Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old May 1st, 2012, 05:40 PM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[sportrider - latest stories] - Casey Stoner’s arm pump problems continue

Casey Stoner’s arm pump problems continue

Yes, Stoner was victorious in Jerez, but the arm problems continue to plague him despite going through treatment that was successful in the pastBROOKLYN, NY, MAY 1 –Repsol Honda’s Casey Stoner was worried when he suffered arm pump in the season-opening Qatar Grand Prix, but not overly so. The last time his forearms had tightened up he was able remedy the situation in a matter of days. With nearly three weeks between Qatar and the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez, he was hopeful that was more than enough time to be racing fit. And with two days of mostly wet practice and qualifying, he effectively got a reprieve from the high g-forces of dry track racing. Only in Sunday’s race would he know the state of his health. On about the fifth lap, he got his answer.

“I did a few laps at the front and then started feeling it and I was not feeling great,” Stoner said after winning the Spanish Grand Prix at Jerez for the first time. “Maybe the grip levels were lower than what we had in Qatar, but it just started to feel like it was swelling up and it was like ‘No, this isn’t happening again.’ I thought about doing the same in Qatar and backing off a little bit and stay smooth and try and save my arm but it didn't work and it still ended up blowing out.”

Photo Gallery: Casey Stoner's arm pump problems continue - Sport Rider Magazine

Casey Stoner’s arm pump problems continue | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

Click here for full story...