ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old September 17th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #1
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 2006 Ninja ZX6R-636

Jacket and Pants or 2-piece suit

I am looking to upgrade my textile riding gear and going with leather. My dilemma is going with purchasing a jacket and pants separately or buying a 2-piece suit.

This Alpinestars-GP-Plus and this Alpinestars-GP-Plus or just get a suit like this Alpinestars-Carver

Thoughts and comments appreciated.
LoD575 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 17th, 2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Gurk
Done here.

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

To me, usually the big decision is between 1 or 2 piece suits.
If you're between 2 piece vs Seperate jacket and pants, you don't have much to worry about and could go either way. It all depends on what's out there and if you like it.

If you prefer a certain combo of jacket and pants, there's nothing wrong with chosing those over the 2 piece. Vice versa also holds true.

Make sure you can zip the two pieces together though. Most brands zip with any combo of leather and pants if I'm remembering correctly.
Gurk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 05:10 AM   #3
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

I'd think you'd probably need to decide if you ever plan on doing track days first. Check your local listings, but IIRC, some tracks will let you race if you're using a 2-piece suit. If you'd be going to a track that requires 1-piece only, then you may be stuck purchasing (or renting if available) a separate 1 piece. Honestly though, in looking at the Carver vs. the GP Plus pants/jacket, they both really look they serve the same purpose - to be a 2-piece track suit - meaning that it doesn't look like you're deciding between apples and oranges with the gear you've posted but more like apples and apples.

If you don't ever plan to take it to the track then go with whatever you want. Also, it may be possible to mix/match brands and still mate them as a 2-piece suit. Some pants come with the zipper connection with both sides so you can take one half of the zipper and have a tailor attach it to your jacket.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #4
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Here's my question, is this gonna be for track? is this gonna be a commuter suit? or is this gonna be a joy ride suit?
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM   #5
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

I have a one piece suit and textile jacket pants combo. That way I get the best of both worlds. If just commuting and putting around town I would do a textile jacket and pants combo. If your doing track or really aggressive riding get a one piece.
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM   #6
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiserz View Post
Here's my question, is this gonna be for track? is this gonna be a commuter suit? or is this gonna be a joy ride suit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilaniz View Post
I have a one piece suit and textile jacket pants combo. That way I get the best of both worlds. If just commuting and putting around town I would do a textile jacket and pants combo. If your doing track or really aggressive riding get a one piece.
I already have a textile jacket/pant combo. The leather would be for spirited/joyride.
Would love to do some track days in the future.

Old September 19th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #7
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoD575 View Post
I already have a textile jacket/pant combo. The leather would be for spirited/joyride.
Would love to do some track days in the future.

That's what I plan to do. Good idea.
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 03:48 PM   #8
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

those look the same to me, both 2 piece suits no matter how u buy it. it should be 1 piece vs. 2 piece.
gt_turbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 19th, 2011, 04:16 PM   #9
LoD575
ninjette.org sage

Thanks for the input and opinions, will start looking at 1-piece suits.

Old September 20th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #10
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

http://store.teizms.com/diego great commuter & spirited/joyride suit.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote