Old June 14th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #121
urbaninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Santana

Motorcycle(s): 2010 kawasaki 250r, 2009 Yamaha FZ6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiekay View Post
ETA at BM top ?
I'll be messin' about up around 301 but i'd like to meet you guys. The guy from Harrison.....wanna go north with me ? Urban....come up early with me and I promise you'll have pix to remember.
May have to take the FZ unless exhaust hanger bolts show up tomorrow
ok sounds like a plan Ill see if i get some more people on board to ride early
urbaninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #122
nycsteve
Biker

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbaninja View Post
ok sounds like a plan Ill see if i get some more people on board to ride early
Eddie/urban: I'm down for the early meetup time. You guys are coming from the east so ya'll can maybe pick me up/meet me somewhere before leaving the city. Let me know what route will be taken so that we can choose a meetup point.

Fizzer/eddie/BlackNinja8, can one of you start a new thread in the group rides section and post a link in this thread?
nycsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2012, 08:48 PM   #123
urbaninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Santana

Motorcycle(s): 2010 kawasaki 250r, 2009 Yamaha FZ6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
Eddie/urban: I'm down for the early meetup time. You guys are coming from the east so ya'll can maybe pick me up/meet me somewhere before leaving the city. Let me know what route will be taken so that we can choose a meetup point.

Fizzer/eddie/BlackNinja8, can one of you start a new thread in the group rides section and post a link in this thread?
Im in queens we can meetup on woodhaven and myrtle if that's good with up Steve maybe the north bound gas station on that corner
urbaninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #124
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
That's beyond my technical capabilities. Someone else will have to start a new thread but it sounds like we are making some progress here.

Let's meet up at the El Dorado Diner and depart @ 9am. Its at 460 South Broadway in Tarrytown. It's right near the entrance ramp to 287 and it's the last exit before the bridge. Does that work for everyone?

@eddiekay - Assuming we all meet there our ETA at top of Bear Mtn would be around 9:45. Once we reach Bear Mtn I will probably head back south but I may be able to join you for a ride around the 301 area.

I just sold my ninja so I'll be on the SV.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #125
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

quickest way to twsities is taconic, From Bklyn and qnz....thats a little bit of PITA. If it makes it easier for everybody.....maybe Palisades interstate to BM and then...I got some ninjette roads tucked in kinda SW of the mtn. Very short, fast, twisty loops and stuff where a busa is no faster than you....or if you want we can cross the BM bridge....got a hard packed mountain pass that leads to 9 that leads up to 301. I'd leave it to the crew...meet up. I can meet y'all at that gas station north of GWB on Pal Inter. If you want to get a good day we should meet on Pal Inter not later than 10.
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 14th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #126
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Quote:
quickest way to twsities is taconic, From Bklyn and qnz....thats a little bit of PITA. If it makes it easier for everybody.....maybe Palisades interstate to BM and then...I got some ninjette roads tucked in kinda SW of the mtn. Very short, fast, twisty loops and stuff where a busa is no faster than you....or if you want we can cross the BM bridge....got a hard packed mountain pass that leads to 9 that leads up to 301. I'd leave it to the crew...meet up. I can meet y'all at that gas station north of GWB on Pal Inter. If you want to get a good day we should meet on Pal Inter not later than 10.
That sounds like a fun ride. I'll let you quarterback this one. Know of an exit on/off palisades further north? One of the 1st exits north of I287 would be perfect for me. I'm coming from White Plains so no use travelling south to your meetup spot.

Old June 14th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #127
eddiekay

Steve...just read your post re tarrytown.....what would intend from there....9 north ?
For the brooklyn quenz boys there's no easy way: RFK /Triboro north to thruway.
Now...all of us can pretty directly reach 287. I'll reach it east...at the taconic, the city guys and you....more west at tarrytown.
Up to you but,,,,from tarrytown...no quick way to BM or 301...or am i wrong ? I rode 9 for years and even on a sat morning...there's traffic in the villages. Is it worth your time....all 3 of you...to either follow 287 east to taconic ( steve) and for the city boys...take cross county parkway a few miles east to pick up....whats it called there...sprain, bronx river pkwy, taconic...i dunno but it turns into taconic,
You 3 plan the meetup and time and i'll be there.

Old June 14th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #128
eddiekay

Just read steve's second post......
OK
City boys and me....can we meet at the gas station on the pal interstate just north of GWB at 9:00 or 9:30 ?
( as soon as you get off gwb...no matter what level-exit....the first gas station on the east side of the north bound pal inter lane is where we meet)
We'll head north and Steve will wait for us at intersection of pal Inter and 287or maybe just north of that ( Steve...you decide, be specific)
Is that reasonable ?

