ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycle Gear

Old January 13th, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Any experiences with Rev'it gear? :)

I am looking to get a textile jacket, and have been looking into getting the Rev'it Siren. It's the equivalent to the men's Dragon jacket, and is supposedly as close to "all weather" as a jacket can get. Waterproof lining and full thermal lining inside.

Is Rev'it generally good quality? Can anyone comment on fit, durability, comfort, etc? I only very quickly tried on the Siren at the motorcycle show and it was like 3 sizes too big, so I couldn't judge fit at all...

That one is going to cost close to $400 here in Canada (only $299 in the US), so I'm wondering if it's a good investment, or if I should just go with a cheaper Joe Rocket jacket instead.
Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Greg_E
ninjette.org sage

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 90 Suzuki gsx600f Katana, 03 Buell XB9R

I was looking at RevIt but decided that to get what would fit me was going to be way too expensive. I went with Tourmaster Flex2 jacket and Flex pants but I can't remember if they come in women's sizes. The pants came in the important to me long sizes. With the liners and water resistant shells they are heavy and not really very comfortable to walk around in. Seems nice on the bike but I don't know how they will perform when it is hot since I received them in November and have only ridden a few times in the cold.

Most ever review from (I assume) real people seem to praise the RevIt gear.
Greg_E is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #3
camaroz1985
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 WR250R, 2006 Ural Raven (Sold), 2009 Versys Green (Sold), 2008 Ninja 250R Green (Sold)

From what I've heard they have good quality. That's just from the reviews I've read on waterproof gloves and stuff, but they are supposed to be some of the best.
camaroz1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 14th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Underkill
ninjette.org member

Name: Ashley

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250, 08 KTM 250 XCF-W

I've had the Rev'it Siren for about a year now I think...

The jacket fits great! I'm a pretty standard size 6 and the 34 fits like a glove. The armor is protective but low profile. I highly recommend the upgraded back protector, it's amazing. There are lots of built in adjustments for the fit. I haven't worn it in a rain storm yet, but the removable rain liner looks like it'd work pretty good. The 2 separate layer (rain and thermal) are a bit of a pain to hook up, but it's nice to be able to have just a rain liner etc... It's also pretty cool in the summer. Haven't crash tested it yet, so no info on that. Overall I'm very pleased with it and would buy another one. Also have Rev'it Factor pants that I'm pleased with as well. Hope this helps!

Here's a pic:

and a link to more photos if you're interested:
http://underkill.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/Revit-Siren
Underkill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #5
Talonne
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jessica

Motorcycle(s): '09 Metallic Diablo Black

Haha! Funny coincidence. I was just searching for this jacket on Google and came across your awesome review on Advrider. I registered there just so I could ask you about sizing! Imagine my surprise when I saw you replying to my post.

Going to PM you the sizing question.

Welcome to Ninjette.org
Talonne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2010, 08:39 AM   #6
Underkill
ninjette.org member

Name: Ashley

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250, 08 KTM 250 XCF-W

Yeah I scared myself when I googled REv'it gear and came up with a page of pictures on myself... what can I say? i'm thorough!

Hope I can help, I'll go check my PMs!
Underkill is offline   Reply With Quote

Old January 15th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #7
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

I've got a pair of Rev'it! Unix H20 Gloves. They were a bit on the pricey side, as other people have metioned of their gear, but they work very well. Fitment is the best I've found in gloves yet (I've got unusually long thin fingers for most US mens' sizing). The stitching & materials quality seems high; I've abused these gloves in the 4 months I've had them and they still look almost-new.

The waterproofing works great. Don't ask how but recently stuck my gloved hand through the ice layer of a frozen pond and stayed warm/dry. I'm a little disappointed with the insulation at below 4C when riding, but I'm not sure there's much to be done to improve other than get heated gloves.

Old October 4th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #8
Darling Ninja
ninjette.org guru

Name: Annette

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 ABS

I really want a REV'IT jacket, but I think I'm too petite, even for their smallest size which is a 34. My Scorpion jacket is an XS.

Anyone have any recommendation for an all-weather jacket that is similar to REV'IT's Siren?

Old October 4th, 2011, 05:29 PM   #9
zilaniz
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 08 R6

I have a pair of rev'it overpants and rev'it gauntet race gloves. The quality is very good, I would say the same or even slightly better than A*, you wont be dissapointed
zilaniz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 4th, 2011, 07:16 PM   #10
kaiserz
There's a limit to s2pdty

Name: A.D.

Motorcycle(s): 250r ninja (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling Ninja View Post
I really want a REV'IT jacket, but I think I'm too petite, even for their smallest size which is a 34. My Scorpion jacket is an XS.

Anyone have any recommendation for an all-weather jacket that is similar to REV'IT's Siren?
Try looking at this one http://store.teizms.com/revolution they're gonna make it specially for you, to your exact measurements

Make a mens jacket and label it one size smaller than usual. That is the secret behind most of the motorcycle clothing for women. Well it is time to say no to ill-fitting sleeves, dangly crotches and looking like, as heard on our Facebook page, "little bro from A Christmas story". We make our womens suit to your exact measurements. We know that off-the-rack sizing can be quite a pain for women motorcyclists and Teiz is here to fix that problem. We dont make alterations - We make a brand new pattern just for YOU!

Email "ghazi" info@teizms.com He's the main man of the company, he helped me out a lot when I was getting my gear.
kaiserz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 04:51 AM   #11
burningscooter
clutch

Name: nameless

Motorcycle(s): L1 GSXR600

revit is an excellent brand. I own their tarmac air jacket and i must say, it fits very well. From what I have seen, for the most part, majority of their gear seems to be unisex, and they are cut more for euro fit. All in all, excellent quality
burningscooter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 08:36 AM   #12
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
I ride in REV'IT and Teiz gear exclusively after going through several other brands I've had problems with over the years. My REV'IT stuff is fantastic. I have the Turbine jackets and pants, Monster gloves, even REV'IT summer socks. Quality is absolutely fantastic. Durable as all get out, great abrasion resistance (ceramic superfabric), seams are tough, zippers are good, I love the fit, etc., etc.

Highly recommended.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 5th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #13
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling Ninja View Post

Seconding support for the Teiz gear if you have sizing issues. Ghazi was a champ when I bought gear from him, very good customer service helping me get proper fit. Quality is great, too, and they are the only ones offering a women's one-piece right now, specifically designed to fit.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake
gfloyd2002 is offline   Reply With Quote