ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old December 21st, 2008, 02:02 PM   #1
kkim

2008- What a Crappy Year !??

This is inspired from a thread on another forum.

I'm sure 2008 has been a year of turmoil and strife for many of us here on the forum... the economy, job losses, family crisis... all intense stories that would have us crying in our beer all day long, if given the chance. But this is exactly what this thread is not going to be about.

I would like for each of you to share the greatest/best/most/outstanding (whatever) life turning moment that has happened to you this year. Instead of focusing on negatives and letting it become a part of us, let's look at the positives and what it will mean to us in the future.

So, the question is, what one thing was the highlight of your year that will make 2008 stand out for you in the years to come?

For me, the first thing I was going to say was getting my 2008 250R and the changes it has brought to my life since, but then I thought more deeply on the subject.

I would have to say it has been that in 2008, my long time girlfriend finally moved over to Kauai after us enduring a 10 year long distance relationship between islands. Now that she is here, we have been working towards living in a single household without killing one another. I'm doing all I can to make a future and a good home for this woman and I hope by this time next year, I'll be able to say that 2009 was the year that we got married.

Hope for a better tomorrow, my friends, is what keeps us moving from day to day. I have always said that I live and dream of things that I want to happen and my existence today is just a way for me to get from here to there. Dreams are what makes life so worth living. Attaining them makes life oh so sweet.

But enough about me... what's your story from 2008?
kkim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 02:49 PM   #2
HKr1
IC2(SW)

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post

So, the question is, what one thing was the highlight of your year that will make 2008 stand out for you in the years to come?
Right now all I can think about for 08 is: Getting my Gallbladder removed! Two months of hell............ Now I feel great
HKr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 02:55 PM   #3
CRXTrek
FORMER MOTORCYCLE RIDER

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Rode an 08 250r then rode an 08 ZX-6R until i totaled it on 7/10/10

Thanks to my nephews interest in motorcycles this year. I got one . After not riding for some twenty years ,i bought the 250 incase of crashing after not riding for so long . But all the skills i had weren't lost. It seems like i never stopped riding. I have a deposit down to get a Black 09 ZX-6r as soon as my name gets up the list. But for the money i don't believe you can beat the 250.
My nephew wants it.....but i may keep it also.

It's been alot of Fun on these forums this summer. Makes me wish i didn't wait so long to get another bike. I lived in Smalltown . Missouri as a kid ,rode a KZ400 a few years . Then i moved to Virginia Beach , Virginia and lost interest in riding , to much traffic. Now i've moved back to another Smalltown ,Missouri

And i'm enjoying riding again
CRXTrek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:22 PM   #4
247Blackout
*vroom vroom*

Name: Jnet

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
Hope for a better tomorrow, my friends, is what keeps us moving from day to day. I have always said that I live and dream of things that I want to happen and my existence today is just a way for me to get from here to there. Dreams are what makes life so worth living. Attaining them makes life oh so sweet.

Thanks Kelly for such uplifting words. I think the best thing that happened for me this year is that I graduated college and moved back home. It's a huge accomplishment for me and makes me extremely thankful for my family who have been supportive every step of the way.
247Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM   #5
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247Blackout View Post
I think the best thing that happened for me this year is that I graduated college and moved back home. It's a huge accomplishment for me and makes me extremely thankful for my family who have been supportive every step of the way.
That, girl, is a HUGE step in what I like to call pivotal points in ones life.

Congratulations!!

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:29 PM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
That, m'am, is a HUGE step in what I like to call pivotal points in ones life.
Fixed. Congrats Jeannette!

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:31 PM   #7
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:40 PM   #8
Cochese
The Grand Royal

Name: Cochese

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Married my dreamgirl.

Win.

I also moved to a way better police department, paid off all of my debt and brought my credit score to 742, bought a Ninja, got a cool truck and joined ninjette.org!
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:44 PM   #9
kkim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Married my dreamgirl.

Win.

Congrats!!

...on all of them. (even the stuff in small print)

Old December 21st, 2008, 07:58 PM   #10
247Blackout
*vroom vroom*

Name: Jnet

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Ninja 250

Quote:
That, girl, is a HUGE step in what I like to call pivotal points in ones life.

Congratulations!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese View Post
Married my dreamgirl.

Win.
Congrats!
247Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 04:32 PM   #11
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

2008 is four years cancer free, getting my UCI Comp License for Bicycle Racing, getting my Ninja in June, not having my wife divorce me--does not like anything on two wheels. Could have been worse--I could have bought a Hardly Abelson and gotten tatoos and the strange costumes--oh well...
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:37 PM   #12
noche_caliente
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kim

Motorcycle(s): '08 250

Quote:

I hope by this time next year, I'll be able to say that 2009 was the year that we got married.

That is GREAT news

There's been lots for me this year - getting the bike, crashing the bike, getting the bike back together and back on.... Graduating with my second Master's, seeing my hubby get to where he is in his degree.... only 2 classes left.... and meeting all of you!!
noche_caliente is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 01:21 AM   #13
NJD022588
============

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

I feel like I'll remember this year for a few things, not only one. I landed a great summer internship (my first step to what I want to do for the rest of my life), which gave me enough money to buy my Ninja. I had never planned on getting a bike until about June, then it hit me and I had to have it. I will never forget the year my motorcycle joined my life. To top it all off, I just survived a nearly impossible semester (19 credits) in my plan to graduate in 4 years.
NJD022588 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 02:41 AM   #14
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

I got nothing This year was the worst. On the upshot I finally decided to 'change up' my life and quit my job of 6 years. It was one of those gigs that years kept flying by, I wasn't going anywhere with it, and HATED it.

... So I guess that's a perk
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM   #15
NICUNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Trista

Motorcycle(s): '08 EX650R Green Kawasaki ninja

Cruised in the Caribbean with my hubby, left the children in Florida with the grandparents. Saw my last little one go off to school full time, freedom...
Got my first bike for Christmas ... 2009 is going to be fun!
NICUNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old December 23rd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #16
aloh
lolwut

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I graduated from high school, started college and am loving every bit of it. I bought my ninja in October and its been nothing but fun.

Old December 25th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #17
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

I survived living in Maryland for a year... Somehow