ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old April 16th, 2010, 10:19 PM   #1
stryder
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition

putting the black side fairings back on the rubber grommets

you know the rubber things that the hold black side fairings....where they "snap" into when you take them off/on your bike?

on each side theres two in the front and one in the rear by the back end of the seat

im having trouble getting it to snap into that one...the rear one below the seat

theres no way you can reach around to the other side and line it up or push it through because the seat is right there, and you need to have the seat on before you put the fairing on

so basically all i can do is push the plastic fairing as hard as i can but i still dont think its in all the way, or in period...

the front two are plugged in fine and the screw is on just fine but that damn rear one just wont go in...i cant get it in...same problem on both sides

its not a big deal because its not like its going to fly off but it just bugs the hell out of me knowing that its loose instead of snapped in like it should be

anyone else have this problem putting the side fairings back on when installing their fender eliminator?
stryder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 16th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #2
Betlog
ninjette.org guru

Name: Dude!!

Motorcycle(s): 2009 250r

I just force it in. You sure it's not in at all? Can you use a flashlight to look? Good luck with it bro.
Betlog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 02:31 AM   #3
Ken08Ninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Ken

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250R Candy Plasma Blue

Try putting some silicone based lubricant on the rubber grommet . Do not use anything with a petroleum product in it – that is what will deteriorate rubber.
Ken08Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #4
BlueRaven
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Lil One

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250 Black

I always think its not in until i take it out again. I usually put that one in before i put in the screw and the others that way you can move the side fairing to feel that it popped in. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't get it in its held in there buy the screw so you won't loose it.

Old April 17th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #5
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRaven View Post
I always think its not in until i take it out again. I usually put that one in before i put in the screw and the others that way you can move the side fairing to feel that it popped in. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't get it in its held in there buy the screw so you won't loose it.
+1
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 17th, 2010, 06:30 PM   #6
backinthesaddleagain

Name: Greg

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ZX6R 636

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken08Ninja View Post
Try putting some silicone based lubricant on the rubber grommet . Do not use anything with a petroleum product in it – that is what will deteriorate rubber.
Ken, I think I learned that in health class.
backinthesaddleagain is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 18th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #7
stryder
ninjette.org member

Name: Kevin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R Special Edition

thanks for the replies guys, advice well taken
stryder is offline   Reply With Quote