ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ninjettes At Speed

Old March 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #161
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r, 2011 Zero S, 2009 KLR 650

Right now, just duct tape and zip ties for body work which I have, and a new right hand woodcraft clipon bar. Thats all I know for sure for now, getting more info.
Rexbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #162
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Name: kit

Motorcycle(s): big wheel

I'm sitll home too. I don't have another wc clip on bar though. Keep us posted on parts and injury status.
cynicalkit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #163
dino74
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: dino

Motorcycle(s): '09 250 Street, '09 250 Race, '13 300 Race

I'm all packed (including a WC bar), bailing work at 3:30
CVMA #55
dino74 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #164
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
I'm all packed (including a WC bar), bailing work at 3:30
Badass.

Update on Jon: he's in the hospital, everything's lookin good except they stole his clothes and there was an unusually large amount of astro-glide in his lower colon. Now he's naked and crying in a cold dark corner. Haven't heard if he'll be good enough to finish the weekend yet.

Old March 9th, 2012, 03:06 PM   #165
dino74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexbo View Post
an unusually large amount of astro-glide in his lower colon.
Maybe unusually large amount for the normal population but it the usual amount for J-Ho.
CVMA #55

Old March 9th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #166
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Ok looks like we got the clipon bar covered (thanks dean!) and I'm bringing fairing repair stuff.

Seems like he's getting out of the hospital and will be back on wheels tomorrow! WORD. can't wait to race

Old March 9th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #167
smokinsingle
L8APEX

Name: CRA#33 EXPERT

Motorcycle(s): 07 KTM 950SMR, 06 KTM 450SMR, 99 KTM 300MXC, 00 Derbi GPR 50, 09 Ninja 250 racebike, race with www.cra-mn.org!

Quote:
Badass.

Update on Jon: he's in the hospital, everything's lookin good except they stole his clothes and there was an unusually large amount of astro-glide in his lower colon. Now he's naked and crying in a cold dark corner. Haven't heard if he'll be good enough to finish the weekend yet.
Fukin high-larry-us!! Get back out there Nem! You guys are so lucky to be riding this weekend

Old March 11th, 2012, 06:17 AM   #168
Peanut_EOD
ninjette.org sage

Name: Peanut

Motorcycle(s): Green 2013 ZX-6R

I heard you guys had to tape flashlights to your bikes to race yesterday. It was a beautiful day at Barber Motorsports Park. One more day of riding then I'll have some new picks up.

Old March 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #169
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Name: Max

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 race bike, 2014 ZX-636r

Quote:
Badass.

this is the best thing I've ever read on Ninjette. Ever.

Hope you guys get some sunlight to work with today! Actually you should be racing about right now... That extra hour will help a lot!

Can't even put in words how impressed I am with Nemsis' quick recovery/repair/race attitude. Absolutely insane and awesome.
Trailerboy531 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #170
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Name: Tiffani

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Good god that was amazing. I'll do a race report tomorrow or something, but I would currently like to thank Steve and Jon for being the shameless 250 race whores that convinced me to try this whole racing thing out. I have no regrets.

(Also, thanks a ton Alex for the chain adjuster and Jeff for the extra fuel. I will return all of these things ASAP. You are both entirely too good to me <3)
Zombiphone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #171
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

Wow, did you just thanks Alex? Jesus you ARE really high from racing.

Old March 12th, 2012, 08:27 AM   #172
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Bartlow is listed as amateur is BS!!!!!!!! Also they pulled 07's and Nemesis with the 2:10!!! BASTARD!!!!!!!!!! That was definately fun. And now back to reality.....

Old March 12th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #173
dino74

The weekend was pretty good, mostly due to the cool people in our group! The racing organization had lots problems but I'm not going to bitch about them and instead I'll give hem to benefit of the doubt. Hopefully next month goes smoothly.

Racing is definitely a different mind set for me. I need to figure out get up to speed after waiting for 4 hours since the last practice. Even though, I had some bike troubles during the race, I happy with my 2:17 qual time.

Thanks NEM! for letting use your tire warmers. I'm gonna have buy a set. I don't *needed* them but it was more relaxing for me know the tires were already warmed up.
CVMA #55

Old March 12th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #174
intortus

Name: Logan

Motorcycle(s): feellikeapro.com

Yeah, the downtime really affected me too (or at least that's my excuse for running off three times in the two Formula GP races :P). Despite that I had a great time. Too bad San Francisco is so far away.

