Notices

Old February 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM   #201
Falcor
The Luck Dragon

Name: William

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja ZX-6R B/W

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT505 View Post
I have the same helmet, is there any reason you put it on the side instead of the top? I just mounted my gopro to the top of mine but if you found it works better on the side maybe I should switch it up. Just curious.
I have not done any experiments but my thinking was that the top of the helmet was designed to be aerodynamic and if you put the camera up there it might make a lot of noticable disturbance. So by putting it on the side I figured the air would pass around it a lot easier. Plus as far as evidence goes it shows where your head is looking, because even if it's on top of your helmet people don't know that because you can't see it in footage.
Falcor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:00 AM   #202
KawiKid860
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Murphey

Motorcycle(s): 2002 Honda 919, 2004 Ninja 500R NAKED

I put it on the side because it seems like a more popular place to put cameras and I believe it shows my personal FOV better. The visor of the variant may also be in the way for top mounting as well. I just think the side works overall better. You can also barely feel it even at high speeds. I strongly recommend against visor mounting a camera on the variant however, it caught a ton of wind and made my neck really tired and also slightly obstructed my view.
KawiKid860 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM   #203
KawiKid860

Heres vlog #5 for you guys too if you wanna watch

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #204
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Some constructive criticism of this vlog:
  1. Be more firm on your 1-2 up shift
  2. No, the power band rush on a 500 is not even close to the power band rush on a 600. Have you ever ridden one? The rush on a super sport is insane fun and induces tunnel vision. The 500 just feels like a torquey 250.
  3. The theory of "I learned on this bike and I did fine, therefore it's a completely fine for everyone to learn on" is what gets so many people starting on 600's.
  4. You admit to never having ridden a 250, so all the comparisons to a 250 carry zero weight. Same with recommending the GSX650 or FZ6R, unless you've ridden those enough to recommend them personally.
  5. "Growing with the bike"? Same thing as number 3. So many people use that excuse to get a larger bike to start on. You never buy a bike to grow into. You buy a bike that matches your skill level. That's why you start on a bicycle with training wheels before buying a full carbon road bike. It's a motorcycle, not a suit jacket; there's no growing into it.
  6. If someone's riding up your butt, it's because you're going to slow for the lane you're in. Move right and let them past.
  7. Clean up your language a bit.

Other than that, nice scenery.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old February 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #205
KawiKid860

I'm gonna respectfully disagree with most of what you said. The stuff about the starter bike is all a matter of opinion so while you say what I say carries no weight, others may disagree. Most people here say the 250 is the best starter, go to a different forum and you'll hear countless stories of people who started on middle ground 600/650cc bikes and never had an issue. It's all a matter of opinion. I also specified the power bump on the 500 isn't like a 600.

I never said "I started on this bike and did fine so everyone else should be okay on it too." I actually gave examples of why different bikes would be better for different people. I made it pretty clear what I meant by "growing with the bike" ie you don't want to start out going WOT your first time on the bike, so you take it easy and gradually increase the amount of throttle you give the bike based on what you're personally comfortable with. What you're saying is that if someone gets on a 250 for the first time and doesn't feel comfortable attempting to launch and go WOT, they should start on something smaller.

Also, I couldn't move over due to traffic in the other lane and I was already going a good 5 over the lady behind me just apparently couldn't control her speed going down hill. Slowing down isn't the safest way to handle a tailgater I know but sometimes its just satisfying.

Did you actually listen to any of what I said in the video? I feel like I made my points fairly clear and you missed them completely. It's nothing personal, I can see why you would respond the way you did, just not to what I said.

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #206
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Not to be that guy who picks apart a post sentence by sentence, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawiKid860 View Post
The stuff about the starter bike is all a matter of opinion so while you say what I say carries no weight, others may disagree.
Carrying weight means you have some personal experience or explicit knowledge that makes you an authority on a topic.

A comparison of two bikes only carries weight if you have experience riding both bikes being compared. If you have never ridden a 250, any comparison you make to a 250 carries no weight; you have no experience to back up your comparison.

That would be like me making comparisons between a Harley and a Victory on how they ride. Sure, I can use Google all I want and spit out other people's thoughts, but my claims mean nothing because I have no experience on either bike.

