ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Old January 16th, 2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

WTB 08+ ninja 250r (Northern VA)

I want to buy a new gen 250r in northern Virginia. Preferably with <5000 miles. But if you have one for sale near me then I will consider it with a few extra miles. I cant afford to go gallivanting for a 2 hour ride to get there and find something wrong with the bike so please, if you have a bike for sale, tell me anything and everything I should know about the bike. Thanks for looking at my post .

Old January 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2
oroboros
GDTRFB

Name: Drew

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250 - sold 2005 EX500R project

Hey Cody (funny cause this is the name I was given if I have had like 10 drinks too many - my alter ego "Cody" shows up )

I don't mean to be presumptuous but have you ever heard of Tempest? It is a quick way to search a several different craigslist with in a certain geographic range.

http://www.searchtempest.com/

I poured over this constantly until I found my bike. Do you know how much you want/can spend? Maybe you can find a dealer trying to move an 09. When I was looking (from the Philly area) this place kept coming up on eBay and Craig's list. http://www.ridersvillecycle.com They had 09's and were listing a discounted price (from MSRP) but of course they still get you with the destination charges and taxes and what ever other things they come up with. A little patience and determination and you will find the bike. Spring is around the corner and folks will start to buy and sell.
oroboros is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 16th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #3
Live2ride

I actually use crazedlist.org, and it does open open multiple craigslist locations / searches on a single screen. I have been searching for one of these 250's for months now, ever since my first ride on one. I've searched craigslist on almost a daily basis, and I've found some great looking bikes but sadly none of them ended up working out. They either didn't reveal the entire truth about the bike in their ad, or just ignored my e-mails. As far as Ebay goes for vehicles, I don't trust it as far as I can throw it (and I mean, how far can you throw a website, right?). Baseline, I have been searching, on craigslist postings, along with just about every other classifieds website i could get my grubby lil hands on. And I dont feel like dealing with all the added dealer fee's charged for a bike either.

p.s. O, and next time I have 10 drinks too many, I'll let you know if my friends call me "Drew"

edit:

I tried searchtempest, it seems to have a much better ui than crazedlist, thanks for recommending it.

Old January 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM   #4
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Name: Nate

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Honda CBR600RR

2010 special edition

http://www.rghonda.com/new_vehicle_d...65&pov=1763134

my old bike is still for sale at the dealership

The bike was well maintained and had its oil changes.

HMF pipe, shimmed carbs, snorkle removed. kleen air system removed, undertail / fe, and thats all i can think of at the moment.

If interested call and ask for Steven and say Nate (aka me, the old owner) told you about the bike. He maybe able to help you out on price / accessories .. ect. GL

Vid of bike after I installed exhaust.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old January 17th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #5
Live2ride

I actually may have found a cheap one for around $2500, with 3.5k miles on it. It was laid down once but repaired apparently, I'm waiting for the seller to reply to my e-mail. I'll definitely have to call that dealer to see what he's willing to let your old bike go for if this doesn't work out, sadly money is my first concern though

Old January 18th, 2011, 05:35 AM   #6
oroboros
GDTRFB

Hope that works out. For reference, I paid $2500 for an 09 w/ 650 miles on it. I think that was a decent price. Many people buy these bikes obviously as beginners bikes so lots of them get resold quickly with low miles. Every dog has his day! I want Nate's bike :P
Posted via Mobile Device

Old January 18th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #7
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros View Post
Hope that works out. For reference, I paid $2500 for an 09 w/ 650 miles on it. I think that was a decent price. Many people buy these bikes obviously as beginners bikes so lots of them get resold quickly with low miles. Every dog has his day! I want Nate's bike :P
Posted via Mobile Device
The 250 or my CBR ?

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #8
oroboros
GDTRFB

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvninja View Post
The 250 or my CBR ?
I was thinking the 250 you traded in...but now I want both...perhaps the CBR even more

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:31 AM   #9
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Green ones mine ... the next three bikes in line are friends

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:47 AM   #10
oroboros
GDTRFB

Sorry to hijack your thread Cody!

Yes, I am jealous Nate!

Now I have to apologize to my Ninjette for thinking bad thoughts

Old January 18th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #11
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by oroboros View Post
Sorry to hijack your thread Cody!

Yes, I am jealous Nate!

Now I have to apologize to my Ninjette for thinking bad thoughts
Don't feel bad, I don't think anyone on these forums lives within 100 miles to sell me their bike anyway;I'm Just goin out on a limb. I'd like to take that cbr off your hands anyday, are you feeling generous? Maybe a donation to the less fortunate?

Old January 18th, 2011, 08:04 AM   #12
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
Don't feel bad, I don't think anyone on these forums lives within 100 miles to sell me their bike anyway;I'm Just goin out on a limb. I'd like to take that cbr off your hands anyday, are you feeling generous? Maybe a donation to the less fortunate?
haha

I love it way to much to part. I wish it were april already so I could ride it. BTW if you do decide to get that bike I live 2 minutes away from the dealership. And if you wait till after hibernation season I'd be down for a ride.

