ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Farkles

Old April 11th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #1
tjb0012
ninjette.org member

Name: T.J.

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja250r

Intuitive Frame Sliders Question

Watsup all,

I just purchased the intuitive frame sliders for my 2009. I was flipflopping between these and the shogun sliders. I noticed that the shogun sliders are mounted lower and more to the right than the intuitve sliders. Did intuitve just take the easy way out by mounting the pucks directly onto the engine instead of using mounting braces like shogun? Is there anyway of knowing which sliders are mounted in the correct spot?

Thanks, TJ
Posted via Mobile Device
tjb0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2010, 10:27 AM   #2
Kawikaze

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R SE (Sold)

I bought Intuitive sliders the same day I got my bike. I always had concerns about the way they were made. The dog ears that the pucks mount onto could bend into the valve covers, and possibly give some grief there. The dog ears are sturdy enough, but the replacement engine mounting bolt is somewhat softer, and prone to bending. My nephew was trying to sit on my bike, and lost his footing; caused it to lay down softly. For such a soft drop, the sliders did their job, but the engine bolt bent too easily. (see attached photo)

Not much of a bend, but the dog ear was already pushing against the valve cover.

Then there is this thread about the Shogun welding quality issues;

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showt...ghlight=shogun

I am thinking about trying Sato sliders next. They look sturdier.

Old April 11th, 2010, 11:33 AM   #3
ninja250
You are sleeping

Name: Casey

Motorcycle(s): 2

I had two sets of shogun sliders so far and both protected the engine. Everything else went though.. when the bike hit a rail.

I wouldn't want to attach anything to my engine. That's the absolute last thing you want to go in a crash because you can wrench everything else at home without a mechanic.

I went with Shogun because they actually kinda stiffen the frame a bit I'm willing to bet, and don't mount anywhere near the engine.

I wouldn't worry about quality issues with the shoguns. I'm sure they'll replace that dude's slider no problem.

I crashed two sets and neither actually came apart anywhere. Will buy a third next time around. they've already saved me $$$$$. Get 'em cheap from Racebikerentals.
ninja250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #4
tjb0012
ninjette.org member

Name: T.J.

Motorcycle(s): 2009 SE Ninja250r

Well thanks guys. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. my bike was actually delivered with crate damage so I'm getting the fairings replaced for free. hopefully they let me keep the old ones for a spare and then maybe that will let me hold off on putting the sliders on.
Posted via Mobile Device
tjb0012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 11th, 2010, 06:09 PM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Check out the wiki article on frame sliders; it goes into great detail on all the different mounting points.

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Frame_sliders

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old April 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM   #6
Banzai
Psychic war veteran

Name: Thomas

Motorcycle(s): Kawi Green '09 Ninja ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Check out the wiki article on frame sliders; it goes into great detail on all the different mounting points.

http://www.ninjette.org/wiki/Frame_sliders

A current note on the Satos and others like them....the more people are using them, the more engine cases and covers are being torn apart! Saw one particularly bad case over on BARF. Seems that when the bolts and spacers bend, threads get ripped out of the engine case, too, turning a simple drop/slide into a totaled bike because of engine case damage! Fairings usually looked pretty good, though!

For the little 250, the Shoguns are proving themselves time and time again!