ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R > 1986 - 2007 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old January 21st, 2012, 08:22 PM   #1
EMSRacer07
ninjette.org sage

Name: Byron

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250 1990

Question Messed up dash speedo

Ok here is the story.

I was driving late one night and i hear this loud whinning sound. Well it kept going on and off so i thought it was a wheel bearing starting to go so i kept driving for another hour (was far out of town and no town around). By the time i got into town it was really really loud. like god aweful loud.

Got it home, parked it, checked it out, couldnt see much and ordered wheel bearings (which it wasnt it). I then took out the speedo cable and the noise went away.

SO i lubed up the cable and the noise was still there. SO i ordered a new cable that came super lubed. I went driving and the sound was on and off but def there. its in the dash housing. Is it possible something is wrong in the housing the speedo is in? like somethiing rubbing to make that sound?

Any way to fix it? thanks a bunch for the help.

Old January 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM   #2
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

I had a buddy that had a similar situation. Turns out the speedo gear at the wheel was the problem. Replaced it and everything was good. His bike was an 08 but it may be worth checking out on yours. Good luck!

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote