ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old May 4th, 2011, 11:21 PM   #1
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Roll a D6

For Dungeons and Dragons (uber)geeks.

Link to original page on Vimeo.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Name: Tri

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R, 2005 R6

That was awesome... but we all know there aren't any cute girls like that who game

Old May 5th, 2011, 07:59 AM   #3
Live2ride
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
That was awesome... but we all know there aren't any cute girls like that who game
There are a select few...those are the keepers. . I've never played D&D but more power to them, that was fun to watch.

Old May 8th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #4
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
That's not true. Ask my girls 85 lock and dk
CynicalC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #5
Ash
ninjette.org member

Name: Ash

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
That's not true. Ask my girls 85 lock and dk
WoW <> DnD
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 8th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #6
miss_syn
my hair matches my bike

Name: Tiffany

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Red 250r

Needs about 6 more bottles of soda, probably ones with high caffeine content.
miss_syn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:24 AM   #7
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

I guess you guys missed my /sarcasm . Also, WOW =/= gaming IRL.

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:49 AM   #8
GeneJunkie
ninjette.org sage

Name: Cindy

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

I do have to agree that WoW=/= gaming IRL. I know plenty of cute girls that play WoW, but now that I think of it, when I was playing CCGs there were no girls at the weekly matches or even at the conventions.
GeneJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 10th, 2011, 08:58 AM   #9
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): EX250J

I dabbled in D&D and played quite a bit of 40k. After 4 or 5 years of playing with the same person over and over, it got old. Small Town USA is not condusive to tabletop gaming.

I still have my army though. Nothing like using ~70 gun wielding elves and their hover tanks as a conversation piece.

While I lived in NoVA, I walked into a Games Workshop for a minute of nostalgia. I started talking to one of the sales associates overseeing a game between 4 players and my girlfriend comes walking in and the whole place froze. A girl in a games workshop? She started talking about how cool the space marines looked. I decided it was time to leave.
Liber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 12th, 2011, 03:10 AM   #10
CynicalC

I know some cute girls that play MTG... I think that's about the closest to a "real" game that you'll find them. I do pass by gamescape pretty often (they host tabletop games every night) and rarely see any females present, unless it's boardgame night.

And say what you will about wow, at least it's not farmville

Old May 12th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #11
Liber
ninjette.org sage

yeh I still mess around on WoW. When I was in college I sunk some time into it. I thought of myself as a power gamer before WoW. WoW took that title from me. my /played on there is about 17 days on my main character, and I've met people who claim to have over 365 days played. These days I'm an extremely casual gamer, maybe putting an hour or so in every night, if that, and a few over the weekend.

I don't know if it's me or if games are just getting repetetive/bland. I look over at my computer and think about all the great times I've had on it, and then I go out and work on my bike...I sometimes feel like I'm cheating

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:17 AM   #12
CynicalC

My account's been inactive pretty much since I picked up the bike. (not at all a coincidence) 17 days /played isn't much at this point, but over 365 is a lot. I think I've got less than 100 days played between all my toons, which is still way too much. I played Lineage II for a couple years before and during wow (pre-bc). Lots of diablo, aion, allods, etc in between. The gf was a big CS / CS:S nerd back then, and then EVE online before playing wow. Neither of us have playe anything in months though.

Games have been getting worse and worse, even wow. It's still ok and has some good elements, but compared to pre-bc it might as well be the sims. I think I quit for good this time. It was taking up >25Gb of precious space on the SSD so it had to go. Just waiting on diablo 3 now, and gonna start on portal 2 this week to kill some time until then.

Old May 12th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #13
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Name: T

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liber View Post
I don't know if it's me or if games are just getting repetitive/bland.
It's not just you. It makes me sad. My wife complains all the time about how the only thing I play anymore is <insert current FPS here> or WoW.

We used to love playing all the great adventure games available several years back. You know, the ones that require a brain to complete. Games like the Oddworld stuff, Resident Evil when it still had puzzles and wasn't a shooter clone, and Eternal Darkness (best. game. ever.). Games that required my gamer skills, yet had a storyline that drew her in, with puzzles she could actually help with. Good times. Maybe the Wii successor will fix that. Sure as hell doesn't look like Xbox360/PS3/PC will.

Old May 12th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #14
Liber
ninjette.org sage

There are still a few gems. The Mass Effect series is awesome. Grand Strategy is just something consoles can't emulate on the level of PCs. I can't play shooters on console, too many years of CS, BF1942 and Unreal Tourney under my belt.

WoW is fun in its own way. It also signifies the direction MMO's have to take to be highly profitable. Watered down uncomplicated garbage, where you don't have to make a single tough decision, just sell yourself to addiction and you fit right in.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #15
CynicalC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoulrath View Post
It's not just you. It makes me sad. My wife complains all the time about how the only thing I play anymore is <insert current FPS here> or WoW.

We used to love playing all the great adventure games available several years back. You know, the ones that require a brain to complete. Games like the Oddworld stuff, Resident Evil when it still had puzzles and wasn't a shooter clone, and Eternal Darkness (best. game. ever.). Games that required my gamer skills, yet had a storyline that drew her in, with puzzles she could actually help with. Good times. Maybe the Wii successor will fix that. Sure as hell doesn't look like Xbox360/PS3/PC will.
Oh man dont leave out dino crisis! Seriously there were tons of great games back then. Kyrandia, hand of fate, myst...

I started portal 2 last night and it's great. Play the game slowly and take everything in. The signs and visuals, "her" venomous sarcasm. The game is very good.

Old May 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #16
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Why do you think I got a red ninjette. Da Boyz tolds me Red makes em go fasta!

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Paint_Job

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #17
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R SE, a puddle of Ninja ZX6

***Warning, Uber geek post***
I can relate to that vid. I got a group of friends that meet every Wed. to get our gaming fix. My favorites are (in no particular order) Battlestar Galactica with the new expansions, Decent, Fury of Dracula, Space Alert, Vampire: The Eternal Struggle, D&D (3.5 Rules), Munchkin, Kill Doctor Lucky, Arkham Horror, Warrior Knights, etc. As you can tell I really like alot of the games that Fantasy Flight makes.

Online, I still play some DDO but closed all of my WoW accounts. My favorite all time MMO has to be Asheron's Call 2 (not around anymore). I wish that was still around. I used to play WoW when it started and then I got back into it with Cataclysm, I get to the level cap and geared up and then lose interest. I just get bored with it, too much farming(speaking of Farmville) and running the same quests over and over. Not enough world PvP. The arena PvP just doesn't do it for me.
***End, Uber geek post***

Old May 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM   #18
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Motorcycle(s): Current: '11 ZX-6R; Previous: '09 Ninjette; '08 ZX-6R (Ex-Wife '09 TU250X)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
I used to play WoW when it started and then I got back into it with Cataclysm, I get to the level cap and geared up and then lose interest. I just get bored with it, too much farming(speaking of Farmville) and running the same quests over and over. Not enough world PvP. The arena PvP just doesn't do it for me.
I can't agree with this enough. Personally, I am a very competitive person, but the balance (read:lack of) in Arena just turned me off. BG's are too repetitive, they really need more, with better objectives. I level, farm for gear, a week later I'm bored.

And there is definitely a lack of good world PvP. I thought the new area (forget what it's called) would do it, but it's pretty much garbage. I miss Quel Danas.

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:09 PM   #19
Liber
ninjette.org sage

if you want open world PvP, play WAR. last character I had went from 1-40(max) doing PvP, 80% of it on the battlefield. That was fun, but the result is the same; in the end you are just farming for gear.

IRL i go to work and farm for cooler looking, better protected, armor to ride my steed on the highway by casting accounting and financing spells on excel. Sometimes a paycheck drops.

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:15 PM   #20
Ambar
ninjette.org member

Name: Sharon

Motorcycle(s): green ninja 250

With that excel mob on farm status, a paycheck is common loot. Try hitting the uber Boss mob up for an epic bonus!
Ambar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 13th, 2011, 02:22 PM   #21
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Quote:
IRL i go to work and farm for cooler looking, better protected, armor to ride my steed on the highway by casting accounting and financing spells on excel. Sometimes a paycheck drops.

Old May 13th, 2011, 03:05 PM   #22
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
ZOMG!!! POWNED!!! +1,000,000 intarwebz!

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:27 PM   #23
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Seriously though, has anyone else noticed a peculiar similarity between buying protective gear for riding and buying protective gear in games? One thing I noticed is when I acquired my new jacket and boots, I had that same feeling of gratification that I used to get when completing a new set of armor.

It's not really that bad, since looking badass irl has many more real life rewards than looking badass in an MMO, but is also that much more expensive. I've never been much of a shopper irl, but I was so proud of my Sidi boots that I called an ex up and told her I had purchased my first pair of Italian leather boots.

I really think I've brought my monopoly money shopping habbits over from MMOs into real life.

Seeing as how I've spent about $1500 on gear, anyone need a tank for the raid on Asphaltian's Lair?

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #24
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

How do all these threads turn into MMO threads?

Old May 16th, 2011, 02:53 PM   #25
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

D&D is awesome. I haven't played since college, though. These days I'm more into boardgames like Catan, Carcassonne, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Werewolf, Tikal...

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:11 PM   #26
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

I played Settlers of Catan for the first time about a month ago. Not bad. I was a little let down, probably because of they hyped it up a bit too much, so I was expecting a bit more. I have not played Carcassonne, or Tikal. I will have to check those out.

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #27
CynicalC

Quote:
Because MMOs are the tabletop games of this generation... If the internet didn't exist, tabletop games would still reign.

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:44 PM   #28
Xoulrath
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC
If the internet didn't exist, tabletop games would still reign.
And thread would be something you sew with.

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #29
CThunder-blue
ModMy250.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Because MMOs are the tabletop games of this generation... If the internet didn't exist, tabletop games would still reign.
That doesn't mean you should flood the thread with MMO crap.

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM   #30
bluepoof
ninjette.org sage

Name: Carolyn

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250, 2002 Yamaha XT225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Streak View Post
I played Settlers of Catan for the first time about a month ago. Not bad. I was a little let down, probably because of they hyped it up a bit too much, so I was expecting a bit more. I have not played Carcassonne, or Tikal. I will have to check those out.
Carcassonne is my husband's and my go-to evening entertainment. They have a few expansion packs, too. Very simple to pick up and not so competitive that you want to throw things at anyone.

I play Catan waaaay too much. There's an iPhone/iPad game, too, if you feel like wasting your life away (don't ask how I know). There's also a version that I like called Trails to Rails that's like Catan on a USA map to build railroads/settle the West. There are a few other Catan variants, too, but I haven't tried them.

Anyone else have board game recs? I'm always on the lookout for more.

Old May 16th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #31
CynicalC

Quote:
That doesn't mean you should flood the thread with MMO crap.
We're talking about gaming in general. Get over it? kthx.

Old May 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #32
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
That was the single best D&D themed autotune rap sung by a hot(ish) chick video I've ever seen.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 17th, 2011, 06:25 AM   #33
Liber
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
b/c everyone knows the recipe for picking up women is equal parts motorcycle riding and maxing your character out on your favorite MMO.

Old May 18th, 2011, 09:18 AM   #34
Platypus42
ninjette.org member

Name: Tyler

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250

@bluepoof: Dominion
Platypus42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #35
Green Streak
Ninjette Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepoof View Post
Anyone else have board game recs? I'm always on the lookout for more.

I would recommend Battlestar. It is best when you are playing with 4+ players. I never actually watched the new series, which is what it is based on. But you don't need to in order to play the game. That game is a blast. You are all characters from the series(again haven't seen it, but not important) with different jobs and abilities, and you are on the Battlestar Galactica, but one of you or more (depending on the number of players) is secretly a cylon. And is working against the ship. So you have to be really sneaky as the cylon so the others don't figure it out and throw you in the brig. It makes for a really fun game when playing with a group of friends.