Old June 15th, 2012, 02:41 AM   #129
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Name: paul

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 se

Quote:
ETA at BM top ?
I'll be messin' about up around 301 but i'd like to meet you guys. The guy from Harrison.....wanna go north with me ? Urban....come up early with me and I promise you'll have pix to remember.
May have to take the FZ unless exhaust hanger bolts show up tomorrow
yea well meet wherever then well go
fizzer914 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:08 AM   #130
eddiekay

bEEN LOOKING AT THE MAP AND
For bklyn qunz crew....if you're meeting in Wodhaven...maybe meet at Belt and Crossbay head east and take 678 up over whitestone....more miles maybe but much faster than BQE over triboro....then 95 north a mile or 2. Where 95 crosses Hutch Pkwy....take 678- Hutch north this is fast. As for hooking up with me...... I could wait at side of road immediately north of Hitch-Pelham interesction. I'd lead you guys up to 287 on sprain- taconic where ...paul????....from harrison could very easily meet us.
Paul....figuring you'll come west on 287.... you can get onto taconic north and ( cant recall the name but) we can meet immediatley north of that. Whatever the first exit is ????? Might be 100.....wwe'd stop or you'd stop immiediatly aftyer the interesct of 100 and TSP ?
That puts all 4 of us on Taconic and you can decide whither to get off and go to BM or go a few miles further to 301 and then south back to BM.

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:17 AM   #131
nycsteve
Biker

Take a look at this thread here: Link.

Eddie: you will be taking point on this ride. Please just grab the text on the thread I started and edit it and repost on that same thread. I vote for 301.

Quote:
For bklyn qunz crew....if you're meeting in Wodhaven...maybe meet at Belt and Crossbay head east and take 678 up over whitestone....more miles maybe but much faster than BQE over triboro....then 95 north a mile or 2. Where 95 crosses Hutch Pkwy....take 678- Hutch north this is fast. As for hooking up with me...... I could wait at side of road immediately north of Hitch-Pelham interesction. I'd lead you guys up to 287 on sprain- taconic where ...paul????....from harrison could very easily meet us.
Paul....figuring you'll come west on 287.... you can get onto taconic north and ( cant recall the name but) we can meet immediatley north of that. Whatever the first exit is ????? Might be 100.....wwe'd stop or you'd stop immiediatly aftyer the interesct of 100 and TSP ?
That puts all 4 of us on Taconic and you can decide whither to get off and go to BM or go a few miles further to 301 and then south back to BM.

Old June 15th, 2012, 07:28 AM   #132
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I live just off of 287 by exit 6 so if you guys do that I'll join you on 287. I'll wait for the final verdict from the group.

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #133
eddiekay

At the request of steve ( and if it's OK with you city boys) I will be kinda taking over this .
In the interest of taking the crew on roads that fit the ninjettes capabilities I'd like to take y'all up to Carmel/ 301 area.
You'll ride...at least...lower NY's most popular sport bike destionation and if willing....euro style back roads where our bikes can match a 600 or bigger. This is no BS....I'm old....have no life,,,cant see or hear so I spend my time searching these suckers out.
I'm posting this on the original thread as well as on the new one so I hope anyone who planned on going gets it. Rather than figuring out routes for you all, I'll leave it to you to make the meet-up point at the time I ask. We'll wait 15 minutes, no longer. I estimate it to be a 6-7 hour ride for you guys in Qnz and Bklyn...Paul...much less...me...I dont care.
For the Bklyn-Qnz guys : you 2 guys hook up wherever.
TAKE 678 TO WHITESTONE.
I'd ask that you guys be here by 9:00
I will wait for you at the south side of the whitestone...I'll be on right as you come up 678 and approach the bridge in the right lanes...do not stop, slow down and wave or something...I'll be looking for you...you be looking for me and i'll catch up to you on briDge. tHEN i'LL TAKE YOU TO 287.
fOR pAUL OR ANY NORTH GUYS:
I'd estimate that we will be here by 9:30 - 9;45.
Take 287 westt bound to Taconic....north....follow entrance ramp onto taconic and wait where entrance ramp intersects taconic...on the grass.
Look for us...if we arrive first...we will wait there 15 minutes.

