ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Notices

Old July 3rd, 2018, 11:09 AM   #41
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
How interesting... As I am taking an ethics class right now. I find it difficult to not interject my opinions on certain subjects.

Old July 3rd, 2018, 07:58 PM   #42
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
Bite my tongue... I'll let you know if I ever get a handle on that.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2018, 03:49 AM   #43
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Bite my tongue... I'll let you know if I ever get a handle on that.

just uh, change that to "she"

at work, I have a slight handle on it so I can keep my job, but any other time...nah. I say what I think and don't hold back. online or off.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2018, 04:06 AM   #44
VaFish

Name: Tom

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250, 2019 Harley Ultra Classic, 2001 Suzuki SV650

MOTM - Jan '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
...but what I am asking is... what causes you to bite your tongue?
This line on the home page:

Quote:
Welcome to ninjette.org, the friendliest Kawasaki Ninja 300/250R site on the net.
VaFish is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old July 21st, 2018, 08:52 AM   #45
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
What causes me to bite my tongue....
Depends, sometimes respect for other's feelings or the person themselves, my job, time and place.

I dont when others are at risk of injury or harm. I do not when someone tries to belittle me or when challenged about what I know to be fact (and can back it up). When dealing with the egotistical maintenance manager who thinks women do not belong in the work place, I dont hold back.

Old July 21st, 2018, 11:51 AM   #46
Ram Jet

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
This should be an interesting thread. We are normally very open to giving our 2cents when needed, but what I am asking is... what causes you to bite your tongue?

Subjects/conditions given when keeping your mouth shut is the best course of action;

Knowns;
Rip threads
Crashing
Elders or more experienced riders chatting about very complex subject matter.

What else keeps you pie hole shut?
Snowflakes.

Bill

Old July 21st, 2018, 08:34 PM   #47
DannoXYZ

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
at work, I have a slight handle on it so I can keep my job, but any other time...nah. I say what I think and don't hold back. online or off.
Could this possibly have anything to do with why those folks who promised to take you practice riding suddenly being unavailable???
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 21st, 2018, 09:26 PM   #48
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
How interesting... As I am taking an ethics class right now. I find it difficult to not interject my opinions on certain subjects.
Good for you!

Bill

Old July 22nd, 2018, 03:25 AM   #49
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Could this possibly have anything to do with why those folks who promised to take you practice riding suddenly being unavailable???
would someone thanking you up and down and telling you how awesome you are offend you? I would hope not. the extent of my conversations with the first guy had to do with the sale of my bike. He was a great help while my main salesperson was at his second job. we talked about the bike, he gave me the link to Motorcycle Ohio, he did his job very well and I felt comfortable asking him if he would help. when he told me to hold off on adjusting my shifter and preload, I explained my concern about not adjusting the shifter but told him I would trust him because of his experience. Nothing I can think of there that would make someone do that.

as for the second guy, he jumped into my conversation I was having with a bank teller and we ended up talking for around 20 minutes. It turned out he was an old friend of a friend and we kept talking on facebook. nothing that could offend somebody there.

Just because I say what I think doesn't mean I'm a rude b*. It might come off that way in a situation where the person doesn't want to hear the truth about something, but I know how to be tactful when needed.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2018, 02:45 PM   #50
Caoboy
ninjette.org member

Name: Steven

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I went to lunch at the local gyro shop a few weeks ago. Was carrying my Kindle.

Gyro guy: "What'cha reading?"
Me: "Oh, a book about physics." (Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes, excellent)
Gryo guy: "Let me ask you a question. Prove to me that gravity exists."
Me: "Well, Einstein showed that it's a warping of spacetime...."
Gyro guy: "Einstein was a fraud! rant, rant, rant...."

I backed away slowly.....
You should have dropped your Gyro on his head. "Prove to me it doesn't and give me back my sandwich"
Caoboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:27 PM   #51
DannoXYZ

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
I went to lunch at the local gyro shop a few weeks ago. Was carrying my Kindle.

Gyro guy: "What'cha reading?"
Me: "Oh, a book about physics." (Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes, excellent)
Gryo guy: "Let me ask you a question. Prove to me that gravity exists."
Me: "Well, Einstein showed that it's a warping of spacetime...."
Gyro guy: "Einstein was a fraud! rant, rant, rant...."

I backed away slowly.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
You should have dropped your Gyro on his head. "Prove to me it doesn't and give me back my sandwich"
heheheh...

Over decades, I've discovered futility of trying to change certain types of people's minds. Doesn't matter how "right" you are or how "wrong" they are, it won't make one bit of difference. So I don't bother wasting time and breath. I wish I had discovered this ages ago, it would've made life so much easier for me!

Now for me, I always think about what kind of effect I want to produce in world before I utter my 1st word. And if I won't be able to produce effect desired, I keep my trap shut. Results I look for are:

1. is it beneficial and fair to all concerned?
2. will it foster goodwill and relationships?
3. is it truth?

Last one I've had most difficulty with because as humans, our senses are flawed and can never access full truth; just our interpretations of it. For example, when objective and calculating instrument displays "70F", some people will say, "Darnit, it's freezing in here", while others will say, "It's damn toasty in here, turn on AC!". Completely opposing views of world for exact same situation.

That's why I'll try and confirm other's views on things before making up my mind. In order to produce results I want, it doesn't matter what I think most of time, it's what majority out there thinks that matters. Especially those with direct influence to produce situations I want. Since starting new position 18-months ago here in S.F. Bay Area after moving up from Santa Barbara, I've been promoted 3x, doubled my salary; faster than anyone else in my group. I'm even with someone who've been here 10-years. I attribute that to keen listening and observation abilities, and keeping trap shut unless it makes difference. I wished I learned decades ago that higher and higher you go, less and less skills and production ability makes difference. It's all about who you know and how much they like you.

Old July 22nd, 2018, 05:35 PM   #52
DannoXYZ

Also, being minority, I'm really glad they did away with silly "affirmative action" plans with employment and schools around here (I didn't get into Cal because of it). I really thought they seriously hurt very people in those groups they were trying to "help" by juggling numbers. It was just 35,000-foot high game for politicians to look good from afar, but at bottom level, it was actually harmful to minorities.

Old August 23rd, 2018, 01:20 PM   #53
professor gascan
ninjette.org member

Name: adam

Motorcycle(s): '10 Red Ninja 250r

Strictly motorcycle forum related that crosses my mind every time is the "wished they made X sub 400cc bike a 4 cylinder".

Every time they release a new small displacement bike, the threads about them fill with pointless posts about it. I don't think people realize that a i4 400cc cost just as much to make as a i4 600, and 600 sportbikes aren't exactly flying off the showroom floor. The only reason it happened in the first place is a unique period and circumstances in Japan. To price them even close to what a consumer might pay when it's sitting next to a 600 they'd have to sell them at a loss.

As much as I'd torture myself over buying one if they'd make them again, I just don't see it happening. Besides, what does it do on the street (where I ride 100% of the time), that a new N400 won't.

Now that Kawi seems to have a solid platform to build off of. What I'd really like is for them to offer special editions that aren't a few $100's worth of stickers, and charge $1500 more for better brakes and suspension for the people who might keep they're "beginner" bike, Oh, I don't know, forever. And even that seems a bit of a pipe dream. I'd be at the nearest Kawi dealer for a $6500-ish n400 with ss levels of brakes and suspenders. But even that sounds unlikely.

Honestly, if I'm gonna wish for something that's not gonna happen. It's a new 911 filled with $100 bills with just enough room left over for Scarlet Johanssen.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old August 23rd, 2018, 03:41 PM   #54
Ram Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor gascan View Post
Strictly motorcycle forum related that crosses my mind every time is the "wished they made X sub 400cc bike a 4 cylinder".

Every time they release a new small displacement bike, the threads about them fill with pointless posts about it. I don't think people realize that a i4 400cc cost just as much to make as a i4 600, and 600 sportbikes aren't exactly flying off the showroom floor. The only reason it happened in the first place is a unique period and circumstances in Japan. To price them even close to what a consumer might pay when it's sitting next to a 600 they'd have to sell them at a loss.

As much as I'd torture myself over buying one if they'd make them again, I just don't see it happening. Besides, what does it do on the street (where I ride 100% of the time), that a new N400 won't.

Now that Kawi seems to have a solid platform to build off of. What I'd really like is for them to offer special editions that aren't a few $100's worth of stickers, and charge $1500 more for better brakes and suspension for the people who might keep they're "beginner" bike, Oh, I don't know, forever. And even that seems a bit of a pipe dream. I'd be at the nearest Kawi dealer for a $6500-ish n400 with ss levels of brakes and suspenders. But even that sounds unlikely.

Honestly, if I'm gonna wish for something that's not gonna happen. It's a new 911 filled with $100 bills with just enough room left over for Scarlet Johanssen.
Great post! I'll take an Alfa Romeo Spyder Veloce, keep the $100.00 bills and give me Scrarlet's sister - or mom.

Bill

Old September 10th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #55
Ducati999

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I was really scared to read some of this thread. I like and respect all the members on this site and did not want to see any one of them buying into anything too crazy. Glad to see most if not all have clear (not empty) heads------or maybe I should not have said anything?
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote