookout for new friends... or maybe I'm just a bitch. Either way, I doubt he thought he was better than you, he just didn't know you, and any general respect he 'owed' you was dashed when you shat all over his personal space with your stalkerish behaviour, so you got what was coming.

Seriously... LOL!

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:07 AM   #53
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

Sorry - time and place is all I'm saying. If you want new biker friends, enlist for group rides or jump on sites like this to organise something - not chase random dudes whilst they're on their way to work and/or on romantic gay rides together

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #54
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Yeah, I would have been a bit creeped out and defensive after being followed like that, but then again, I'm a chick. We have to watch our back for dirty old men. lol! So I guess you could say the dude reacted like a girl. :P

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #55
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Yeah, it must be creepy when guys are stalking U. But when no one is after U, it's game over

Old December 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM   #56
ForceofWill
Blind 250 Loving Whore

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2008 250R, 02 FZ1, '20 Fat Bob 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by naughtylion View Post
Wow I couldn't work out whether the OP was serious or not...

I'm a pretty freindly guy too, but to chuck a uey and follow someone is equally both sad and creepy. Whilst I may not have said what he said because it's not really in my nature, I definatey would have been thinking it whilst trying to escape your company. Dunno how things are over there, but over here if ur at a servo or a stop light with another bike(s), you might get a nod or a chat if you're caught looking at another bike, but it's more of a knowing "caught ya perving" kinda thing. Certainly not some big happy family bullshit. It's also why you don't see Honda Civic drivers ripping up the handbrake flipping 180s all over town to follow each other and say hello. Bikes can be a hobby as much as a car can - it's no excuse to think everyone with the same style or brand as you want's you chasing them because you're long lost brothers from other mothers. Sorry to be harsh but am I the only one that sees this as ridiculous as it is? I've had a couple of bikers wave/nod at me in my humble 2 years of driving (that's 2 riders in a city that rides all year long), and they were both on their L plates. Take from that what you will but it was a very WTF moment for me.

Look, I'm a noob and get that riding amongst other bikes is a little exciting sometimes, but I've never thought it reason to even say hello, let alone stalk someone, whiich is exactly what he did. His comment is completely understandable. Maybe it hurt your feelings, but maybe you needed it - if at best it prevents you from getting a black eye in future. I dunno - maybe it's becuase I live in the city and the majority of riders are riding because they have somewhere to go and aren't on the lookout for new friends... or maybe I'm just a bitch. Either way, I doubt he thought he was better than you, he just didn't know you, and any general respect he 'owed' you was dashed when you shat all over his personal space with your stalkerish behaviour, so you got what was coming.

Seriously... LOL!

You don't live in the US, your point of view holds no merrit here. You have to understand the differences in culture before you go shooting off at the mouth. In most other countries in the world, motorcycling is much more popular, solely as a mode of transportation. It's not that way in this country. Motorcycles are considered toys. As such, the % of people riding that are hobbiests and in it for the fun is much much greater. People don't ride bikes because they have to here, they do it because they WANT to. While I wouldn't have done what the OP did either, it's not unreasonable to assume another biker will be interested in riding here.

Old December 20th, 2011, 07:18 AM   #57
eddiekay

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I'm a pretty friendly guy but if someone just joined up with me on the road I'd think they wanted directions or something or were lost?

Old December 20th, 2011, 07:29 AM   #58
naughtylion
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceofWill View Post
You don't live in the US, your point of view holds no merrit here. You have to understand the differences in culture before you go shooting off at the mouth. In most other countries in the world, motorcycling is much more popular, solely as a mode of transportation. It's not that way in this country. Motorcycles are considered toys. As such, the % of people riding that are hobbiests and in it for the fun is much much greater. People don't ride bikes because they have to here, they do it because they WANT to. While I wouldn't have done what the OP did either, it's not unreasonable to assume another biker will be interested in riding here.
You're right. **** me for not being American and having an opinion on the subject.

