ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old September 21st, 2011, 05:54 AM   #41
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesio View Post
Oh God no I wouldn't be caught dead on a scooter Besides, do you know how much sh*t my buddies would give me if they saw me pull up on a scooter? This would be them >>>
At least you'd be able to pull up! I bet they're giving you some **** for your hobbling!

Unless you're working a desk job on the base, I guess you're having to take leave from that too right now.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2011, 06:04 AM   #42
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Name: Eva

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250

Sorry about your crash! Hope you feel better.
RaZeDaHeLL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 21st, 2011, 06:41 AM   #43
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Name: Moe

Motorcycle(s): None

Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
At least you'd be able to pull up! I bet they're giving you some **** for your hobbling!

Unless you're working a desk job on the base, I guess you're having to take leave from that too right now.
Ya they are, but I have a cool motorcycle crash story so its ok The ladies love it.

yesterday I was wearing my superman shirt and hobbled into another chilis (im a fan lol) and our waitress, who was pretty cute came up to me and she goes, 'what happened to your foot superman ' then i said ' i was on a motorcycle and ran into some kryptonite' luckily no food was dropped on the floor this time

Ya work doesnt have me doin anything right now. The doc put me in quarters status for a couple days (basically that means i get to stay home all day) so I was like screw this and spent 2 days at my girlfriends house, who is a nurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZeDaHeLL View Post
Sorry about your crash! Hope you feel better.
the percocet helps me feel better...

Old September 21st, 2011, 07:07 AM   #44
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
yesterday I was wearing my superman shirt and hobbled into another chilis (im a fan lol) and our waitress, who was pretty cute came up to me and she goes, 'what happened to your foot superman ' then i said ' i was on a motorcycle and ran into some kryptonite' luckily no food was dropped on the floor this time
You smooth! Causing us girls to go weak at the knees

Old September 21st, 2011, 07:31 AM   #45
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
You smooth! Causing us girls to go weak at the knees
What can I say? It's what I do

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:44 AM   #46
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Question Should I make an insurance claim?

Here are pictures that pretty much sum up all of the damage

Should I make an insurance claim? I have full coverage and my deductible is $500. Would it be worth it? Do you think state farm would just total out the bike and hand me a check?

I also don't want my rates to go up, and if I don't make a claim soon I was just gonna cancel out my insurance because I can't ride anymore anyway because of my ankle/foot and sell the bike. I am thinking if I would try to sell it for about $2000 - $1700 after I get the brakes serviced. $1700 is what I owe on it.

One thing I did notice is that the windshield/cowl/plastic got bent pretty good. The left side of the wind screen is all bent out of center I included a picture.

I have ridden it around and I am going to have to suck it up and ride to the shop to get the brakes serviced anyway. But the damage seems to be purely cosmetic. Otherwise it operates and runs like it did before the wreck.

Oh yeah, the seat cowl got ruined and for some reason I can't get the stock passenger seat to secure on the back

thoughts?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1525.jpg (96.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1526.jpg (152.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1527.jpg (74.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1528.jpg (85.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1529.jpg (119.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1530.jpg (141.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1544.jpg (122.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1545.jpg (56.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1546.jpg (51.9 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1547.jpg (105.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1549.jpg (100.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1550.jpg (56.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1551.jpg (62.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1552.jpg (84.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1553.jpg (125.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1548.jpg (78.9 KB, 1 views)

Old September 22nd, 2011, 10:59 AM   #47
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Here are pictures that pretty much sum up all of the damage

Should I make an insurance claim? I have full coverage and my deductible is $500. Would it be worth it? Do you think state farm would just total out the bike and hand me a check?

I also don't want my rates to go up, and if I don't make a claim soon I was just gonna cancel out my insurance because I can't ride anymore anyway because of my ankle/foot and sell the bike. I am thinking if I would try to sell it for about $2000 - $1700 after I get the brakes serviced. $1700 is what I owe on it.

One thing I did notice is that the windshield/cowl/plastic got bent pretty good. The left side of the wind screen is all bent out of center I included a picture.

I have ridden it around and I am going to have to suck it up and ride to the shop to get the brakes serviced anyway. But the damage seems to be purely cosmetic. Otherwise it operates and runs like it did before the wreck.

Oh yeah, the seat cowl got ruined and for some reason I can't get the stock passenger seat to secure on the back

thoughts?
I have trouble getting my passenger seat on and off on my non-crashed bike.

Personally I would make a decision after I had received a quote from the garage saying how much it would cost to repair. If there is only Ł500 of damage then obviously there is no point using your insurance.

Sad to here your thinking of selling her Will you get another bike when you're healed up? Which model, or what engine size are you thinking of?

Old September 22nd, 2011, 11:15 AM   #48
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
I have trouble getting my passenger seat on and off on my non-crashed bike.

Personally I would make a decision after I had received a quote from the garage saying how much it would cost to repair. If there is only Ł500 of damage then obviously there is no point using your insurance.

Sad to here your thinking of selling her Will you get another bike when you're healed up? Which model, or what engine size are you thinking of?
Just called up the garage I go to and they are gonna give me some advice when I go in on monday to get the brakes serviced. Ya, it is kinda sad but I still have every desire to ride motorcycles! It's just that I can't ride this season anymore anyway and I was hoping to get a bigger bike for next season. I have already decided my next bike is gonna be a Suzuki SV650S. My buddy has one and he let me ride it around a little bit and I loved it. The V-twin's power is very manageable, much like the 250's and my biggest thing was it felt more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and I feel a little cramped on the 250 and have been told I look huge on the thing I sat on the SV and my legs felt a lot better and the size of the bike just fit me better overall. Oh yeah and the V-twin sounds awesome with a slip on or aftermarket full exhaust

edit - oh ya, akima, that thing you pointed out on the tire, it was just a little bit of rubber. The tires are so new that those little slivers of rubber are still in between the tread (hard to explain). I'm guessing it's just left over from when they pull the tire from the mold. All is good

double edit - and ya i remember having the hardest time getting the rear seat to go back on when i first got the bike so i'm not sure if it wont go back on because of the crash or if it's just me bein a retard again

Old September 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM   #49
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

There was a small rubber piece I had to install on the ninja itself for the back part of the rear seat cowl to fit snuggly. If you remove that piece the passenger seat should fit again.

Edit: I actually see the piece in your second pic, its that round rubber thing!

Old September 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM   #50
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
There was a small rubber piece I had to install on the ninja itself for the back part of the rear seat cowl to fit snuggly. If you remove that piece the passenger seat should fit again.

I know! I remembered to take it out but for the life of me I can't get the seat to secure in place. The front works fine where it locks in place but the rear is all loosey goosey Maybe I'll go play with it some more.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:33 PM   #51
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:

Oh wow LOL. That rubber thing randomly popped out the other day and I had no idea where it came from. Guess I now know. Thanks!

Old September 22nd, 2011, 12:37 PM   #52
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Just called up the garage I go to and they are gonna give me some advice when I go in on monday to get the brakes serviced. Ya, it is kinda sad but I still have every desire to ride motorcycles! It's just that I can't ride this season anymore anyway and I was hoping to get a bigger bike for next season. I have already decided my next bike is gonna be a Suzuki SV650S. My buddy has one and he let me ride it around a little bit and I loved it. The V-twin's power is very manageable, much like the 250's and my biggest thing was it felt more comfortable. I'm 6'1" and I feel a little cramped on the 250 and have been told I look huge on the thing I sat on the SV and my legs felt a lot better and the size of the bike just fit me better overall. Oh yeah and the V-twin sounds awesome with a slip on or aftermarket full exhaust

edit - oh ya, akima, that thing you pointed out on the tire, it was just a little bit of rubber. The tires are so new that those little slivers of rubber are still in between the tread (hard to explain). I'm guessing it's just left over from when they pull the tire from the mold. All is good

double edit - and ya i remember having the hardest time getting the rear seat to go back on when i first got the bike so i'm not sure if it wont go back on because of the crash or if it's just me bein a retard again
I'm always re-editing too. Forgetful human.

6'1"... you look shorter than that in your photos. I guess you're just proportional for your height. Tall guys... mmmm

Glad to hear you're staying with bikes. Bet your Suzi is going to be nice. I'm definitely not ready for a bigger bike yet. I still feel like my Ninjette has more in her than I can handle. I overtook a car today and twisted the throttle a little faster than usual. Damn near fell off the back of the bike

Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:28 PM   #53
TFKninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Pete

Motorcycle(s): 2009 ninja 250r

That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful. M8 I am getting a bigger bike next year too probably a Fatboy lo, but I'm thinking of keeping my ninjette now, It is nice to have both options, If you keep it and slowly repair it over the off season as you get loose change, your lucky you have insurance, I paid for mine cash, but never got around to insuring it, what made me cry at the crash was the fact that I was meant insure it that day but got too busy and ran out of time, now it's getting repaired out of my own pocket. Big bikes are nice but ninjettes are fun, Ive got 3months before I can walk again, That bruising looks a bit like mine was. I took about a month to go away, Im sure you will have a speedy recovery because you wore boots, I know its hard to make decisions about what to do when your in pain and on painkillers and feeling down about it, Every time I have to get up and go to the toilet on the crutches get's me down. I'd sleep on it and wait till your feeling better, rather than make a decison you may regret. Just something to think about, I know every one is different.

Old September 22nd, 2011, 06:41 PM   #54
RaZeDaHeLL
The Black Widow

Quote:
Oh wow LOL. That rubber thing randomly popped out the other day and I had no idea where it came from. Guess I now know. Thanks!
You're welcome, it was a pain in the rear to get that thing in there in the first place.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 11:48 AM   #55
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
6'1"... you look shorter than that in your photos. I guess you're just proportional for your height. Tall guys... mmmm

Glad to hear you're staying with bikes. Bet your Suzi is going to be nice. I'm definitely not ready for a bigger bike yet. I still feel like my Ninjette has more in her than I can handle. I overtook a car today and twisted the throttle a little faster than usual. Damn near fell off the back of the bike

I never get that! I added a photo of me on a zx6r...I think it shows my tall-ness better because I am flat footing it with room to spare.

Throttle control, woman! The SV-650S will fit me nice. Yes, it has more power but like I mentioned v-twin it has is tuned for more useable power on the street and it has some sexy low end torque

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFKninja View Post
That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful. M8 I am getting a bigger bike next year too probably a Fatboy lo, but I'm thinking of keeping my ninjette now, It is nice to have both options, If you keep it and slowly repair it over the off season as you get loose change, your lucky you have insurance, I paid for mine cash, but never got around to insuring it, what made me cry at the crash was the fact that I was meant insure it that day but got too busy and ran out of time, now it's getting repaired out of my own pocket. Big bikes are nice but ninjettes are fun, Ive got 3months before I can walk again, That bruising looks a bit like mine was. I took about a month to go away, Im sure you will have a speedy recovery because you wore boots, I know its hard to make decisions about what to do when your in pain and on painkillers and feeling down about it, Every time I have to get up and go to the toilet on the crutches get's me down. I'd sleep on it and wait till your feeling better, rather than make a decison you may regret. Just something to think about, I know every one is different.
It's all rainy now but later I'll go out there and fiddle with it more and check that bracket you mentioned. I have definitely thought about keeping my ninjette and I really want to, it's such a cheap bike and I was thinking I could make a track bike out of it. Problem is I'm in the military for another year at least and can't be haulin' 2 bikes around if I move and don't really have the coin to build a track day bike. Especially if I am going to be getting another bike that I am going to want to mod up a little. The SV650's sound real nice with a aftermarket exhaust That sucks how you meant to insure it, I would have cried to. Thanks for the words of confidence. It does suck. My biggest thing is not being able to run or do the sealfit workouts with my buddies. Yesterday I went to the gym and did as many rounds as possible in 20 mins of 5 pullups, 10 pushups, and 15 situps and I was able to use the rower after and did a 1,000m row. I was glad I could do that, it helped burn off the frustration. I just need to keep thinking of exercises that are zero impact on my feet. Rowing will have to do for now in place of running.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 12:40 PM   #56
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:

I never get that! I added a photo of me on a zx6r...I think it shows my tall-ness better because I am flat footing it with room to spare.

Throttle control, woman! The SV-650S will fit me nice. Yes, it has more power but like I mentioned v-twin it has is tuned for more useable power on the street and it has some sexy low end torque
Oh yeah: found that picture. You do look tall there. You also look like you're in a blissful daydream which involves that zx6r and lots of empty, pristine, twisty roads!

Yeah - my throttle control isn't great. I'm getting better though. I've been reading that Keith Code book to try and learn a thing or too: everyone seems to recommend that.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 01:36 PM   #57
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Name: Jojo

Motorcycle(s): none, cuz i'm a loser.

I'm sorry James that I never saw this thread and to see how you're doing! However it looks like Nurse Akima is here to make you feel better so I take it back a little, haha

Get well my dear!
AznJoJo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:27 PM   #58
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznJoJo View Post
I'm sorry James that I never saw this thread and to see how you're doing! However it looks like Nurse Akima is here to make you feel better so I take it back a little, haha

Get well my dear!
What can I say? Cute, hobbling Cali guys gotta get their nursing! I'm pretty sure his gf has him covered though.

My younger brother had an accident and hurt is ankle and showed the same frustration as you. He too carried on working out but focusing more on his upper body. He's also in the forces (RAF), He recovered amazingly quick, thanks in part to getting a good physiotherapist to help him through it.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 02:58 PM   #59
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
What can I say? Cute, hobbling Cali guys gotta get their nursing! I'm pretty sure his gf has him covered though.

My younger brother had an accident and hurt is ankle and showed the same frustration as you. He too carried on working out but focusing more on his upper body. He's also in the forces (RAF), He recovered amazingly quick, thanks in part to getting a good physiotherapist to help him through it.
Oh gosh

I'll take all the nurses I can get

thank you, jojo you two should be like the certified ninjette nurses or something

Ya, I thought about that to...I could just start lifting heavy and get JAAAACKED I'm more of an endurance guy tho

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM   #60
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Oh yeah: found that picture. You do look tall there. You also look like you're in a blissful daydream which involves that zx6r and lots of empty, pristine, twisty roads!

Yeah - my throttle control isn't great. I'm getting better though. I've been reading that Keith Code book to try and learn a thing or too: everyone seems to recommend that.
you read me like a book

havent read thru the keith code book yet, how is it? im finishing more proficient motorcycling by david l. hough

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:10 PM   #61
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
you read me like a book

havent read thru the keith code book yet, how is it? im finishing more proficient motorcycling by david l. hough
Keith Code's book -- A Twist of the Wrist II -- is great! I recommend you watch the DVD first. It has the same name as the book. I kept laughing while watching it because they have these really goofy motorcycle actors. They slowly progress in skill as the film goes on. Really corny but great fun.

How is your book? Recommend it?

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:14 PM   #62
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
thank you, jojo you two should be like the certified ninjette nurses or something
If so, one of us has to be the evil nurse and the other, the nice

Got a preference AznJojo?

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #63
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Keith Code's book -- A Twist of the Wrist II -- is great! I recommend you watch the DVD first. It has the same name as the book. I kept laughing while watching it because they have these really goofy motorcycle actors. They slowly progress in skill as the film goes on. Really corny but great fun.

