ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Off-Topic

Old February 16th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #1
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

Good Morning Ninjetters

It is 1am here in TX. I am up, finishing up my lunch break.

The first day of the work week is always the hardest. I got up at 8am Tuesday morning. Stayed up until about 10pm that night. I slept until 1:30am, getting up to get ready for my night shift change-over. I was up until about 9:30/10am. I was brought back to alertness at 1pm yesterday.

The reason I got up was that the delivery guy dropped off my panniers for my bicycle (saddle bags). The door bell rang to announce the arrival of the package, been up since. I am here until 7am, then I have Bible study at 7:30am. That normally runs until about 8:30-ish, then I will go home and get ready for bed.

So 1pm yesterday until about 9:30am today, a total of 18.5 hours up on the measly amount of sleep I got yesterday. YAY! Needless to say I am very much looking forward to saying "hi" to my pillow later this morning...

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #2
CynicalC
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Your schedule doesn't make any sense at all. It looks like you're seriously over-complicating things.

1) Work your midnight
2) Go to sleep when you get home early in the AM.
3) Wake up in the afternoon

On your last shift, stay up as long as you can after work and then take a nap sometime in the early afternoon, that'll charge you enough to make it through the evening and you can go to sleep at a normal time, 10 or 11. Then you'll be up bright and early the next morning and back on a "normal" schedule for the weekend. To get back on your night schedule, it's as simple as taking a nap before going in on the first night.

Or in my case: My first shift is 11pm Monday night. So I'll just stay up a little later on Sunday night and sleep until like noon on Monday. And then I'm up from then until Tuesday morning, about 18 hours. Seriously not a big deal, especially after that nice long night sleep the night before. But if that's too long for you - instead of sleeping late on Monday, get up in the morning but sneak in a nap that afternoon or right before work.

Make midnights your bitch. It's not hard.

Old February 16th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #3
Apex
Livin' the Minimoto Life

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2022 Honda Navi, 2018 Z-125 Pro

I have never really done well with staying up super late. I did that the first week back on nights and it really messed me up. So last week I went to bed at normal time and slept 4-hours, then stayed up until about 10am, and slept until 2-3pm. I was tired, but I was ok.

So that is what I do. My last day rotates. Sometimes Friday night is my last night, sometimes Saturday. If it is Friday night, I get home Sat morning and I crash for about 4 hours, then get up until about 10pm and I'm fine. If Sat night is my last night, I get off work on Sunday morning and go home, eat, go to church, then crash after.

I do better on my last day than on my first day.

2022 Honda Navi && 2018 Z-125 Pro
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 16th, 2012, 08:49 AM   #4
mustang5.0
ninjette.org guru

Name: E

Motorcycle(s): 2011 GIXXER 600

i hated working graveyard shift.. did it as security and as a welder