Motorcycles are toys here too mate - this isn't India. They're still every bit a luxury believe me, its just we have the opportunity to ride all year round. So whilst that may sway the % if hobbiests a little, the reasons and attitudes for and about riding aren't all that disimilar. I've travelled in the US and ur forgetting most of our prime time tv comes from you guys to, so although I dont live there there's no need to discredit my experience assuming I know nothing if ur culture. Arrogance like that won't get you far

All culture aside, because it has no relevance, I was commenting in the OPs behaviour. Stalking is stalking, and common sense is common sense no matter where ur from. Read the thread - the majority of your countrymen agree. But lets make this racial - just too prove how grown up we are

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM   #59
Socal5646
ninjette.org member

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 2011 150cc chinaman scooter

This thread is turning into a cluster ****. Bottom line...in ANY country...Busting a U to follow/join a group of riders (uninvited) you don't know is WRONG. Lesson learned. My 3 (soon to be 4) year old has better social skills than that!

Old December 20th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #60
dino74

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socal5646 View Post
This thread is turning into a cluster ****. Bottom line...in ANY country...Busting a U to follow/join a group of riders (uninvited) you don't know is WRONG. Lesson learned. My 3 (soon to be 4) year old has better social skills than that!
CVMA #55

Old December 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM   #61
klewi
Ninjette of the North

Name: Kyle

Motorcycle(s): Blue 2010 Ninja 250

Not long after I got my bike I pulled up to a stop sign and another rider pulled up beside me. I noticed it was a 250 too but not as pretty as mine; it was green ewww ick (just kidding). We exchanged some intangible greetings before the light turned. He then followed me around town before I pulled into a parking lot. He pulled up; we shook hands, talked and exchanged numbers. We now ride together, aint that right Kelphyn? Nothing creepy about it.

I quite often come across other riders and tag along (and other riders to me). I don’t think I’ve hacked a nut to do it mind you. Sometimes we pull over and chat, sometimes I ride a while, give a wave, then go my own way. I’ve never had an issue.

Judging by the polar responses I’d say it probably depends on where you live as to what constitutes riding etiquette. But that's just my 2cents

Old December 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM   #62
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Yamaha TTR 50 SUCK IT

I think its more about you as a person... I live in norcal and I would not care. However I know guys who would probably say the same thing as the douche did to the OP. Yeah I think they are jerks so

but seriously is it really that odd? I dont think so. My social skills have gotten me through life unscathed so I imagine they must be decent.

Old December 20th, 2011, 04:37 PM   #63
Socal5646
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
but seriously is it really that odd? I dont think so. My social skills have gotten me through life unscathed so I imagine they must be decent.
I would rate it under little boys hitting girls that they like....so to answer your question, yes. A grown man BUSTING A U to follow strangers is not right.

Old December 20th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #64
SephiaSputnik
ninjette.org member

Name: Laura

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki SV 650, Ninja 250

Quote:
I would rate it under little boys hitting girls that they like....
LOL! A very good point!

I personally love meeting people who ride, but yeah you gotta look for subtle things that might indicate that your presence is unappreciated.

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:00 PM   #65
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Quote:
I would rate it under little boys hitting girls that they like....so to answer your question, yes. A grown man BUSTING A U to follow strangers is not right.
You make it sound so homosexual...

Ill agree to disagree, however I havent done it nor would I. BUT I would not mind if someone did it to me as long as I found there intentions to be pure. (not scoping out my house to steal my ****)

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:04 PM   #66
Socal5646
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by massacremasses View Post
You make it sound so homosexual...

Ill agree to disagree, however I havent done it nor would I. BUT I would not mind if someone did it to me as long as I found there intentions to be pure. (not scoping out my house to steal my ****)
lol...I think that's where the disagreement is! I think most of us wouldn't mind if someone joined us randomly...but I'm also SURE the same people wouldn't do what the OP did...

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #67
massacremasses
Avid Kitteh Poster

Yeah but I feel bad cause his intentions were obviously pure and he was just stoked to see some other dudes riding, which again is why I would never have said that..

Old December 20th, 2011, 05:22 PM   #68
Hoodie Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R Special

Can't say that I would be thrilled that someone gave chase with me...

BUT...

What he said to you was a D-Bag move. He could have just said "hey" and went about his hotdog eat'n business!

Old December 20th, 2011, 09:06 PM   #69
LexisReid
ninjette.org member

Name: Alexis

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Also a girl, so maybe I am just paranoid, but I can't think of a reason in life that I'd like to be followed by a stranger for 20 minutes... even if it's a misunderstanding. And especially if it is a cop

Old December 21st, 2011, 03:09 PM   #70
blink
Always.

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, '05 GSX-R600

Here in calgary me nd my buddy always do that. Its always ended up in either a good convo, free coffee, and number exchange.

I gues we just didnt ever run into that "asshole"

Old December 21st, 2011, 05:59 PM   #71
Gregg_VA
Lucid, yet unaware.

Name: Gregg

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Goldwing; 2009 KLR-650; 2011 Ninja 250; 2010 FJR-1300

I have been following this thread with interest but didn't see any real discussion on my biggest concern with riding up on another rider/group or having them fall in on me. My concern would be their experience and professionalism. Are they going to do stupid stuff? Do I need to worry about them collecting me up in their stupidity? Then again their riding style might match mine and everything would be OK. It's a crap shoot. Now, having said that, I am not making a u-turn to go catch them so I am more referring to falling in on someone/group at a stop sign, intersection, traffic light, etc.
IBA #485, Goldwing Darkside #646
http://va-ldrider.blogspot.com

Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM   #72
dkstariob
ninjette.org member

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): None

The guy's reaction wasn't cool.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:33 AM   #73
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

It was a little weird of you to follow them the way you did. You never know how someone is going to react to that. Everyone is different. This guy just wasn't in the mood. He could have been nicer about it, but he also could have been even less understanding if he felt threatened...

Old December 23rd, 2011, 08:49 AM   #74
Jay72
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Here in calgary me nd my buddy always do that. Its always ended up in either a good convo, free coffee, and number exchange.

I gues we just didnt ever run into that "asshole"
Blink it is because we are in Canada, and known around the world as friendly. I totally agree though I have never had a problem chatting up another rider, no matter what they are on, even a couple of Harley guys. So nice to be Canadian EH?

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:13 AM   #75
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay72 View Post
Blink it is because we are in Canada, and known around the world as friendly. I totally agree though I have never had a problem chatting up another rider, no matter what they are on, even a couple of Harley guys. So nice to be Canadian EH?
I hate being in Canada. I was once followed by another rider for 20 minutes yelling, "Hey, I jus wanna give you a free hug, eh?!?"

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM   #76
kyrider

Name: Bobbert

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R

When I am stalking someone I usually do it from a distance. They do not even know I am there. You may be new at it so no big deal. I can usually get the pictures I need on the third day.

A group of us have formed a club to help those like you.

Please visit our website at www.stalkers.org

Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:44 AM   #77
Jay72
ninjette.org member

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom King View Post
I hate being in Canada. I was once followed by another rider for 20 minutes yelling, "Hey, I jus wanna give you a free hug, eh?!?"
You must be in the Toronto area then...lol

Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:21 AM   #78
jdoucet93
ninjette.org sage

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 2009 R6

I think some of you may have gotten the wrong idea from this. I didn't lock up my rear and do a 180 fast and the furious style. I saw two bikers riding around, they both waved at me, I waved back, kept going, realized I had a bit of extra time to waste, turned around at the next intersection, and caught back up to them at the next light. We rode around for a little while, then they both started getting really sketchy, and then we all pulled into sonic. (This is the same sonic where we have a big bike night here every wednesday) And it was packed. So I can't understand how I was being a "stalker" for going ride around town with some fellow bikers. Maybe you people just aren't as friendly as I thought most bikers were towards other bikers.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 12:55 PM   #79
nickjpass
#squid

MOTM - Jul '16
Never mind. For some reason I thought you pulled an illegal u-turn. But like I said, they were still overreacting.

Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:03 PM   #80
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdoucet93 View Post
I didn't lock up my rear and do a 180 fast and the furious style.
See, that's where you went wrong. Had you done that, I'm sure you would have gained their respect and rather than getting an a-hole comment, they probably would have said: "dude! that was sick! Let's go eat burgers!".

Any ways, in seriousness, you handled the situation well.

Closed Thread