Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Notices

Old October 16th, 2018, 05:32 PM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

FOOD - post up some great recipes

It could be traditional cooking, one pot meals, BBQ, or even InstaPot stuff.

Here is what I made tonight:

Easy Instant Pot Chili
https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/best...ant-pot-chili/

The only thing I changed was I added more cornstarch that suggested. 1.5 tbsp.

I also tossed some Frito's into the mix as well. Easily can feed two people for three meals. Total meal cost (not including spices) was $18.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 27th, 2019, 06:55 PM   #2
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Step 1: Buy ice cream
Step 2: Consume ice cream

(repeat as necessary)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old February 22nd, 2019, 12:49 AM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Alex won the thread.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 22nd, 2019, 08:52 PM   #4
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Cinnamon Toasted Crickets!

2-cup crickets
1/2 stick butter
1/4-cup sugar
1-tbsp vanilla extract
1-tsp cinnamon

Roast crickets in butter as before for 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle on sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir and mix well. Let cool and EAT!!!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:08 PM   #5
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Fiery Mango Salsa

4-6 large tomatoes, (3lbs), I prefer to use a variety
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 hot chilli pepper, or jalapeno or hanabero
1 bunch cilantro chopped (1.5 cups)
1 teaspoon lime juice or 1-slice (lemon would also work)
1-2 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoon sugar or molasses
1 ripe mango

Slice up tomatoes into medium cubes. Use a super-sharp knife so you get miminal amounts of juices bleeding out. Slice/dice mango. Dice up onion into small cubes, same with cilantro into small pieces. Finely mince garlic into fine pieces 1-2mm. I prefer to use sharp knife to mince to preserve garlic rather than using a crusher. That way the garlic flavor is released when you chew it. Same with hot pepper, cross-chop up into as tiny pieces as possible.

Combine all ingredient from largest to finest. Stir gently to avoid smashing them, especially the tomatoes. Serve with sprinkle of cilantro and mango on top as garnish

Old February 24th, 2019, 07:20 PM   #6
DannoXYZ

Mushroom, Coconut, and Cilantro Soup

2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
500 grams mixed fresh mushrooms , cleaned and chopped
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
3 tablespoons cilantro (wansoy), chopped and divided
4 cups veggie stock
1 cup coconut milk (gata)
1 lime (dayap), juiced
salt, to taste
cilantro sprigs, for garnish (optional)
chili oil, to serve (optional)

Heat oil in a medium stockpot over low heat. Sauté mushrooms until tender.
Add onions, celery, and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.

Add tomatoes and half of the cilantro; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add stock. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add coconut milk. Simmer on very low heat for 5 minutes until slightly thick. Add a little more stock or water if soup is too thick.

Before serving, stir in lime juice and remaining cilantro. Season to taste with salt.

Serve with chili oil and lime wedges on the side, if desired.

Old April 18th, 2019, 01:50 AM   #7
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

FAST, AMAZING cast iron skillet steak

You can probably use some other type of skillet as well, just make sure it is oven safe.

Thick steak. Doesn't have to be a filet or anything. As long as it's decently thick, you it's gonna come out top notch. Let it sit out about half an hour before you plan on cooking it.

Pat steak dry with a paper towel. Then season it how you'd like. Montreal Steak seasoning is good. So is just salt and pepper.

Turn heat on as high as you can under skillet. At the same time, allow the oven to preheat to 450°. Get an oil with a high flash point (to cut down on smoke. I use Olive oil still because I like it, but if you do make sure you have a window open).

Once the oil is hot enough to start shimmering (maybe 5 minutes), put your steak in. DO NOT TOUCH. Let it go for 2 minutes, then flip. Allow to cook on the other side for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and put on a pat of butter (yes, butter).

Put in over (skillet and all) for 2 more minutes. Remove from over, then cover in skillet. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Boom. Best steak ever. Cooks it to about medium rare. If you like your steak ruined, I mean cooked more through, just leave it on for more than 2 minutes. But remember the heat is really high, so it won't take long.
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old April 18th, 2019, 01:58 AM   #8
Tooch
ninjette.org member

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2015 zx10r, 2010 Ducati 848

[B]Baked asparagus/cauliflower/Brussel sprouts/B]

You can use any one of the 3 for this. There's only 1 small variation for the asparagus, and totally optional.

Preheat over to 425°. Line a baking sheet with foil. Sometimes I spray it with Pam, sometimes I don't.
Coat your veggie of choice in olive oil. Don't soak, just enough to coat. Sprinkle salt, pepper and minced garlic. For brussel sproutsi or cauliflow7, I use a large mixing bowl and toss them in the olive oil then seasoning. Asparagus, you'll just have to do it on the pan. I usually slice the brussel sprouts or cauliflower in half. If any of the leaves from the sprouts fall off, still throw them in. They get crispy and really tasty.

Bake in oven for 25 minutes. For the asparagus, with 20 minutes left sprinkle cheese (I like the hard sprinkle parmesan or romano), then bake for remaining 5 minutes.

This veggie goes good with the steak. One of my favorite din ers to cook, and amazingly quick and simple
Tooch is offline   Reply With Quote