ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:13 PM   #1
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

She's no good

I sold my FZ07. She was a great bike, but we never really connected. I will miss her slingshot-like drive out of the corners, and a few baby wheelies we popped up, but it was time to part ways and re-thing the whole game over.

In my few short years of riding, I owned street bikes, sport bikes, and race bikes. The bigger the bike, the more conservatively I rode her, the further away we stayed from any hint of a trouble. Talking about the dubious joys of riding a fast bike slow. It was safe & sound, but fun it was not. So it was high time to go back, to something small, simple and fun. And here she is.

This little redhead could be my undoing. She's got great looks, but she ain't a good bike. She doesn't have the quality of Yamaha, her clutch is snappy, and the chatty ride itself, quite frankly, is a far call from the smooth and refined ride of sportbikes triple the horsepower. But it gets worse...

Upon leaving the dealership, I stalled. The next few hundred yards were unexciting, and then strange things started happening. The bike started speaking to me: "Why sit in traffic, let's slice it up.." and on we went. "Let's take the shoulder, and now let's cut across the grassy median, over there..." she kept on whispering, and taunting on, one thing led to another, until it all went downhill. I will spare you the details... let's just say, the highlight of the maiden voyage was a short but exciting police chase... all ended well, as there was no real foul play at hand. I wish someone would've taken a pic of several police cruisers, lights flashing, around the cute orange bike, that is seemingly asking: "what, me? what wrong could I possibly do?"

In the past life, not once did a bike tell me: c'mon, let's have some fun, and do a couple of silly, lighthearted things. I enjoyed all the bikes, but there were bounds I felt should not be crossed. This duke is so small, so easy to ride, so simple, that she seems to know no bounds. So sweetly does she sing her siren song, so innocently does she whisper unholy things in your ear, that you stay blissfully unaware, all the while the little devil seduces you and carries your mind away, onto dark side of sanity.

Beware people, this bike is seriously no good.
Attached Images
File Type: png ktm.png (811.1 KB, 28 views)
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:19 PM   #2
Panda
not an actual panda

Name: dan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250, 2009 CBR600RR (Sold)

Congrats on the new bike! I was seriously considering one of these about a month ago. I'm jealous!
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:21 PM   #3
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Total micro-hooligan.

I approve.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 01:47 PM   #4
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
There's a reason they're called 'tards!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM   #5
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Congrats! Those things look like a total blast. Do you need to slap a hooligan sticker somewhere on that bad little machine?
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2016, 04:43 PM   #6
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Congrats! Those things look like a total blast. Do you need to slap a hooligan sticker somewhere on that bad little machine?
Yes, I am looking for an orange "Nukem" sticker 😀
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2016, 04:49 PM   #7
EternalNewb

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Nice! Now to just get you some obnoxious sparking knee sliders. Hahaha.
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2016, 05:51 PM   #8
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
I rode one at a demo... they are fun. I got lucky and our group was split so I had tons of room in front and behind me to play a little.

Congrats on a great bike.

Old July 25th, 2016, 08:01 PM   #9
CaliGrrl

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
::giggle:: This isn't quite where I thought this thread was going to go!

Hope you only get in the good kinds of trouble!
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote