ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Notices

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #1
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Cool K1300S (@#$% Yeah!!!)

Wow, what an amazing bike. Where do I begin? Well to start, the looks. I don't particularly like white bikes, in fact I'd never consider purchasing one, however, when it comes to BMW's, they just look damn good in white. Like Kawis are supposed to be green, beamers are supposed to be white. I'm even considering picking up a white helmet to match, score one for visibility.

The Transaction
So the guy who sold me this bike lives 4 hrs from me. He offered to deliver the bike for free to wherever I wanted. We agreed to meet up at a BMW dealer so I could have a pre purchase inspection done which took about an hour. We grabbed lunch and talked bikes. He brought with him a rather bulky file of all the maintenance he's ever done which I hadn't even asked for. I told him considering that I didn't even ask for it and he brought it anyway that I didn't need to see it, it was clear he cared for the bike. Inspection said everything was good and I bought the bike from him.

The K1300S
Damn this bike is sexy. Everything I loved about the N1k is included and improved upon on this bike. Massive amounts of power, super comfortable and electronic gizmos out the wangdoodle.

ABS - Ah Anti-Lock-The-Rear-And-Plow-A-Toyota-System, how I've always wanted you! It's able to be turned on and off which is neat, dunno why I'd ever want it off. The front brake is also linked to the rear which with ABS I'm not concerned about. What's nice though is that the rear is not linked to the front.

ESA-II - Adjustable suspension on the fly! So awesome, just a click of the button and I'm switched from single rider to 2up with baggage. Really cool feature and I really like the suspension over the N1k's

GSA - Gear shift assistant, its a pretty cool feature. Basically to upshift you just do a clutchless upshift but with a constant throttle and the bike will auto match the revs for you by killing the engine and starting it up at the correct moment. I was impressed with how smooth it was though I'm able to shift smoother with the clutch.

RTA - Radial turn assistant, very impressed with this feature. All you have to do is tip the bike into the turn and then just control the throttle, the bike will do the rest for you.

ASC - Automatic stability control, i.e. traction control. I've been told this is also known as wheelie control, turn it on and pin the throttle to instantly enter warp mode and rocket across the country.

Heated Grips - These grips are heated mother ****er

Tire Pressure Sensor - Senses your tire pressures

There's more features too that make this bike awesome. She has all this to offer and still has a very modest 175 bhp...

I'm so glad to have a bike that doesn't have an understeer problem. It's like wow, this is what a bike should feel like in the turns. I was 99% sure I was going to get another N1k until I really started looking at other options. The seating position is a little sportier than I'd like, I'm going to inquire about risers to get me in a more upright and comfy position

Idk what else to say about this bike, I love it, its awesome, and I'm going to keep it far away from any Toyotas.

Ready for the trip home!

Home sweet home

Which one?

This?

Or this?

Thinking about getting this helmet....

Video will finish uploading in like.... 2hrs...

Link to original page on YouTube.

AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2
EternalNewb
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: S

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R, 2007 Ninja 650R, 2001 F650 Dakar

Congrats!!
EternalNewb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Cycle Randy
ninjette.org member

Name: Randy

Motorcycle(s): EX 300

Nice BMW, I have ridden the K1200 and was impressed, surely this one is even better. Be safe, it gets busy. Good thing it has ABS, you will need it.
Cycle Randy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #4
k-os
ninjette.org sage

Name: Andy

Motorcycle(s): 1988 Honda Hawk NT650, 1989 Honda Hawk NT650, 1997 GSXR750 Track Bike

You forgot to mention the SSSA. <3 them.
k-os is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #5
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Nice ride! Seriously. That thing is awesome!

Lets see it last longer than 6 months.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #6
xaple
ninjette.org guru

Name: Daniel "God"

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250

Reminds me of a Pre-gen ninja 250
xaple is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:14 PM   #7
tfkrocks

Name: Rebecca

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 w/ ABS, 2014 NC700X, 2008 Ninja 250 (sold), 2002 Ninja 250 (sold)

MOTM - Jan '18, Sep '13
Beautiful bike man. Hope you get to enjoy it for a good long time!
tfkrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #8
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Nice ride! Seriously. That thing is awesome!

Lets see it last longer than 6 months.
Idk man, the K1600 is calling my name
AFM #676

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #9
Jono

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

You think your joking, but... idk.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #10
LoneRonin
ninjette.org sage

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

just don't ****ing kill this one too...or yourself. You're far too entertaining. Although killing your bikes is half of what makes you entertaining...

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Gratz
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #12
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

Or this?

THIS!
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #13
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Only 8 minutes left for the video! ARE YOU EXCITE CUZ I PUT LIKE 5 MINS OF EFFORT INTO EDITING IT
AFM #676

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #14
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 28th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
ERHMEHGERD VIDEO IS UP
AFM #676

Old February 28th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #16
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
ESA-II - Adjustable suspension on the fly! So awesome, just a click of the button and I'm switched from single rider to 2up with baggage. Really cool feature and I really like the suspension over the N1k's

GSA - Gear shift assistant, its a pretty cool feature. Basically to upshift you just do a clutchless upshift but with a constant throttle and the bike will auto match the revs for you by killing the engine and starting it up at the correct moment. I was impressed with how smooth it was though I'm able to shift smoother with the clutch.

RTA - Radial turn assistant, very impressed with this feature. All you have to do is tip the bike into the turn and then just control the throttle, the bike will do the rest for you.
Suspension thing is cool. That would be convenient as heck.

GSA is just a quick-shifter right?

RTA... hmmm sounds like the same thing as the handlebars to me? I'm confused what it really is.

I want to see this thing on your cross-country trip. Sounds like a great bike.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 02:16 AM   #17
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
No the GSA is a shift assisted, basically, you just don't use the clutch to upshift. So, it 'assists' you in up shifting. I'll bring the k13 if my Gf decides she wants to come
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 06:46 AM   #18
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

Quote:
It works well enough at full throttle; it's a little clunky at anything less.

Quote:
Careful, you almost fooled Unregistered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
GSA is just a quick-shifter right?
Yes.

Quote:
No the GSA is a shift assisted, basically, you just don't use the clutch to upshift. So, it 'assists' you in up shifting.
That's exactly what a quick-shifter is. It senses pressure on the shift lever, and cuts power/revs to the engine automatically for a fraction of a second to better allow the gearbox to shift up without needing to disengage the clutch.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM   #19
Bigballsofpaint

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): 2015 636 ABS - 69 Honda 305

although i dont know if id ever get something so touring oriented, plus i hate saddle bags. That suspension feature is really nice, i would like that on the n1k for sure, the rest no big deal. Nice bike though, the beamer crowd have their own little world is seems.
Bigballsofpaint is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM   #20
NDspd
1/4 English, 3/4 Kick Ass

Name: Jeremy

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Triumph Speed Triple 955i, '05 Suzuki SV650S(retired), '11 Ninja 250R(sold)

Very nice choice man...I love the BMW sport and sport touring bikes. How does it ride in comparison to other bikes? Is it heavy through the corners? How's the power delivery?
NDspd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:33 AM   #21
SteveL
old git

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): BMW K1300S

Copy cat
So now you have a real bike
Enjoy

Steve

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:49 AM   #22
Yasko
Texas Newbie

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): 07 Ninja EX250, 07 FZ6

I hate you...

That's a dream bike for me, black with the blue wheels.
Yasko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM   #23
xSean13

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Nice bike, glad to see you're already thinking ahead about which bike you'll get when you crash this one.
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM   #24
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigballsofpaint View Post
although i dont know if id ever get something so touring oriented, plus i hate saddle bags. That suspension feature is really nice, i would like that on the n1k for sure, the rest no big deal. Nice bike though, the beamer crowd have their own little world is seems.
What is "so touring oriented" about this bike? If you look on BMWs website they have this bike listed right next to the s1000rr under sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDspd View Post
Very nice choice man...I love the BMW sport and sport touring bikes. How does it ride in comparison to other bikes? Is it heavy through the corners? How's the power delivery?
Compared to the n1k, it is heavier but only at slower speeds. The power delivery honestly feels the same as the n1k but then again I haven't gone wot and probably never will. Power band starts at 3.5k. This bike is solid through turns, really amazing. I would feel 100% comfortable learning how to drag knee on this bike.

It is tougher to tip in to corners. I think it has a less severe rake than the n1k and the handlebars are lower down but this bike feels way more stable at speed. I shook the bars at highway speeds and the Beamer didn't get upset at all. The n1k hated that, I was considering getting damper for it before I crashed
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:16 AM   #25
hirubhaiambani
Ninjette Fanboy

Name: HB

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja250

Congrats dude! Have fun with this awesome machine.
hirubhaiambani is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 12:45 PM   #26
LNasty
Daily Jap rider

Name: Lance

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250r

can you do a video without the ghetto rap so we can actually hear the bike
LNasty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM   #27
Bigballsofpaint

THe large 1 piece seat, higher wind deflection on the legs (at least the picture looks like it covers more) and the saddle bags make it seem more toruing oriented in my eyes. I know the n1k has a saddlebag option, but i have no intention of getting it. The top case alone it killing me to get, but for the trips im doing im gonna need something.

Old March 1st, 2013, 02:58 PM   #28
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

Its a beauty. Nice choice
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #29
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
THe large 1 piece seat, higher wind deflection on the legs (at least the picture looks like it covers more) and the saddle bags make it seem more toruing oriented in my eyes. I know the n1k has a saddlebag option, but i have no intention of getting it. The top case alone it killing me to get, but for the trips im doing im gonna need something.
The saddle bags are an option, they come off. You know supersports used to have banana seats right? And the wind deflection is for when going 186 mph
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:37 PM   #30
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Like the n1k, it is what you make it
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:48 PM   #31
Bigballsofpaint

Quote:
The saddle bags are an option, they come off. You know supersports used to have banana seats right? And the wind deflection is for when going 186 mph

Key word, use to. And for the guy who doesnt go past 6k, i dont think youll be needing the wind deflection at 186mph. I know saddlebags are an option, they are on the N1k. As long as you like it, thats all that matters

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:54 PM   #32
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
crashes 250, buys 650. crashes 650 buys 1000. crashes 1000 buys 1300? pretty soon you'll be stuffing a 7 liter cummins turbo diesel in a bike frame...

Old March 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #33
CC Cowboy

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
I love dat song. I'll be singing it all night now. It's one of the songs that stick with you. Oyea bitches, nice bike (for now).

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old March 1st, 2013, 04:38 PM   #34
mlj2093
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Kawi 250 SE

Congrats! Thats an awesome bike. You can't go wrong with BMW.
mlj2093 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:50 PM   #35
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex.s View Post
crashes 250, buys 650. crashes 650 buys 1000. crashes 1000 buys 1300? pretty soon you'll be stuffing a 7 liter cummins turbo diesel in a bike frame...
U got ur facts all ****ed in the ass
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #36
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
i'm just jelly.

like this girl:

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #37
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
Quote:
Key word, use to. And for the guy who doesnt go past 6k, i dont think youll be needing the wind deflection at 186mph. I know saddlebags are an option, they are on the N1k. As long as you like it, thats all that matters
Your definition of touring is intriguing. If you like the n1k you'd love the k13
AFM #676

Old March 1st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #38
antiant
antiant

Name: antiant

Motorcycle(s): None

MOTM - Oct '14
+1 for Mac Dre, that is all.
antiant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 09:33 PM   #39
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

God I love that bike. Beauty!
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:42 PM   #40
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

MOTM - Apr '13
God this bike is so ****ing sick. Pulled up next to a K1600 today and looked over at him, he had a schuberth on too and we each gave a nod... **** yeah
AFM #676