ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old November 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM   #1
setasai
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R Green

Corbin Seat Owners

Update 2011-11-19: Nevermind. I gave up and did something else.

As some of you may know, I am currently reshaping my seat because I am tired of dealing with it and also because I enjoy DIY projects with a practical outcome.

So now I am calling everybody with either a professionally reshaped seat, personally modded seat, and those with corbins to post a photo of their seat from the top, both sides, and diagonally as well as information where it is raised, where it is dimpled, and how sloped the seat is.

To determine slope put a straight edge from the back of the seat towards the tank level to the ground. Then measure the distance from the back of the seat horizontally until it is at the lowest part of the seat AND the distance from that straight edge down. This will give me 2 sides of a triangle and with that information I will calculate the angle. Please do not do this on a rear stand because rear stands will change the slope of the entire bike.

I understand that this is not an exact science and there are a lot of curvatures to take into account but a rough estimate would help greatly.

Thanks in advance to all those who participate. I hope this project is as successful as my sidecases were.

Last futzed with by setasai; November 18th, 2011 at 07:12 PM.
setasai is offline   Reply With Quote