Old October 25th, 2011, 06:52 PM   #41
Warapura
ninjette.org member

Name: Kawa

Motorcycle(s): R1 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubojr1 View Post
@Warapura .... and your response sir???
Sorry that I was away from the computer, it seemed to cause a lot of frothing on here.

response, well that would be post 31.

Old October 26th, 2011, 04:52 AM   #42
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zola View Post
gfloyd2002:

Sir, you are indeed a Blatant Homosapien and I always appreciate your reasoned, thorough posts.
Doesn't "blatant" mean obvious and "homosapien" mean human? If so then your sentence makes very little sense lol

Old October 26th, 2011, 05:51 AM   #43
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

The Honda CBR is a nice bike and has some good qualities, but its not better than the Ninja - neither pregen nor newgen. The only ways that guy could win like that is if he cheated or he was simply a better rider than all the rest.

For crying out loud, the CBR 250R is only 2 seconds faster than a Prius in a 0-60 run.

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #44
gfloyd2002
User Title Free Since '12

Name: Floyd

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Special Edition Green

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akima View Post
Doesn't "blatant" mean obvious and "homosapien" mean human? If so then your sentence makes very little sense lol
Check my custom user title. It is usually something silly, and currently no exception.

@n4mwd, it wasn't cheating. Looks like they've put together a decent modded 250 using a bunch of prototype parts not available for the street (which is one of the many reasons the ninjette is a better bike right now, and why that is what everyone is racing. The ninjette is faster out of the box and has better access to aftermarket parts. The access to parts thing is going to change somewhat as those prototype parts get to the marketplace as some will, though the CBR will never have the options we have with the Ninjette, and it will always be starting out a bit slower out of the box.)

I'm not qualified to say whether the FI system of the 250 provides advantages over the carburated ninjette under superstock rules for the class, but there wasn't any noise about that at all on the CMRA forums, where it was all about credit to the rider. Ryan Andrews was getting all sorts of praise from his teamates and competitors alike for his skill. I've quoted one Kawi guy below, but it also looks like his lap times on the CBR250 compared to his teammates are just night and day. Dude is just kicking ass and taking names.

My rants here aren't about CBR bashing, it is about someone drawing the wrong conclusions from a race, and then trolling about it. (As an aside, if Warapura has a ZX10, which he just added to his profile today, I'll eat my hat. Exact language used in posts below also found on CBR forums and on a Thai visa forum about this same issue, and has no other posts on this forum exept on this?)

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #45
dubojr1

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
(As an aside, if Warapura has a ZX10, which he just added to his profile today, I'll eat my hat.
I noticed that too...

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #46
gt_turbo
ninjette.org sage

Name: L

Motorcycle(s): '09 250R, '13 CBR500R

why all the hate on the new kid on the block? some friendly competition is good for us the consumers. in the long run we'll get better products to choose from. all of our hate should be directed to only harley's, ducati's, and gsxr squids in that order. lol

Old October 26th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #47
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

Quote:
Blatant also means direct and blunt... to the point. He's a "to-the-point person."

Makes perfect sense.

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:25 AM   #48
cliff0529
ninjette.org member

Name: Cliff

Motorcycle(s): 1999 BMW K1200LT, 2001 Aprilia Falco, 2008 Ninja 250R and a whole slew of dirtbikes!

Also, The guy riding the CBR250 is Ryan Andrews. If I'm not mistaken he's ridden a few AMA Pro races for Rockwall Honda. So he's not your typical club racer and it's not surprising that he's waxing the floor with the Ninjette riders.

Georgia Fast Lane

Old October 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM   #49
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
Blatant also means direct and blunt... to the point. He's a "to-the-point person."

Makes perfect sense.
Not really. The phrase probably started as something coherent like "blunt individual" and made perfect sense before he used a thesaurus to bastardize it into the form of "blatant homosapien" O_o

Old October 26th, 2011, 09:14 AM   #50
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
Colin: Floyd has said it's just "something silly".

Old October 26th, 2011, 09:23 AM   #51
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
It is just silly. Nothing more intellectual than my previous custom titles, that have included things like "Wears Bubblewrap Gear" and "Hi Mom!" I was toying with people who would on first glance think it said something like Rapant Homosexual, then have to do a double take.

"Improvement makes straight roads, but the crooked roads without improvement, are roads of genius." — William Blake

Old October 26th, 2011, 04:00 PM   #52
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Well I can't say if this is true of the cbr 250r, but Honda made my CRX HF in 1990 and programmed the fuel injection system to fail at 90 mph. Thus, the top speed uphill or downhill is 90 mph. Its called Programmed Fuel Injection (PFI), but its really RFI (Retarded Fuel Injection).

So its possible that honda did that to the CBR 250R in order to intentionally retard its performance to bolster the sales of its higher end models. If true, then its conceivable that the race guy reprogrammed the FI module somehow to remove the retardedness.

Its just a theory, but if anybody with a CBR wants to experiment by installing a microsquirt controller and let us know, then please do.

Old October 26th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #53
Warapura
ninjette.org member

Just to touch on this if I may.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloyd2002 View Post
Check my custom user title. It is usually something silly, and currently no exception.

@n4mwd, it wasn't cheating. Looks like they've put together a decent modded 250 using a bunch of prototype parts not available for the street
Actually I believe they were running a M4 Streetslayer full system pipe, available and retailing at around $460.

A Bazzaz CDI, available at around $380.

And a velocity stack airfilter system, this I'm not sure about but don't believe it has been released yet.

Old October 27th, 2011, 03:15 AM   #54
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warapura View Post
Actually I believe they were running a M4 Streetslayer full system pipe, available and retailing at around $460.

A Bazzaz CDI, available at around $380.

And a velocity stack airfilter system, this I'm not sure about but don't believe it has been released yet.
Not according to the CRMA forums, where after the race, the team thanked it's many sponsors. Very clear that the bike was only able to compete with tons of support not available to a typical street rider - at least at the time. Probably why the CBR hadn't raced earlier in the season - no parts to be competitive. Sounds like some of this stuff (or at least a version) might now be available on the market. Happy to hear that the CBR finally has some limited aftermarket parts available for it now, though, even if theare choices are limited and expensive compared the ninjette. Considering the small size of the market compared to the ninjette market, that is to be expected I guess.

Quote:
A lot of folks helped us with the new CBR250R to get us on the track this weekend.

Keith Hertell and Road And Track Suspension. Keith went above abd beyond to get our suspension set up and DELIVERED to us late thursday night so that we could go racing, and have the best parts and opportunities to be competitive.

Kyle Martin at M4 Exhaust. Kyle got us their prototype exhaust the day after they finished it, so that we could go racing. If you arent using an M4 on your bike, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Bellissimoto. Randy at Bellissimoto got us a great price on our Bazzaz unit, and supports my Ducati project. Great service, and great people.

Amar at Bazzaz. Another brand new part that was rushed to us hot off the assembly line. Plus late night tech suppoort while i was tuning the bike on the dyno at 1am thursday. How many other companies do you know that would do that? The best FI, and the best quickshifter ever.

AF1 Racing. Ted @ AF1 hauled [censored], and made the gate friday night in order to hand deliver our Penske shock from R&T so that we could get it on the bike friday night. I even got to sleep by 10:30. Thank you guys very much.

Old October 27th, 2011, 03:51 AM   #55
Warapura
ninjette.org member

So they used an M4 exhaust that is released and available to buy, and has been for some time. Same goes with the Bazzaz. Not sure about the suspension...

Not sure what your point is... the CBR wasn't even released until well after the season had already started. Perhaps it's release hadn't even been announced when the season began back in February.

So what did you want, for the CBR to race against race modded and race tuned ninjettes while completely bone stock?
Yeah, that would have been fair eh. Team Green got to mod and tune their bikes but you feel aggrieved that Team Red were able to do the same?

Nope, I'm afraid your point is a bit silly, and I think indicates a bit of sour grapes on your part. If you don't mind me saying so.

Old October 27th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #56
Warapura
ninjette.org member

Just read this again.

Quote:
Probably why the CBR hadn't raced earlier in the season - no parts to be competitive.
Yeah, parts like the engine, chassis, frame, wheels, seats, or anything else.

Did you want them to run around the track until the bike was actually released?

Old October 27th, 2011, 03:59 AM   #57
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13
A troll's life:

Old October 27th, 2011, 04:06 AM   #58
Warapura
ninjette.org member

Quote:
A troll's life:
I agree. Gfloyd trolled me and I bit.

Apologies.

Old October 27th, 2011, 04:10 AM   #59
akima
Nooblet

MOTM - Oct '13

Old October 27th, 2011, 04:19 AM   #60
sombo
Newb..... on a steeek! :D

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Harley Davidson XL883L Sportster Superlow

It's ok akima, warapura just doesn't get it and never will judging from his posts.

Old October 27th, 2011, 04:25 AM   #61
Warapura
ninjette.org member

You guys are easy.

Old October 27th, 2011, 09:57 AM   #62
gfloyd2002

MOTM - Feb '12
Quote:
So they used an M4 exhaust that is released and available to buy, and has been for some time. Same goes with the Bazzaz. Not sure about the suspension...

Not sure what your point is... the CBR wasn't even released until well after the season had already started. Perhaps it's release hadn't even been announced when the season began back in February.
I have several points:

1. Regarding the mods used, at the time they were used, they weren't available to the street rider. Some still aren't. Even if some of the mods are starting to become available to the street rider now, the CBR still lacks the many options and good prices available for the ninjette because of much stronger aftermarket support.

2. Regarding timing for the race, the CBR hit the showroom after the first CMRA race in February, but the bike was available for all the races after that. It still took a few months for someone to enter it, almost certainly because no aftermarket existed. When they started racing in August, months after the bike was released, they had to rely on special treatment not available to those on the street to get the bike racing, including use of prototypes.

3. Because the Ninjette is better off the showroom floor, and because it has better aftermarket support, it is a better choice for someone concerned with top end performance (though I continue to concede better low end torque and low speed rideability on the CBR, as well as a certain level of riduculousness of talking about a 2.3hp difference even if it is a 10% advantage). Take a look at this chart, which is directly contrary to the point that you have tried and failed to make in this thread. I enoy the high-revving nature of the Ninjette and the better powerband over 8k RPMs.

4. Pointing to the results of a race in which a pro rider on a highly modified bike with massive sponsor support beat some club riders on a Ninjette says nothing about relative quality of the motorcycles, nor does it change the fact that the Ninjette is better performing bike. To come in here as a CBR rider to trash the ninjette based on a race result that has nothing to do with the relative quality of the bikes and make no other contributions to this forum is obnoxious. Frankly am pleased if I've made it hard on you to do that without getting called out.

Old October 27th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #63
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

I see warupa owns a ZX10 and an R1. Obviously the R1 is a much better motorcycle based upon WSB podiums, and AMA as well.

Old October 27th, 2011, 10:28 AM   #64
randy328
CMRA Mini Endurance #6

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): CBR954, CBR600RR, EX250

Having raced the Endurance series against those guys (and Ryan is amazingly fast), before they got the CBR they were using rental Ninjas from a group down here, and still smoking (and winning). They put the CBR on in August and continued on.

And I'm a Honda fan by nature, but I'm keeping and racing the Ninja, it's just too much fun.

Old October 27th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #65
Warapura
ninjette.org member

Gfloyd, you seem to be discussing, and a bit hung up on, the merits of buying stock versions of both bikes, mainly due to the current availability (or what you believe the availability to be) of aftermarket parts.

This thread is about them going head to head in a Superstock race series.

I'm sorry that you don't like the 4-0 CBR whitewash.

Perhaps start a thread on comparing which one is a better buy off the showroom floor for the average rider as opposed to trolling the race thread?

Old October 27th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #66
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
I'm sorry that you don't like the 4-0 CBR whitewash.
Quote:
as opposed to trolling the race thread?
Finito.

Suggested sites to continue this at:

www.ninja250forum.com
www.newninja.com
www.ninja250.org

Perhaps you'll get a warmer reception there.

/thread closed
/moved to racing section

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)

Closed Thread