ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Videos

Old August 10th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #41
koenigcitizen
Russian Ninja :)

Name: Andrei

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Triumph Street Triple R, 2009 Yamaha FZ6, 2010 Kawi 250r (sold)

This thread is actually getting me choked up....

Old August 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #42
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
“Be the change that you wish to see in the world. ” ― Mahatma Gandhi
One of my all time favorite quotes! I continue to pray for him. Night and Day.
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 11th, 2012, 04:32 AM   #43
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
This thread has a whole new meaning in light of what happened six days ago. I'm not saying that because I believe that the concerns expressed here apply to the incident (the person supposedly rear-ended him), but it is strangely upsetting to see these concerns expressed before the incident.

You are in my prayers, @EthioKnight.
I was having the same feeling after learning of Ethio's death this morning, CZRoe. The video here is probably relevant to the accident causing his death because he was not rear ended - a car ran a stop sign and crossed four lanes before he t-boned it. Very likely an avoidable accident, and this thread isn't the only one of Ethio's involving close calls/accidents with cars due to unanticipated moves of cars. Not the right time now to get too much into that. He was a great, funny guy who will be deeply missed. His posts often had me laughing, and I will remember him particularly for being very kind to new members.

For those reading this thread now interested in the how/why/what can I do to avoid accidents following Ethio's death, relevant reading includes discussion in these links:

Moving Camouflage
30MPH - The Magic Speed
Who is at fault for accidents?
The Cause and Effect of Motorcycle Accidents
Preparation as a Skill

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #44
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Oh man, this thread is.. um.. I have no words. It's just sad.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2012, 03:46 AM   #45
ai4px
ninjette.org sage

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 650r 2009 Vulcan 800 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Oh man, this thread is.. um.. I have no words. It's just sad.
One of the things that's killing me is seeing that he "got it"... that he understood that one mistake could lead to subsequent issues... it literally took me YEARS to grasp that concept and he was willing to show his lesson that others might learn from it. What a great man. Another thing that is killing me about this is that we all know after a close call (esp one where you are hard on yourself about it), we are super careful for the next few days. I know he was in that "careful awareness" stage after being so hard on himself for the video in this thread when his accident happened.

I wish I knew the woman who hit him realized what a fine young man he was. If I knew she understood or had remorse*, it would make me feel a little better. For now, all I can visualize is a person with a suspended license and no insurance being careless... having no regard for others.

*Not the remorse you show in court so the judge will be lenient, true life altering remorse.

Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM   #46
ryan.chin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
I'm not sure what you want to hear. You're riding like a fool. You're aiming for a mistake or two per year. Not 2 or 3 per minute.

I enjoy your posting style on the board, but you're not going to be a happy motorcyclist long-term unless the trajectory changes.