ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > None of the above > The Ex-Ninjetters Lair

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:02 AM   #1
edxmon
ninjette.org guru

Name: Ed

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R (SOLD - 2/16/2013)

Welp, sold the Ninjette 2 weeks ago

Since fall of last year some dude at my work wanted to buy the bike off of me because he didn't have any transportation, and I said fine, just let me know when you get the money (I had given him a price and he agreed, at this point i wasn't even considering on selling the bike but I gave him the price for which I would let it go). Then he started acting like a b*tch, lowballing me because he wasn't old enough to take the written test without the MSF course and he wanted me to discount that (the value of the MSF course) off the value of the bike, not to mention include one of my helmets and give him lessons before he went to the MSF course. I said "f*ck this" and posted it on CL, and ended up getting $500 over what he was trying to give me.

Sold it for $3k, with 11k miles, proof of all the maintanance I had done, a full tank (~$12) and driven to the guys house (around 25mi). I think I came out good with this one. It was a sad last ride and I hope this guy takes good care of what I babied for a year. I know it was only a year but I did make some memories with this bike, some good and some bad. Close calls, wheelies, lots of riders waving back, desert dirt roads, the MSF course. It was good times, with good people on a great bike.

I hope to still visit here every once in a while.

I rode my cousins R6 and it wasn't as intimidating as I thought, then again I wasn't gunning it, I guess it REALLY IS the rider and not the bike. Even though he said he feels I'm ready for a 600 I think I've fallen in love with small displacement bikes. I'm looking to get a Bandit 400 of CL with 16k miles for around $1000. I though the ninjette had enough power for what I needed and it never let me down. The 50hp of the Bandit should give me a bit more excitement from that little inline 4.

Thank you all for all your friendship and support, ride safe and see you all out there on two wheels

Last futzed with by edxmon; March 2nd, 2013 at 02:19 PM.
edxmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #2
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Gratz on the sale. and good luck with your next bike purchase. Don't be a stranger, come hang out every now and then.

Safe travels!
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 6th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Z300
Ninja noobie

Name: NOOBIE

Motorcycle(s): ninja 250r

gl with the new bike and ride safe
Z300 is offline   Reply With Quote