Old January 24th, 2011, 07:21 PM   #13
Live2ride

Well, I have found 2 ninja 250's on craigslist, I emailed both of the sellers, and haven't gotten a response from either one. I'm starting to question whether or not it's a craigslist forwarding system error, or if the sellers are just ignoring my e-mails. This isn't the first time this has happened....anyone else having a problem with e-mailing people through craigslist?

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #14
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

What are you putting in your emails?

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 24th, 2011, 08:29 PM   #15
Live2ride

I just send them an email saying I'm interested in the bike they posted for sale and ask them questions about the bike, questions like if it has a clear title, if it has any damage or any mods. I've sent emails like this b4 and gotten responses, but in about the past month or so I can't seem to get a response from anyone.

Old January 25th, 2011, 05:00 AM   #16
oroboros
GDTRFB

I find most are to lazy take down the ad after they have sold. If the ad is more than a week old I think it is suspect.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old February 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM   #17
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Bump .. you find anything yet?

I was at my honda dealership yesterday and they still have my old ninja for sale. If you call them and say I sent you there they may make you a pretty good offer. I think they are trying to get all the 250s out the door so they can start selling the honda 250's when they come in.

Old February 15th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #18
Live2ride

I've found a few more but still having an issue with people ignoring my e-mails. It's not a big deal, I'm in no hurry. I can't upgrade my permit to a license until March 21st. I didn't call the dealership because the red / black SE's just don't tickle my fancy (no offense of course ). And I don't feel like dealing with a dealership considering all the added fee's. I don't plan on paying over $3,000 for a bike, especially since there have been plenty for sale on craigslist around here with under 3,000 miles for around $2,500.

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM   #19
Live2ride

Old March 3rd, 2011, 08:32 PM   #20
scotty

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

With spring comming fast, I am sure a good deal will pop up. Although you may have to be quick with it. I have a feeling any bike under a 500cc motor will be flying off floors due to gas prices.

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:25 AM   #21
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Name: Dre

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Ninja 300, 2008 ZX6, 2011 Ninja 1000

Here's a decent deal. Has the GSXR exhaust.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...241499053.html

I see you are having problems with people on Craigslist getting back to you via email. My advice, call them. That is the best and fastest way to get info on the bike. It will also tell you if the ad is fake or genuine.

Good luck.
gogoKawi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM   #22
Live2ride

I've actually already talked to the guy that posted that ad, I talked him down to $2800 but now I gotta fit it in my schedule to go see the bike (he's in maryland, about 2 hours from my house). The gsxr exhaust is definitely a plus, it sounds and looks great. He told me he put neon lights on it too. Hopefully it won't be sold by the time I can go take a look at it.

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:59 AM   #23
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Dude... If you want it, you should jump on it sooner rather than later. See if he will meet you somewhere. He might meet you at a metro station or mall.

The weather is about to break and bikes go extremely fast around this time of year. I was looking for a bike around this time last year. It was crazy! I drove all over the area looking at bikes: DC, MD, and VA. In the end, I drove 3 hours away, West Virginia, to pickup my ZX6. It was well worth it!

Old March 4th, 2011, 11:01 AM   #24
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

GSXR exhaust is nice, if its done right. Hopefully it's been packed so there's not a lot of loss in back pressure lost which would make the bike well in the end slower.

Old March 4th, 2011, 11:02 AM   #25
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoKawi View Post
Dude... If you want it, you should jump on it sooner rather than later. See if he will meet you somewhere. He might meet you at a metro station or mall.

The weather is about to break and bikes go extremely fast around this time of year. I was looking for a bike around this time last year. It was crazy! I drove all over the area looking at bikes: DC, MD, and VA. In the end, I drove 3 hours away, West Virginia, to pickup my ZX6. It was well worth it!
Where in WV?

Old March 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM   #26
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Where in WV?
Romney.

Old March 4th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #27
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

ah thats about 2 1/2 hours east from me

Old March 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #28
Live2ride

Quote:

I understand this, but it's not just my schedule I have to work around, it's my dad's (he has the only truck in the family to drive the bike back with) and the sellers. It makes it hard to find time considering I work many nights and my dad works almost every morning-mid afternoon. I've been searching for bikes since last summer but I don't get my moto license until the 21st of this month (had to hold the permit for a while) So Ive been very patient trying to find a good bike..

Quote:
GSXR exhaust is nice, if its done right. Hopefully it's been packed so there's not a lot of loss in back pressure lost which would make the bike well in the end slower.
That's very true, I'm really weary of buying a bike with mechanical mods. I don't really trust anyone with that sort of stuff. I've ridden a stock 250 plenty of times before so I know how much power it has and I'm sure I'd notice a change.