Here's a quick and dirty video of our twilight race. To simulate the riding experience, just put on some sunglasses and lower your screen brightness all the way.

Link to original page on YouTube.

intortus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 12th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #175
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

What a great weekend! Seeing how it is on race day only amped up my desire to race even more! I didnt get a chance to chat with the racers that came in in Saturday as I wanted to stay as much out of the way as I could, but all of you guys looked amazing out there!

Jon to say you impressed us is an understatement! Watching you get knocked out on Friday only to return fix your bike and race all weekend was beyond amazing.

Tiff don't worry about the gas can, just fill it and bring it in the 20th! It was damn good to see you run your first race and am honored I was able to help you out in any way shape or form.

I wish I could have stayed to watch the epic Sunday race as all I got to see was the late night race but even then you guys were so damn fast! I don't even think I could have made a 3:30 lap with how dark it was and you guys were still flying. I have a lot to do to get even remotely competitive but I will be out there racing with you guys before the end of the season!
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #176
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Name: Nemesis

Motorcycle(s): All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalkit View Post
Bartlow is listed as amateur is BS!!!!!!!! Also they pulled 07's and Nemesis with the 2:10!!! BASTARD!!!!!!!!!! That was definately fun. And now back to reality.....
Yeah, I just saw that this morning. What BS!!!! Sand bagger!

Nemesis pulled a 2:10? And he was at 70%...imagine what he could do at 90%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino74 View Post
The weekend was pretty good, mostly due to the cool people in our group! The racing organization had lots problems but I'm not going to bitch about them and instead I'll give hem to benefit of the doubt. Hopefully next month goes smoothly.

Racing is definitely a different mind set for me. I need to figure out get up to speed after waiting for 4 hours since the last practice. Even though, I had some bike troubles during the race, I happy with my 2:17 qual time.

Thanks NEM! for letting use your tire warmers. I'm gonna have buy a set. I don't *needed* them but it was more relaxing for me know the tires were already warmed up.
Glad you had fun. Let me do the bitching for you...wait already done!

All in all, it was a blast hanging out with all you 250 racers. Thank you to ALL who came out. Seriously, hearing you guys laugh, smile, and talk about poaching and what not really brought a smile to my face Sunday. Witnessing the joy was more rewarding than where I placed or what times I accomplished.

Another shout out I want to give is Brian and his Feel Like A Pro crew. They were SO helpful. After my crash Thursday (ended up in the hospital with a concussion) they were more than willing to help me get my bike up and running by offering their service, time, and parts. Brian...oh shiet...I owe you for the bar grip. Thank you so much.

Also, our very own Rexbo for picking up my spare gear, Alex.S for offering his clip-on, Tiffani for holding onto my mouthguard, and the rest of the 250 members from this board (you know who you are) for attending to my needs and being there for me. I really appreciate it and am really thankful to God for you guys.

Thank you so much! Let's do it again...minus the crashing.

Hope to see y'all racers next month.

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #177
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

I wouldnt worry bout bartlow being listed as amateur... he's not comin to any other rounds

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:25 PM   #178
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r (Racebike), 2015 FZ-07(Tourer), 2001 KX65(LOL bike)

Quote:
I wouldnt worry bout bartlow being listed as amateur... he's not comin to any other rounds
Awww, why not? Too far, or just too much of a cluster**** this weekend? Even if I couldn't compete with them, I still liked seeing so many people on the grid.

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:28 PM   #179
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiphone View Post
Awww, why not? Too far, or just too much of a cluster**** this weekend? Even if I couldn't compete with them, I still liked seeing so many people on the grid.
He lives north of San Fran!

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #180
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Oh. Well, if that's all that's wrong just tell him to quit being a bitch and suck it up

Old March 13th, 2012, 05:31 PM   #181
copperaxe
Deviant Gentleman

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): two wheeled motorcycles

How many 250 Ninjas on the grid this weekend?? How many were amateurs?

I'm really itching to race again, with any luck, (if I sell another motorcycle) I will be at the next round with an SV650. Maybe I can borrow a 250 in the future and mix it up with the Ninjettes later in the year.

My EX250 will most likely be at the CVMA race next month with a 14 y/o schooling some people, the kid just graduated to full size bikes and tracks, so please welcome him even though he will be on an old gen.
copperaxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #182
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

There were 12 people on Sunday, and I think.... 13 on saturday? I think it was around half and half experts to amateur status, technically

Oh and epic picture is epic:

http://www.caliphotography.com/photo...#image=1813100

Old March 13th, 2012, 06:01 PM   #183
NinjaBoyEddy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Eduardo

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250r special edition

sorry but what is this? im a new rider
NinjaBoyEddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 13th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #184
Trailerboy531
Gear crash test dummy

It's the thread for Ninja 250 racers at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in So. Cal.

Old March 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM   #185
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Oh. Well, if that's all that's wrong just tell him to quit being a bitch and suck it up
I guess we'll see you at Thunderhill in May then?
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #186
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazMan View Post
I guess we'll see you at Thunderhill in May then?
Errr... well.... I mean... awkward.

When you put it that way, I guess the real question is- How many races do I need under my belt before I can qualify for AFM reciprocity and how many of you guys are slow enough for me to chase

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:35 AM   #187
intortus

Quote:
Errr... well.... I mean... awkward.

When you put it that way, I guess the real question is- How many races do I need under my belt before I can qualify for AFM reciprocity and how many of you guys are slow enough for me to chase
If CVMA is considered an "approved" club by AFM, then your novice license is fine for reciprocity. I don't know the list of approved clubs, though, but I suspect all that matters is that you've passed some sort of new racer school.

Thunderhill and Chuckwalla lap times are pretty similar. I'd guesstimate there'd be at least a dozen riders running under 2:20, but only a couple of those will be novices, probably. New racers typically run 2:25, 2:30, or even more.

In any case, it's a fun track on a 250, with at least two corners where you can learn how to pin it in 6th gear, two long straights for drafting battles, a nice technical section, and some fun elevation changes. And there will be three trophies up for grabs for the novices in each race. :P

Old March 15th, 2012, 11:57 AM   #188
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

When I originally typed that response I was a little more than half kidding. Now I'm totally serious- That actually sounds awesome D: Especially if you guys have a decent sized grid. If finances allow and CVMA IS an approved club, then I think I might just actually see you in May. Even if just so I can continue to scoff at long drives

I [probably] won't even bitch [that much] about the 450 miles

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM   #189
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

TBH... sears point is better

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #190
intortus

Quote:
When I originally typed that response I was a little more than half kidding. Now I'm totally serious- That actually sounds awesome D: Especially if you guys have a decent sized grid. If finances allow and CVMA IS an approved club, then I think I might just actually see you in May. Even if just so I can continue to scoff at long drives

Get psyched! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tLz3Uh1SE8#t=124s

There will definitely be a decent-sized grid. There were 25 riders pre-entered for Buttonwillow (only six novices), I'd expect even more for May. And of course any socal riders we can talk into making the drive will just make it even better.

Old March 15th, 2012, 12:52 PM   #191
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Quote:

Let me know if you go. Would consider it since we both dont know the track and run very close with each other.

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:08 PM   #192
Zombiphone
CVMA/AFM #72

Hell yeah! that'd be doubly awesome! I'll hit you up once I know if I can commit

Alright people, let's invade The North!

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #193
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

Um didn't BW get cancelled this weekend or are you guys talking about another month?

Old March 15th, 2012, 01:47 PM   #194
intortus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
Um didn't BW get cancelled this weekend or are you guys talking about another month?
Yep, the new AFM season opener, Thunderhill on May 12-13.

Also, WERA in Las Vegas is coming up! Last time we had nine 250s on the grid.

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:20 PM   #195
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Did any of you guys get a credit for race 1? I was still charged $150 and I don't see where the credit would be on CVMA.

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM   #196
Rexbo
CVMA / AFM / M1GP #250

it'll go back on your card if you registered online... they're prb dealing with a bunch of stuff right now. Hit them up next week if you don't see a credit

Old March 15th, 2012, 06:27 PM   #197
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

K just checking.

Old March 21st, 2012, 07:37 AM   #198
Nemesis
CVMA #74 WSMC #750

I just emailed Renee and she responded back the same day and said I'll get a carryover towards next month's race. Woohoo!!

Old March 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM   #199
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Whomever figures it out first let me know. Just sign up for race 1 and they will automatically know about race 2? kthnxbye.

Old March 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM   #200
cynicalkit
la pussy gata

Nevermind. I just read other thread. Duh.....