Quote:
I also specified the power bump on the 500 isn't like a 600.
Quote:
And then at about 6-7000 it gets a nice bump, just like a 600 would, but without the ridiculously extreme power. That being said, it's just like a ninja 250 but with a lot more power when you need it.
If you've ever ridden a 600cc super sport bike, you would never even consider saying that first sentence. Besides, you should never "need" more power. You should be aware of your surroundings instead. That being said, I do love the 600cc bikes that I've ridden and have nothing against them. Some of them make great street bikes. The extra oomph is definitely fun. But wants =/= needs.

Quote:
I made it pretty clear what I meant by "growing with the bike" ie you don't want to start out going WOT your first time on the bike, so you take it easy and gradually increase the amount of throttle you give the bike based on what you're personally comfortable with.
Quote:
When you're new and you don't wanna go fast, you can take it real easy, keep it under 6000, there's more than enough power down low. Then when you're more experienced and you're ready to open it up a bit more, you can grow with the bike.
That's exactly what people who start on big bikes say. It's just not going to happen. Look at who rides sport bikes in very general terms; people who are interested in performance vehicles. Do you really think that suggesting they stay under x rpm's and x throttle is realistic?

Quote:
What you're saying is that if someone gets on a 250 for the first time and doesn't feel comfortable attempting to launch and go WOT, they should start on something smaller.
Did I ever say anything about WOT? Anything about launching? Anything about any riding techniques/advice for that matter?

Nope.

I said that for a starter bike, you should buy a bike that matches your skill level.

Don't forget that someone who is completely new to riding needs to get accustomed to not only how to physically control a motorcycle, but also being on a bike in traffic, and becoming more aware of their surroundings because of the extra danger of riding. They need to learn to be aware of their SR's as well. A bike that is forgiving and easy to control takes some of the bike-control variables out of the picture and allows a rider to focus on the other aspects of learning.

If someone already has years of dirt experience before they start on a street bike, they know their abilities and won't have to ask what bike to buy.

Quote:
Also, I couldn't move over due to traffic in the other lane and I was already going a good 5 over the lady behind me just apparently couldn't control her speed going down hill.
There's an entire right lane without anyone in it at 11:47.

Quote:
Did you actually listen to any of what I said in the video? I feel like I made my points fairly clear and you missed them completely.
Yes, I watched it twice completely.

Your overall theme was centered around power. Power is your only comparison point for bikes. Power this, power that. This is in the same mentality as your posts about the new 500 and how horrible it would be to lose 15 hp. Choosing a bike is not all about power. It's how the package as a whole suits you and your skill level as a rider.

Power (and drag coefficient) is really only a valid comparison if you're comparing top speed of two vehicles. If you're going to compare two bikes on nothing but engine/drivetrain specs, compare the torque curve and gearing ratios, not the power output.

I have ridden a 500 on multiple occasions for around 100 miles total. I'm aware how they perform and handle. They're fine bikes. Maybe a little more than I could have handled as a beginner, but definitely not a terrible choice by a long shot. Please don't take this as me starting a flame war on the 500 because I'm not.

I just think that if you're going to talk about how friendly a bike is to learning riders, you should talk about other things besides power. If you're going to talk about growing into a bike, talk about the forgiving handling that is still fast once you know what you're doing. Talk about the brakes that have tons of power for late braking but not so much bite that they will overwhelm a newbie. Don't talk about growing into the power of a bike. That's all.

Old February 24th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #207
KawiKid860

Quote:
That's exactly what people who start on big bikes say.
Yes and what you're saying is exactly what people who start on small bikes say. From my point of view what bike you should start on is what you personally can handle. So if someone wants a 650 over a 250 and they can handle it, then by all means I think they should get the 650. It's an argument that has no right answer and will be argued over until the world ends and there's nobody left to argue.

Quote:
I just think that if you're going to talk about how friendly a bike is to learning riders, you should talk about other things besides power.
^That is the kind of criticism I like. It would have been better if I talked more about the handling of the bike, however I do recall mentioning that the 500 handles great however it has a squishy suspension (just like a ninjette right?) that's fine enough for the streets. But if I compared the handling of different bikes when all I've primarily ridden is the 500, wouldn't that carry no weight by your standards? The point of the video was to give my perspective on the 500 and a little bit of what I think about other bikes. Power is also an important thing, some people say the 250 has enough if you know what you're doing, others say that it doesn't always have enough for every situation. I can't give my own opinion on this because I haven't ridden one. But the 500 will always have more than enough power so it's something you don't need to worry about. You don't need to have a running start to pass someone on a 500, hell most of the time you don't even need to leave 6th gear. I didn't try to give a first person perspective on any bike but the 500, I fully admitted to not having ridden any others that I was discussing. I conveyed my opinion on the 500 then brought up some stuff about the 250 and other bikes I had heard from places like this forum. I'm not taking this as a direct shot at the 500, or me, I just disagree with some of what you're saying and I think maybe you missed what I was trying to say in the video. Thanks for the handling tip though, too bad I can't just magically add that in lol.

For the record, I have a handling mentality too, I plan on upgrading the suspension on my 500 at some point this spring. But power is important to me as well, I like what my 500 has and I certainly would be okay with more to an extent, but going down in power would be unfavorable for me unless it was a big drop down to like 250 level for an efficient, fun commuter/city bike as a stablemate for my 500. A torque based bike just doesn't sound fun to ride to me, like riding an appliance I guess. The 500 has a little spirit to it and still has plenty of usable mid range.

I'd rather not continue arguing lol I think more or less our opinions just differ on this. In terms of how the vlog actually turned out aside from just the topic, I thought #5 was my best so far. Been too busy to really do much more lately though

Old February 25th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #208
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
You never answered my question: do you think it's realistic to put someone on a motorcycle and tell them to keep it under x rpm's? I say no, and not just because I started on a small bike.

Yes, the vlog itself was better. Your mic setup isn't bad at all.

Old February 25th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #209
KawiKid860

Quote:
You never answered my question: do you think it's realistic to put someone on a motorcycle and tell them to keep it under x rpm's? I say no, and not just because I started on a small bike.
Eh to be dead honest with you, I think that truly depends on the rider. In most cases, no, I don't think someone will religiously keep it under x rpms, however a responsible new rider will likely have the self control to keep their speed and acceleration in check most of the time.

The mic produces clear audio even at freeway speeds but it makes my voice sound unnatural compared to real life... I guess that's just how it works. Oh and for the record I still really want a 250 (well more a 300 now, you know more power) and I'm gonna put my moms honda metropolitan scooter up for sale/trade for a ninjette so if I'm lucky I'll end up with one in the coming months

Old February 25th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #210
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Track bike

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #211
hamm
ninjette.org member

Name: ham

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 09

Hey KawiKid,

I just subbed you on youtube, but to be honest I'm not a big fan of the camera facing the rider, I'd much rather see what's going on around you and listening to your voice (but that's just me)

Just remember that if you've decided to be a content producer like us motovloggers, there will always be opinions of your work by others and you should take all of it on board and use it to improve your future content.

I think choneofakind gave some really good feedback and I personally would really value him as a subscriber because it shows that he (or she?) is really engaging with the content and not just watching a minute and closing the window.

You should make a note of some of his points and either respond to it in another similar video or try and make your future vlogs more neutral and mention that this is just your opinion/you might be wrong/etc.

Anyway, like I said - I've subbed so keep up the videos and if you have any questions about motovlogging, let me know.

www.youtube.com/user/tastyhamsandwhich | motovlogger
hamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #212
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oh see, I liked the camera looking back at him. You don't see that as much.

Old February 25th, 2013, 06:07 PM   #213
hamm
ninjette.org member

Name: ham

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Oh see, I liked the camera looking back at him. You don't see that as much.
It's just that I like to see different cities around the world (harder to see with this camera set up)

www.youtube.com/user/tastyhamsandwhich | motovlogger
hamm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #214
KawiKid860

Thanks for the feedback from both of you! Yes while somewhat disagreeing with choneofakind (I'm still unsure of how to properly shorten your name) I do value the feedback and I was probably a bit too confrontational (can't quite think of a better word at the moment) about it, so I apologize. I was planning on heading out and vlogging a bit today and addressing some of the points he made, I've just been really busy and drained from work/school/life, you know, so haven't been able to vlog much. Anyways thanks for the feedback from both of you! I do value it and so far I haven't been getting a whole lot so that makes the little I do get even better.

P.S. The camera facing me was just to test it out for actual vlogging, I like it but I'm going to primarily use a helmet cam view until I get a second camera then I'll probably do both. I think having the camera facing me might help me vlog though because I can address the camera as if it were an audience or a person or something.

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #215
KawiKid860

And thanks for the sub!

Old February 26th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #216
choneofakind

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Hey no worries man. I come off a little preachy.

Just call me Chris, it's my name after all.

but the forum favorites are Chone, chone, chode, chodette, chodey, etc...

I'll keep playing devils advocate. I'll just be nicer about it from now on. Sound like a plan?

Old February 26th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #217
KawiKid860

Alright, chode! I kid I kid! I just recorded a couple vlogs worth of footage but I never know if its worthy of uploading until I start editing it lol. I'm still learning. So potentially 3 videos coming up soon.

Sounds like a plan to me!

Old March 2nd, 2013, 04:50 AM   #218
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Name: Mike

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Favorite Ninja 250 Motovlogs

Was curious to see what motovlogs people on here are sub'd to as there are so many featuring riders with a ninja 250.

I often find it's the best alternative I can find to riding when it's too cold/snowy or my friend isn't around to spot me since I only have a permit until April.

Some of my favorites are:

Blinkycab
Iamramkein
JonnyNoSkillz
YamiLionheart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:12 AM   #219
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

I used to watch a lot of Blinkycab's videos but it's been awhile since I've checked any out.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 05:33 AM   #220
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

http://www.youtube.com/user/tastyham...?feature=watch
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:49 AM   #221
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE, '15 CRF110F, '13 TT-R50E

/merged

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM   #222
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica View Post
I used to watch a lot of Blinkycab's videos but it's been awhile since I've checked any out.
He hasn't uploaded anything new in a very long time. Also while watching another vlog the rider stated that he had learned that blinkycab was selling his bike, without intention of buying a new one, so he may have fallen on hard times

Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:32 AM   #223
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Old thread, but since yami revived it, I'll put my and say I love watching Serpentza's videos, entertaining and informative.

http://www.youtube.com/user/serpentza
xSean13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:39 PM   #224
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Oh nothing could beat Dudeman aka Cycle Cruza,

Basically he's a noob that a year ago bought a Chinese scooter, crashed it (because of leaves on the road lol), pulled it apart, couldn't fix it, bought another and it broke so he parted it out,
then he bought a cbr250 and after 3 months said he'd 'outgrown' it,
Now he's bought a cbr600 and makes vids giving the worst advice to noobs,
He rides like a f@ckwit with one hand while waffling all sorts of bs into a mic.

Been kicked off every forum because he likes to do things 'his way' in spite of experienced folk bothering to care.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CycleCruza/videos?view=0

He bans anyones comments, and makes profiles basically saying 'Oh wow man you are a motorcyclist god'
He even makes video reviews on how to open a box or use a spray can.

http://cyclecruza.com/

At first we thought he was just taking the pyss, sad thing is he is serious.

Its a train wreck filming is own derailment.
Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #225
KawiKid860

My own! I kid lol. Thegardensnake is one of my favorites, because of him I am determined to own a supermoto. I enjoy rebelyell91, he's the one that got me truly interested in motorcycles and made me fall in love with the 08 red ninja 250, although he's going through a period of not being able to vlog due to life, it happens. A fan of a lot of the other AZ vloggers he's associated with too. Bakerxderek is good if not a little bit squidly, I'd never say that in a comment though I'd probably get endless notifications of people talking youtube crap to me so... I also enjoy and envy ricecakeftw, he's got a sweet old VFR and basically lives close to every awesome road in socal.... very jealous.

Old March 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM   #226
DeltaFoxtrotZulu
ninjette.org member

Name: Dan

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300

BaronVonGrumble <- Hilarious.
RidingWithTom <- Used to ride a 250. Now has a new 636.
Roadcraft Nottingham <- Some very informative and interesting videos.
A Riders Life <- Has lots of bikes. Some funny and cool stuff.

I think maybe I'm addicted to english\aus accents.
DeltaFoxtrotZulu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 4th, 2013, 04:04 AM   #227
YamiLionheart
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamm View Post
Ah whoops, obviously didn't read properly.. my search continues
Just added my first "vlog" video to my channel ham (and a ride a 250 ). I sub'd to you a few weeks ago, really enjoy your videos. Reminds me of a 250 vlogger that doesn't upload anymore named blinkycab.

