ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > Marketplace > Items Wanted

Notices

Old May 6th, 2022, 11:32 AM   #1
jtnelson89
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): Too many! 20+, multiple Kawasakis, Hondas, Harleys, Buells, Yamaha, etc.

Need riser blocks for 06 pre-gen Ninja 250

Hi, it seems that riser blocks for the 07 and prior Ninja 250 are no longer sold anywhere. Is there anyone on this forum who would like to sell a pair?

Also: I've investigated with a local motorcycle CNC-machining shop about replicating them. Would anyone be interested in a set if I end up going that route?

Best regards
jtnelson89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2022, 11:05 PM   #2
Ghostt
in your machine

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

MOTM - Jun '17, May '16, Mar '15
Are you looking to rise the bar risers? Or just replace the OEM risers due to damage?

ZX-2R BLOG
Twitter and Instagram = Ghostt_Scott
I'm not here to change your mind, just to inform.
Ghostt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 6th, 2022, 11:54 PM   #3
jtnelson89
ninjette.org newbie

Motorcycle(s): Too many! 20+, multiple Kawasakis, Hondas, Harleys, Buells, Yamaha, etc.

I want to raise the bars about 1.25 inches. The stock risers are easy to find, but not the riser blocks to raise the bars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostt View Post
Are you looking to rise the bar risers? Or just replace the OEM risers due to damage?

Old May 7th, 2022, 05:20 AM   #4
Ghostt
in your machine

Motorcycle(s): 98 Ninja 250/F12 aka ZX-2R "SERENITY", 91 Ninja 500/A5 aka ZX-5R "Phoenix", 84 Honda GL1200A "SIREN"

Okay, are you looking for something like this?

https://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/Ni...p/rtk725jb.htm

I wouldn't recommend you use these to lower the front of the bike, just use them to raise the handlebars.

With any of these style riser kits, be mindful of your control cables, and hoses.to make sure there is enough slack in them to still work properly, no binding, stressed, etc.... Kawasaki doesn't believe in waste. You may have to lower the front a little bit to get some slack in the lines.

ZX-2R BLOG

Last futzed with by Ghostt; May 7th, 2022 at 07:16 AM.

Old May 8th, 2022, 09:20 AM   #5
jtnelson89
ninjette.org newbie

Yes, that's what I'm looking for, but for the 88-07 Ninja 250. The newer riser blocks are made for the larger forks, and the bolt holes are slightly different.

Quote:
Okay, are you looking for something like this?

https://www.buynowroaringtoyz.com/Ni...p/rtk725jb.htm

I wouldn't recommend you use these to lower the front of the bike, just use them to raise the handlebars.

With any of these style riser kits, be mindful of your control cables, and hoses.to make sure there is enough slack in them to still work properly, no binding, stressed, etc.... Kawasaki doesn't believe in waste. You may have to lower the front a little bit to get some slack in the lines.

Old May 8th, 2022, 02:15 PM   #6
Ghostt
in your machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnelson89 View Post
Yes, that's what I'm looking for, but for the 88-07 Ninja 250. The newer riser blocks are made for the larger forks, and the bolt holes are slightly different.
Ahhh yeah, I see than now, sorry.

Okay found this, if you look at the second and third photo, that a Ninja 250 dash. I'd send them message asking if they are the ones in the pictures

https://soupysperformance.com/produc...t-lowering-kit

ZX-2R BLOG

Old May 8th, 2022, 02:44 PM   #7
jtnelson89
ninjette.org newbie

Yes, unfortunately these riser blocks are for the EX500, which has 37mm forks instead of 36mm which the pre-gen Nknja 250 has. I may have to just go ahead and fabricate these or mount a tubular handlebar
Quote:
Ahhh yeah, I see than now, sorry.

Okay found this, if you look at the second and third photo, that a Ninja 250 dash. I'd send them message asking if they are the ones in the pictures

https://soupysperformance.com/produc...t-lowering-kit

Old May 8th, 2022, 03:08 PM   #8
Ghostt
in your machine

Quote:
Yes, unfortunately these riser blocks are for the EX500, which has 37mm forks instead of 36mm which the pre-gen Nknja 250 has. I may have to just go ahead and fabricate these or mount a tubular handlebar
They'll be fine, only 1mm is okay

ZX-2R BLOG

Old May 16th, 2022, 06:06 AM   #9
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
a few beer can solve that problem LoL
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old May 16th, 2022, 07:43 AM   #10
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Quote:
They'll be fine, only 1mm is okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by shspvr View Post
a few beer can solve that problem LoL
There's reason for this tight fit in factory configuration. They had top of fork-tube protruding above fork-clamp with handlebar wrapping over it so that loads are not carried by bolts. Specifically so as to not to load bolts in shear, an engineering no-no.

To prevent ALL loads being carried by bolts, any riser blocks you get or make should replicate factory interface with bar.

Failure to model dynamic forces is what led Ford to think it was OK to reduce tyre-pressure on a +4000lb vehicle to 16psi to make up for flawed suspension design that resulted in poor ride quality. It was OK mod when tested at low speeds for short distances. But over longer time-frames at higher loads, results were disastrous.

As test, I was able to remove all 4 bolts for my pre-gen bars and went for ride around block. Indicating bolts were handling very little forces. Any riser blocks used should allow that as well. Basically you want tight fit onto factory fork tops and provides a hump of their own for bars to wrap onto.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old November 28th, 2023, 03:00 PM   #11
Krnluve24
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250f

Wish I can buy a set of those risers…
Krnluve24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 29th, 2023, 09:27 AM   #12
jtnelson89
ninjette.org newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnluve24 View Post
Wish I can buy a set of those risers…
As an update, I had two sets of risers made by a local fabrication shop. They charged me $50 apiece. These were based on measurements taken on the aftermarket risers from my uncle's 2000 Ninja 250. I went to install them on the 2006 Ninja and found that the inner dimension was too narrow, so I'm going to need to either get someone to hog them out with a lathe or just spend a few hours with sandpaper.

If you want the extra set, I'll be happy to sell them to you.
--Jeff

Old November 29th, 2023, 11:22 AM   #13
Krnluve24
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ex250f

Keep me posted with some pics if u got them installed
Krnluve24 is offline   Reply With Quote