How is your book? Recommend it?
Ya, I saw a clip of the DVD on you tube, I'll have to pick it up

David Hough's More Proficient Motorcycling is a bit dry but has lots of great information. It's more focused on staying alive on the street and there are some interesting physics described in the book (ooooooooh physics, exciting!) I would still recommend it though.

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:23 PM   #64
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:

but why? you're both so hug-able

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:28 PM   #65
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
but why? you're both so hug-able

Aww

Hmmm... maybe I'm thinking of good cop bad cop. Good nurse bad nurse probably doesn't have the same effect

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:39 PM   #66
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Quote:

No, I think I can play both pretty well, so it's up to you... I have an avatar most suited for this thread! expect it soon, haha. Unless it's a chef, I can't remember, lmao!

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM   #67
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Aww

Hmmm... maybe I'm thinking of good cop bad cop. Good nurse bad nurse probably doesn't have the same effect
naughty nurse nice nurse sounds better or just two nice's or two naughty's

good cop bad cop makes me think of that scene in the other guys with will ferrell and mark wahlberg ever seen it?

edit - oh ya, guess what my 2 nurses , it's my 21st bday today

Old September 23rd, 2011, 03:53 PM   #68
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
No, I think I can play both pretty well, so it's up to you... I have an avatar most suited for this thread! expect it soon, haha. Unless it's a chef, I can't remember, lmao!
Confusing a chef with a nurse... I'm sure the two of us will provide great care to the needy guys!

Quote:
naughty nurse nice nurse sounds better or just two nice's or two naughty's

good cop bad cop makes me think of that scene in the other guys with will ferrell and mark wahlberg ever seen it?

edit - oh ya, guess what my 2 nurses , it's my 21st bday today
LMAO I forgot about that film. Found a clip of that scene on youtube He completely flips out! <3 Will Ferrell

Is it really your birthday or is that a part of the ninjette nurse fantasy you're no doubt forging in that day dreaming head of yours!

That's right... I can read your mind!!

Anyway. Midnight here; nini

Old September 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM   #69
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Confusing a chef with a nurse... I'm sure the two of us will provide great care to the needy guys!

LMAO I forgot about that film. Found a clip of that scene on youtube He completely flips out! <3 Will Ferrell

Is it really your birthday or is that a part of the ninjette nurse fantasy you're no doubt forging in that day dreaming head of yours!

That's right... I can read your mind!!

Anyway. Midnight here; nini
After it's all over Will Ferrell is like, "oh...i thought you said bad cop bad cop"

no i swear its really my bday! i have the email from ninjette.org wishing me a happy bday to prove it im getting ready to hobble out the door to drink myself into a hobbling frenzy

Old September 23rd, 2011, 04:09 PM   #70
AznJoJo
ninjette.org Bunny

Quote:
After it's all over Will Ferrell is like, "oh...i thought you said bad cop bad cop"

no i swear its really my bday! i have the email from ninjette.org wishing me a happy bday to prove it
it being your bday today seems a little too conveninent... haha

Nonetheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES - Nurse Jojo :P

Old September 23rd, 2011, 04:23 PM   #71
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
it being your bday today seems a little too conveninent... haha

Nonetheless, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMES - Nurse Jojo :P
I SWEAR!!!

heres proof
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nni.jpg (73.1 KB, 7 views)

Old September 23rd, 2011, 04:33 PM   #72
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

Glad your alright, bikes can always be replaced. Imagine how you ankle/foot would have been if you were just wearing some sneakers!
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old September 25th, 2011, 12:53 PM   #73
jamesio
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFKninja View Post
That little rubber thing Ive never had on mine and my seat was difficult before, When I did my repairs on the back end the other day I noticed the bracket that rubber thing is in was bent down making it harder to get into the slot under the seat, I put a lever under and bent it up then bashed it around a bit with a hammer and vise grips till it looked straighter now the seat fits beautiful.
Thanks for the tip dude! Just went out there and that was the culprit. The bracket was just slightly bent downward. I was able to muscle it and bend that fu**er back up and now the seat fits great