ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old April 21st, 2024, 03:43 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - World Supersport: Race Two Results From TT Circuit Assen

More, from a press release issued by Dorna: Dutch delight for van Straalen     In front of a home crowd Glenn van Straalen (Pata Yamaha Ten Kate Racing) proved […]

The post World Supersport: Race Two Results From TT Circuit Assen appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

WSS R2
WSS Points after R2

More, from a press release issued by Dorna:

Dutch delight for van Straalen

Glenn van Straalen (28). Photo courtesy MSVR.

In front of a home crowd Glenn van Straalen (Pata Yamaha Ten Kate Racing) proved to be the star of the Supersport field by claiming his first career victory. In difficult conditions the Supersport field started the 18 lap race as rain started to fall around the 4.555km circuit.

While some riders opted to pit immediately at the end of the first lap some waited to change to wet tyres. The majority of the field, including the eventual winner, pitted a lap later and van Straalen gradually made his way through the field before taking the lead with just over four laps remaining. By keeping a cool head van Straalen became the first home winner at the Dutch Round in the Supersport class since Michael van der Mark in 2014.

By finishing second Adrian Huertas (Aruba.it Racing WorldSSP Team) is now the Championship leader although just three points separate the top four in the standings. Niki Tuili (EAB Racing Team) finished third to claim his first podium of the season.

P1 | Glenn van Straalen | Pata Yamaha Ten Kate Racing

“It was difficult to know when to make your pitstop but the grip in the wet was really good. I had a really good rhythm on the rain tyre and I was making some really good lap times. The gap was getting smaller to the riders in front. At the end of the race, when I was leading, I saw what the gap was and it wasn’t easy! I had to stay focused on the race and take it corner by corner to get to the end. It’s really amazing to win here. It feels so good!”

The post World Supersport: Race Two Results From TT Circuit Assen appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.