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:30 PM   #29
Live2ride

I'm almost considering a new bike. I can get a new 2010 blue 250 for around $4100 otd but I don't want to have to deal with paying off a loan, paying for the first few maintenance visits or dealing with the break in period; All of which add up to a lot which I'm sure you guys know. But the peace of mind would be nice

Old March 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM   #30
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
I'm almost considering a new bike. I can get a new 2010 blue 250 for around $4100 otd but I don't want to have to deal with paying off a loan, paying for the first few maintenance visits or dealing with the break in period; All of which add up to a lot which I'm sure you guys know. But the peace of mind would be nice
$4100 otd is kinda expensive. tell them to trim the fat on the dealer "fees". Also MSRP is NOT what they pay for the bike. If they don't make you a deal tell them thats fine, you just get a honda when they come out and see how they feel about cutting you a good price then LOL.

Also I did first mat. around 500 miles and it cost me about $40 bucks! Not to shabby for a 1/2 hour of work.

Old March 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #31
gogoKawi
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Romney.
Wow. You must be WAYYYY on the other side of WV. I can only guess how fantastic the roads are on that end.

Quote:
I understand. Good luck with it!

Old March 4th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #32
wvninja
ninjette.org sage

I'm in the middle (if you take your finger and run it south from the northern panhandle and west from the eastern panhandle) where they meet is where i am.

Old March 17th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #33
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

There's some distance between us but if your interested...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...251#post267251

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 17th, 2011, 10:31 AM   #34
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I'll actually be in Raliegh, NC next Wed. if that would help.

Just a thought...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 20th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #35
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
I'll actually be in Raliegh, NC next Wed. if that would help.

Just a thought...
Unfortunately I can't afford to drive that far to buy a bike.

Update: I should be going to Annandale, VA to possibly purchase an 09 SE for $2400 later today. It has 3600 miles and only very minor cosmetic damage (2 small chips and a small scratch on the right front fairing below the mirror). My permit is one day shy of 9 months which means that tomorrow I can turn it in for a real license. If I get this bike today I can get the tags/title transfer for it at the same time and be riding very soon .

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:01 PM   #36
Live2ride

Well, today has turned out to be one really bad day. Turns out the seller for the 09 SE changed his mind and said I could call him this morning at 11:00 am to see if he had sold the bike or not; And if not, then I could go by and check it out and possibly buy it. I called 6 times and he never answered. I think he deliberately refused to answer because about 4 of the 6 calls I made only rang 2-3 times before the voice mail picked up, which wasn't set up anyway. So I was pissed about that and decided to go to dmv to get my motorcycle license since today it's been 9 months that I've held my permit. The woman at the dmv told me that she could not issue me a license without my msf course papers, etc. To which I responded, "When I came here to get my permit 9 months ago, I gave you copies of all the necessary documents from the course". She refused to take the time to look for them and told me to come back when I have the papers.... This day sucks, except the weather which is a gorgeous 75F and sunny with no motorcycle for me to ride.

Old March 21st, 2011, 01:30 PM   #37
shiroganeshinobi
ninjette.org guru

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250R SE

2009 SE ninja 250 right here, not mine.

And another, again not me

GL on your search.
shiroganeshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 27th, 2011, 02:01 PM   #38
Live2ride

I came across this craigslist ad while searching today:

Quote:
2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - $3700 FIRM

UP FOR SALE IS MY KAWSAKI NINJA 250 MOTOBIKE. IT GOTS ONLY 648 MILES ON IT. I'M DUN LERNING AND IM TRADING UP TO A HYABOOSA. SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK THAT IM ASKING A LOT OF MONEY FOR MY MOTORBIKE BUT THEY ARE WRONG. THEY HAVE NOT SEEN THE STICKERS IVE PUT ON THIS BIKE. THEY HAVE SKULLS AND FLAMES AND THE SKULLS HAVE SPIKES ON THEM TOO. THERE TRICK YO.I DROPPED THE BIKE ONCE BUT ITS OKAY CUZ THE STICKERS COVER IT UP. ON TOP OF THE STICKERS I HAVE INVESTED ALOT OF $$$ IN TAX AND TAG FEES, AND I'VE PUT SEVERAL TANKS OF GAS INTO IT, SO I WANT TO GET AT LEAST $3700 FOR IT. $3700 FIRM! I SAID FIRM SO THAT MEANS YOU CANT WASTE MY TIME WITH ANY LOWBALL OFFERS! LOL K PEACE.

Old March 27th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #39
pugs24
ninjette.org member

Name: Joey

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Yeah, that last post looks completely legit. I'd definitely hit him up, maybe he'll cut you a deal. I just moved from NoVa, great to see it hasn't changed. Good luck on the bike hunt.
pugs24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2011, 05:36 PM   #40
Live2ride

Bumpity Bump