Also to the OP, sub'd and like'd as well! Best of luck with your vlogging, toss me a sub as well if you like what you see! (Not much to see right now, but soon! sooon.... >D )

First "Vlog" :

Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:32 PM   #228
Live2ride

Name: Cody

Motorcycle(s): 06 yzf r6r previously: 09 ninja 250r, black 07 zx6r

my first vlog

hey everyone, here's my first attempt at a vlog on my r6 after finally finding a suitable external mic for my gopro.

Warning, some strong language is used.

Last futzed with by Live2ride; May 2nd, 2013 at 07:54 PM.
Live2ride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM   #229
fmx
troublemaker

Name: Olly

Motorcycle(s): 2012 FZR6R Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride View Post
hey everyone, here's my first attempt at a vlog on my r6 after finally finding a suitable external mic for my gopro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQWXhCruDeM
You have it set to private bud.
fmx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM   #230
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmx View Post
You have it set to private bud.
fixed, thanks. imovie always posts it under private

Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #231
fmx
troublemaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2ride
fixed, thanks. imovie always posts it under private
Only got to watch a few minutes cuz I'm leaving for home in a min but I'll finish it later. Nice bike! Oh and thanks for the "F*CKIN DONUTS!" sent echoing through my office lol.

P.S. Insanely jealous of the roads you have there.....

Old May 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM   #232
Live2ride

Quote:
Only got to watch a few minutes cuz I'm leaving for home in a min but I'll finish it later. Nice bike! Oh and thanks for the "F*CKIN DONUTS!" echoing through my office lol.

P.S. Insanely jealous of the roads you have there.....
Thanks, and I edited the first post to include a warning, lol. I just made it omw to work this morning and uploaded it here so I didn't have any time to edit it. I just cut out a few minutes for the YouTube limit and posted.

Yea, we have some great roads here, on my next blog I'll try and take a more scenic route. I wasn't planning to make a vlog actually, I was just testing my mic in a new position and since it worked I figured wth.

Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #233
KawiKid860

Pretty good first vlog. Is it just me or do you ride in the middle of the road a lot? Definitely can relate to not being able to go WOT on 600s too often, but I love having all of this wonderful power attached to my right wrist I wish I could vlog more, don't even have one up on the new bike yet dang school and work no time.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:11 AM   #234
Live2ride

Quote:
Pretty good first vlog. Is it just me or do you ride in the middle of the road a lot? Definitely can relate to not being able to go WOT on 600s too often, but I love having all of this wonderful power attached to my right wrist I wish I could vlog more, don't even have one up on the new bike yet dang school and work no time.
Thanks, I feel like I need to condense my future blogs to maybe 5-8minutes to keep more interest. Yes, I do tend to ride in the center of the lane as I've found it leaves me the most room for avoidance and as I'm sure you know, vlogging is definitely a distraction while riding so I choose lane position carefully.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:23 AM   #235
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
A bit scattered subject matter but a fine first vlog.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 3rd, 2013, 05:39 AM   #236
Live2ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
A bit scattered subject matter but a fine first vlog.
I agree about the subject matter being scattered, I know some of that was from missed transitions due to having to shorten the clip and some was just me blabbing on and not paying attention. I'll try to condense my next vlog to a narrower band of topics and discuss them in more detail.

Any suggestions on topics you'de like to hear my thoughts on? I hope to make some nice how-to videos about basic riding techniques for new riders as I found them very helpful when other vloggers did so .

Old May 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM   #237
Live2ride

i had a 30 minute ride home today so I spent the time making a bunch of vlogs for me to choose from just to find out when I get home that my external mic wasn't recording.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #238
fmx
troublemaker

I think it was awesome. I'd do one but hearing my own voice played back creeps me out too much. I did order a camera mount though so at least now I can film my recklessness lol.

Old May 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM   #239
Live2ride

Quote:
I think it was awesome. I'd do one but hearing my own voice played back creeps me out too much. I did order a camera mount though so at least now I can film my recklessness lol.
Thanks a lot! I've wanted to vlog for years and it's pretty cool to finally start; I agree it's a little odd listening to myself talk, sounds kinda nasally bc I have a cold, lol. It's a shame my vlog this morning was ruined by the mic, it went much smoother and I rode some great back roads.

Old May 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #240
Live2ride

Here's my second vlog. In this one I discuss my gear choice as I ride a back road to town. I had to compress the video to upload it to youtube so there was some quality loss.