ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Motorcycle-related

Old November 6th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250, 2018 Honda GL1800B

Pregen plastics, etc., for sale - pre-ebay deals for Ninjetters!

I offer the following parts for sale from my 11,000 mile 2006 Ninja, which has the yellow/orange flame motif. I took all these parts off when I modified the bike, but they are all in good condition. What you see is what's left, as of 11/26/12. Shipping to continental US only at these prices. If you are elsewhere, PM for shipping rate.

All unsold items go on eBay in a few days:

1. Rear cowling - excellent condition with only one small scratch - $35 shipped in US

2. Rear grab handle - gloss black with a few scratches - $15 shipped in US

3. Tail light bracket - $10 shipped in US

4. Speedo and Tach, removed from housing - $20 each shipped in US

5. Speedo cable - $15 shipped in US

6. Chin fairing bracket - $10 shipped in US

Thanks for looking!

Last futzed with by Chicagobob; November 26th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.
Chicagobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #2
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

I haven't finished looking but I'll take that chin fairing and I think I know someone looking for the upper stay!
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:00 PM   #3
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 (sold), '06 Ninja 650R

No side panels?
flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #4
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynjay View Post
No side panels?
Nope. I'm still using them (or a part of them) on the bike:

Old November 7th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #5
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagobob View Post
Yeah I just saw that. Incredibly clean bike. I may have to borrow some of your ideas for my track bike. I may be in for a mirror, I have to look when I get home tonight.

Old November 7th, 2012, 09:17 PM   #6
Yaozer
ninjette.org member

Name: J

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250X, 2008 Ninja 250R

Quote:
I like it...clean and simple. More photos?
Yaozer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 01:08 AM   #7
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Ooooooh front fairing and/or windscreen are tempting. Mine are cracked right now and I'm planning a repaint....buying a new fairing would be easier than fixing mine!

Then again I'm toying with the idea of making mine similar to yours but I imagine that will cost much more.
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 8th, 2012, 01:53 AM   #8
andylawcc
ninjette.org guru

Name: andy

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250 faster red

good deals!
andylawcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 9th, 2012, 09:08 AM   #9
flynjay
ninjette.org guru

Do you still have the remaining sections of the side panels. I really need the little nubs that go into the grommets at the back for both sides (qty 4x)

Old November 9th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #10
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynjay View Post
Do you still have the remaining sections of the side panels. I really need the little nubs that go into the grommets at the back for both sides (qty 4x)
Nope, gone, but I bet you could get something similar from a hardware store, or fabricate them by grinding suitable-diameter PVC or aluminum rod and gluing them to your side covers with epoxy or Liquid Nails.

Also, the nubs are the same as on old Suzuki GS bike side covers and other 70s-era bikes.

Old November 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #11
Chicagobob
ninjette.org guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daks View Post
Ooooooh front fairing and/or windscreen are tempting. Mine are cracked right now and I'm planning a repaint....buying a new fairing would be easier than fixing mine!

Then again I'm toying with the idea of making mine similar to yours but I imagine that will cost much more.
This build didn't cost that much. 7" headlights are available new from several vendors and used on eBay - any old bike headlight will fit. You could also use a modern streetfighter-type light, or something like Trail Tech's X-2, which has a cool shroud that can be trimmed to look like a cafe flyscreen.

Headlight ears are $15 off Amazon and other vendors, or you can make them yourself with aluminum plate and hose clamps. You can also use a bottom-mount, Harley-type, headlight mounted to the horn bracket bolts.

Turn signals are everywhere and cheap - as little as $20 for four, but those aren't very good quality. Mine were leftover from another project, but cost about $15 each.

Taillights are also cheaply-available from many suppliers, including Amazon. Mine was $13, and uses LEDs.

I fabbed the taillight/license mount from aluminum plate - $2.69 from Ace Hardware, plus $6 for the black spray paint.

I plugged the ends of the frame rails, where I cut them off, with plastic hardware store furniture hole plugs - $29 cents each.

The big expense for me was the Trail Tech Vapor. It retails for $129, and the indicator light housing retails for about $50, but I got them off eBay for less than that. If you don't need a tach or water temp gauge, you could use an aftermarket analog speedo - $30 to 75 - or remount your stock one in a plastic coffee cup or toddler mug (painted an appropriate color, of course).

I get a lot of parts from Mike's XS and SpeedMoto.

The best thing about all this is that the bike feels a lot better at 275 lbs than it did at 300 - all that weight is above your knees, so the bike is much more flickable, and easier to handle at parking lot speeds, when it's gone.

Here's a pic after I trimmed the front fender and reduced the side panels a little more:

Last futzed with by Chicagobob; November 20th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.

Old November 9th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #12
Daks
Jersey Devil

Name: Daks

Motorcycle(s): '06 Ninja 250

Quote:
This build didn't cost that much. 7" headlights are available new from several vendors and used on eBay - any old bike headlight will fit. You could also use a modern streetfighter-type light, or something like Trail Tech's X-2, which has a cool shroud that can be trimmed to look like a cafe flyscreen.

Headlight ears are $15 off Amazon and other vendors, or you can make them yourself with aluminum plate and hose clamps. You can also use a bottom-mount, Harley-type, headlight mounted to the horn bracket bolts.

Turn signals are everywhere and cheap - as little as $20 for four, but those aren't very good quality. Mine were leftover from another project, but cost about $15 each.

Taillights are also cheaply-available from many suppliers, including Amazon. Mine was $13, and uses LEDs.

I fabbed the taillight/license mount from aluminum plate - $2.69 from Ace Hardware, plus $6 for the black spray paint.

I plugged the ends of the frame rails, where I cut them off, with plastic hardware store furniture hole plugs - $29 cents each.

The big expense for me was the Trail Tech Vapor. It retails for $129, and the indicator light housing retails for about $50, but I got them off eBay for less than that. If you don't need a tach or water temp gauge, you could use an aftermarket analog speedo - $30 to 75 - or remount your stock one in a plastic coffee cup or toddler mug (painted an appropriate color, of course).

I get a lot of parts from Mike's XS and SpeedMoto.

The best thing about all this is that the bike feels a lot better at 275 lbs than it did at 300 - all that weight is above your knees, so the bike is much more flickable, and easier to handle at parking lot speeds, when it's gone.
Good to know, thanks!

Perhaps on a future bike...I don't plan on keeping ol' Zero forever. With two previous owners, I don't know what their upkeep was like and I'd rather not risk a headache making him a bike-for-life. :P
Daks is offline   Reply With Quote