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #134
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
At the request of steve ( and if it's OK with you city boys) I will be kinda taking over this .
In the interest of taking the crew on roads that fit the ninjettes capabilities I'd like to take y'all up to Carmel/ 301 area.
You'll ride...at least...lower NY's most popular sport bike destionation and if willing....euro style back roads where our bikes can match a 600 or bigger. This is no BS....I'm old....have no life,,,cant see or hear so I spend my time searching these suckers out.
I'm posting this on the original thread as well as on the new one so I hope anyone who planned on going gets it. Rather than figuring out routes for you all, I'll leave it to you to make the meet-up point at the time I ask. We'll wait 15 minutes, no longer. I estimate it to be a 6-7 hour ride for you guys in Qnz and Bklyn...Paul...much less...me...I dont care.
For the Bklyn-Qnz guys : you 2 guys hook up wherever.
TAKE 678 TO WHITESTONE.
I'd ask that you guys be here by 9:00
I will wait for you at the south side of the whitestone...I'll be on right as you come up 678 and approach the bridge in the right lanes...do not stop, slow down and wave or something...I'll be looking for you...you be looking for me and i'll catch up to you on briDge. tHEN i'LL TAKE YOU TO 287.
fOR pAUL OR ANY NORTH GUYS:
I'd estimate that we will be here by 9:30 - 9;45.
Take 287 westt bound to Taconic....north....follow entrance ramp onto taconic and wait where entrance ramp intersects taconic...on the grass.
Look for us...if we arrive first...we will wait there 15 minutes.
Jersey Guys: Can y'all meet us by the Taconic meet up point? Maybe you guys can get together in jersey before meeting us there?

Old June 15th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #135
eddiekay

If there are any guys coming from the west....taking 287 EAST, from NJ....
I dont know how 287 connects to taconic from the eastbound lanes so our meetup point may not be avail to you.
If you're coming from NJ.....let us know and i would suggest...for you...not knowing exactly how 287east intersects TSP....that you meet us at the first exit north of wherever you get on. I dont know what the exit is but....you know what time we'll be at TSP and 287....get north of us a little early

Old June 15th, 2012, 09:24 AM   #136
nycsteve
Biker

Everyone please look at this thread here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106516. I will no longer look or post on this current one.

Quote:
UPDATED:This will be an early morning Saturday ride to Bear Mountain. All skill levels are welcome, we will NOT leave anyone behind nor try to push them to uncomfortable places. Please note that we hope to be back in the city/home no later than 3pm. @eddiekay will be taking point.

MeetUp Point(s):
  1. TAKE 678 TO WHITESTONE. I'd ask that you guys be here by 9:00
    I will wait for you at the south side of the whitestone...I'll be on right as you come up 678 and approach the bridge in the right lanes...do not stop, slow down and wave or something...I'll be looking for you...you be looking for me and i'll catch up to you on briDge. tHEN i'LL TAKE YOU TO 287. YOU MUST LET US KNOW BEFORE HAND THAT YOU ARE GOING TO MEET US THERE.
  2. BP Gas Station: 905 North Broadway, White Plain, NY 10603
  3. Taconic State Parkway meets 301 @10:30 am.

Time:
  1. White Stone Bridge: 9
  2. BP Gas Station: Kick Stand Up 9:45
  3. Taconic State Parkway meets 301 @10:30 am. We hope to leave here no later than 10:45.

UPDATED: Please add yourself to the list with your real name(optional) and skill level:
0. eddikay, eddie, OLD MAN!
1. nycsteve - Steve, Beginner
2. BlackNinja8 - Naeem, Beginner

As Always: Any and all suggestions are welcome, we try to accommodate everyone!

Old June 15th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #137
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNinja21 View Post
I'm down to meet up this Saturday but gotta break out early cuz of Father's Day dinner. But, nevertheless, I'd love to meet some of you guys.

If you guys wanna meet up for a cruise around town, not going too far, I'm there.

If anybody into cigars, pm me. Maybe we can arrange something, ride and smoke (not at the same time of course).
Dude, totally forgot about you!

Do you want to meet us at the BP Gas station point to say hello?

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #138
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): VFR/250r/Gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNinja8 View Post
I love the SV so far. It is very torquey and the power is all useable. Best of all improvements over the ninjette has been the highway riding. I can cruise at 75-80 at low rpms with little to no buffeting from the wind. Almost feels as smooth and stable as driving my car at that speed. With little effort, I'm at 60 in 3rd at the top of the on ramp, and seconds later I'm at 75-80 in the left lane in 4th or 5th. I've tested higher speeds and the bike will easily accelerate from 80 to 110 in 5th and acceleration slows but continues steadily to 120+ where it starts to feel uncomfortable to me. Off the interstate I can use the bike for its intended purpose without obsenely exceeding speed limits. Since this bike is about low range torque over high rpms, I pull away easily from the lights and accelerate safely through and past traffic without the feeling that I am racing like I feel on the ninjette.

TORQUE FOR DAYS!!! Bike pulls hard even at 3k rpms. If I apply a generous amount of throttle in 2nd-4th gear I'm hanging on tight to the bars. Downside though is it does fall on its face at high rpms. I think the redline is 12k and it losses steam around 10. I've hit the limiter several times already and never hit it on my ninja. So whereas my ninjette is good at 6k, great at 8k, strong at 10k, and has a little left at 11k, the SV is a beast 4k-8k, losing steam by 10k and dead at 12k. It kind of feels like a cruiser in a sportbike body in that regard. In terms of handling it feels very similar to the ninja and requires no concious effort to corner. I'm a better rider on the SV because of the riding position so my cornering has actually improved. I feel like i'm sitting on top of my ninjette whereas on the SV the higher tank and forward pitch makes me feel like I'm more a part of the bike than just a passenger. Overall, this is a very easy bike to ride and a seemless transition from the ninjette.
This review is spot on. I test rode a 2007 sv-s last week.
Snafu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:09 PM   #139
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Andy, you from NYC Sport Bike Riders or the Jersey group?
I'm actually on both but I don't get to ride with them too often. I guess my profile pic gave it away lolol

Old June 15th, 2012, 04:23 PM   #140
nycsteve
Biker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu View Post
I'm actually on both but I don't get to ride with them too often. I guess my profile pic gave it away lolol
Yea it did. I ride with them often now. Hope to catch you on one of those rides!

Old June 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #141
kraazy
We need 1.21Gigawatts now

Name: KrAaZy

Motorcycle(s): 1Badazz2fiddy,ZRV 500

whats up guys. ill keep this short as im not feeling to good at the moment i guess do to me going down today. just want to say a BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE GUYS FOR STICKING WITH ME TILL THE END! edddiekay...1 word...kickass ! great ride today.i hope i didnt ruin anyones day today. luv to meet up again. for those who dont know. these group of guys are great to ride with! TRUE RIDERS!

IMG_4535.jpg IMG_4536.jpg IMG_4537.jpg IMG_4527.jpg
kraazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #142
kraazy

once i fix my wreck. i will continue to ride.....see ya guys soon.

Old June 16th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #143
eddiekay

Just get the forks fixed asap...and a new twig for the left handlebar.

Old June 17th, 2012, 04:35 AM   #144
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Yea it did. I ride with them often now. Hope to catch you on one of those rides!
Cool, I'll catch up with you for a ride either here or there soon.

Of the guys who got awards for the face shield, where did that happen?

On this accident, what/ how did it happen? I'm only asking because everybody is always learning no matter how many years you have been riding. Reflecting on this, what would you have done differently to have prevented this?

Was there injuries to the rider? What kind of gear were they wearing? How did the gear hold up in the crash?

Old June 17th, 2012, 04:54 AM   #145
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Kraazy, heal up soon!

On a side note, my g/f just got into her first real accident after 15 yrs of riding. The guy was in the right lane and decided to make a left turn from there while she was in the left lane. She got cut off and got tossed from the bike. Luckily no broken bones, just some bruising.

Her Dainese textile jacket is done. It rashed through the outer layer but inner layer stayed intact. No road rash for her. She says leathers for next time. She said her mistake was being in the blind spot at the time.

Normally she rides more agressively and would have been ahead of the guy but was taking a leisurely ride. Oh well. Live and learn.

Be always on alert guys and remember that most accidents happen at a intersection.

Old June 17th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #146
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Just get the forks fixed asap...and a new twig for the left handlebar.
priceless

Old June 17th, 2012, 05:36 AM   #147
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraazy View Post
once i fix my wreck. i will continue to ride.....see ya guys soon.
i got you

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #148
kraazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snafu View Post
Cool, I'll catch up with you for a ride either here or there soon.

Of the guys who got awards for the face shield, where did that happen?

On this accident, what/ how did it happen? I'm only asking because everybody is always learning no matter how many years you have been riding. Reflecting on this, what would you have done differently to have prevented this?

Was there injuries to the rider? What kind of gear were they wearing? How did the gear hold up in the crash?
ON TURN,TOOK turn to wide AND LATE LEAN.AND ROAD SIDE GRAVEL DOESNT HELP. bike into drainage pipe and got launched on some boulders
thank god....weird .really ! it happened in front of a church...(church in background),NO INJURIES SCRATCH AND BUMP ON KNEE
GEAR:armored mesh jacket not one tear on jacket just grass skid stains saved my arms.
oh. and smacked my head on boulder or ground on impact cant rememberr.
THANK YOU TO THE ALMIGHTY HELMET GODS!!!! i have converted religions. it is now HELMETISM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg turn.jpg (175.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg drainage pipe.jpg (289.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4540.jpg (141.6 KB, 5 views)

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #149
kraazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzer914 View Post
priceless

okay...okay....stop plugging the eddiekay emergency handlebar kits on this forum GUY!!
lol, thanks once again for the help,MUCHAS GRACIAS.

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #150
eddiekay

Krazzz...EDIT THAT ANSWER.....
a CREW HAS TO STICK TOGTETHER AND I GOT 6 OTHER HONEST AND UPSTANDING MEN WHO WILL TESTIFY UNDER OATH THAT YOU DID NOTHING IMPROPER...THE EARTH SIMPPLY OPENED UP AND SWALLOWED YOU AND THE BIKE AND DIDNT LIKE THE WAY YOU TASTED AND SPIT YOU OUT ONTO SOME ROCKS. tHATS' MY STORY AND i/M STICKIN WITH IT.

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #151
kraazy

Quote:
a CREW HAS TO STICK TOGTETHER AND I GOT 6 OTHER HONEST AND UPSTANDING MEN WHO WILL TESTIFY UNDER OATH THAT YOU DID NOTHING IMPROPER...THE EARTH SIMPPLY OPENED UP AND SWALLOWED YOU AND THE BIKE AND DIDNT LIKE THE WAY YOU TASTED AND SPIT YOU OUT ONTO SOME ROCKS. tHATS' MY STORY AND i/M STICKIN WITH IT.
that is awesome,luv it!! u know..u hit the nail on the head, i was trying to explain in laymens terms but could not think how to word it!!!!anyway guys that is the way it happened as eddiekay explained......i swear

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM   #152
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
what he said
im NEEDING to SEE those vidoes gotta see how dumb i look rideing

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:45 AM   #153
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

and respect is due to the ol man who mcguivered the bike and then rode it through the front lines my hats off to U sir

Old June 17th, 2012, 10:52 AM   #154
eddiekay

What happens In Putnam County stays in Putnam County. BTW...next time out I will bring a cinder block so Fizz....y'know, helps you keep at least one wheel on the ground.

Old June 17th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #155
Rollin..
ninjette.org member

Name: Ron

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

great ride yesterday folks..thanks..those were some awesome twisties eddie..

krazy.. just be thankful you are ok...and with your twins today on father's day..

"ninja...ninja..ninja!" (that vid I need to see...lol)
Rollin.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 05:53 PM   #156
Toly
ninjette.org guru

Name: Toly

Motorcycle(s): KTM 390 Duke

Hey kraazy, feel better, man! Sorry I wasn't able to join U guys yesterday, sounds like quite an adventure. Any chance U can post the route on Google maps and share it? Those back roads look awesome!
Toly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM   #157
kraazy

Quote:
i got you

pm me ur number and just let me know when i can pick them up.greatly appreciated. thanks alot.

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #158
kraazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toly View Post
Hey kraazy, feel better, man! Sorry I wasn't able to join U guys yesterday, sounds like quite an adventure. Any chance U can post the route on Google maps and share it? Those back roads look awesome!
thanx alot.. boy the day after sucks,, i am hurting and bruised all over.yet i am grateful, it could have been worse with that sharp drainage pipe.

Old June 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM   #159
Snafu
ninjette.org member

Wow, glad to hear it wasn't any worse. So what new helmet will you buy next? What was the old helmet? Good thing it did it's job.

Old June 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #160
fizzer914
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraazy View Post
thanx alot.. boy the day after sucks,, i am hurting and bruised all over.yet i am grateful, it could have been worse with that sharp drainage pipe.
see i told u depending on how hard u hit i could say expect 1 more day b-4 u start to get better
........so does the battle ax know??

Quote:
who do i have to pay to see those vidoes its like drugs i need to see it
ok ill stop crying now