ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > !%@*#$%!)@#&!%@ I crashed!

Old July 4th, 2013, 01:01 AM   #41
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
Why was everyone trying to pick up the R6 and not trying to help the rider?
no idea, first thing i did was go to the rider (my buddy) i disregarded everything else until i know he was still alive even if i didnt know the damage he took at the time.
RandomPhantom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #42
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Wow. You guys wont forget that day. What a mess I hope you all heal up, learn from this and get back on your bikes. Such a shame if you guys do end up giving up riding.

<3 your advice rojo! Wish I could ride with someone like you.
akima is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 22nd, 2013, 10:59 PM   #43
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Damn, glad you're all breathing! Just curious, what gear were you wearing?
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 25th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #44
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R (Red/SOLD), 2008 Ninja 250R (Black/SOLD), 2005 ZX6R (Black)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasta View Post
Damn, glad you're all breathing! Just curious, what gear were you wearing?
JoeRocket Radar Jacket, Speed and Strength tough as nails shorty gloves, Scorpion 400 helmet. No boots so i really lucked out in the crash not having even a single scratch on my ankles.

Old July 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #45
fishdip
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Fish

Motorcycle(s): 250/300

This is what is going to happen every time you ride that close to each other.

Old July 25th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #46
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Glad it wasn't worse! I like to have my space and give others theirs.

Old July 26th, 2013, 07:31 AM   #47
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Hope you guys and your bikes make a full recovery. Good thing it wasn't where there was a lot of traffic. When cars get thrown into the mix, bikers usually die or have more severe injuries.

Old July 27th, 2013, 11:27 PM   #48
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo View Post
Glad it wasn't worse! I like to have my space and give others theirs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Hope you guys and your bikes make a full recovery. Good thing it wasn't where there was a lot of traffic. When cars get thrown into the mix, bikers usually die or have more severe injuries.
thank you guys for the good wishes. friend and i are both healing up nicely and will both be back on the saddle in no time! altho i need to find a new bike as i sld mine and my friend needs to repair his.

Old August 6th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #49
Dustinh1989
ninjette.org member

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): 11' SE 250R

^ You sticking with a 250 or something different
Dustinh1989 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #50
RandomPhantom
The Motorcycle Newb!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinh1989 View Post
^ You sticking with a 250 or something different
i just absolutely adore the 250r. im gonna stick with that for a lonnnggggg time

Old August 7th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #51
slickt0mmy
ninjette.org member

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 2004 Ninja 250

Hope you all have a speedy recovery! That was a tough video to watch. And yeah, I was also wondering why everyone ran towards the R6 rather than the guy on the ground haha
slickt0mmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #52
raveness
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Christina

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtina View Post
Why was everyone trying to pick up the R6 and not trying to help the rider?
I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched. Lol.
raveness is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #53
alanmv567
ninjette.org member

Name: Alan

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold to jerrytheclown!) 2006 Yamaha FZ6

It was all our first time experiencing something like that, I was mostly in shock, I really did not want to move our friend too much. I rather waited till the paramedics came. Moving the bike was a smart move because footage doesn't show it but cars afterwards would not slow down from one lane, it was almost a blind spot for them until the last second, thankfully about ten minutes after this the highway patrol came and stopped both lanes of traffic, granted we could all have gone to the injured person....but what we were going to do to him? None of us are licensed paramedics.
alanmv567 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #54
alanmv567
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (Sold to jerrytheclown!) 2006 Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveness View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched. Lol.
That part of the highway cars were going pretty fast, I'm not sure what we would have gained from all of use swarming our friend and trying to move him...he was moving around afterwards...we weren't sure if he should have been doing that :/

Old August 12th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #55
alanmv567
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickt0mmy View Post
Hope you all have a speedy recovery! That was a tough video to watch. And yeah, I was also wondering why everyone ran towards the R6 rather than the guy on the ground haha
When in shock what can you do....granted we could have all swarmed him, but were not licensed paramedics.

Old August 13th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #56
Madman44
ninjette.org guru

Name: Martin

Motorcycle(s): 250r

What are you guys talking about? It's a good thing they tried to pick up the bike. According to what i heard the wrecked bike left an oil spot and it would have only been bigger if these guys hadn't lifted it. Who knows what they may have prevented. Plus, like Alan said, what can they do?
Madman44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old August 13th, 2013, 03:47 AM   #57
n4mwd

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmv567 View Post
When in shock what can you do....granted we could have all swarmed him, but were not licensed paramedics.
Then maybe you guys should take some basic first aid courses.

You don't have to move an accident victim, but you should at least check his ABC's. A=Airway, B=Breathing, C=Circulation. And sometimes that means moving him. Was he conscious? Was he breathing? Did he have a pulse? Anything broken or bleeding? Even if you don't know what to do, you can call 911 and they will tell you what to do.

Too many times, bikers die because people on the scene just sit there and watch him die rather than try to help.

A few years ago, there were two identical biker accidents within a week of each other. One was in New York and the other was in Utah. The bikers were both run over by a dumb broad not looking where she was going. Both bikers were trapped under the cars.

The Utah biker's bike burst into flames. The New York biker's bike did not.

The witnesses in Utah ganged up and actually lifted the car off the biker and pulled him to safety. The New York witnesses whipped out there cell phones and video recorded the biker's face as he tried to gasp for air to post on Youtube.

The New York biker died because he wasn't able to breathe with a car sitting on his chest. A simple act of jacking the car up would have probably saved his life.

I've heard many people say not to move an accident victim unless there is a fire, but that is bullsh!t. If the biker can't breathe or is otherwise in imminent danger, then move him if he needs to be moved.

Next time, don't ignore an accident victim.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM   #58
alanmv567
ninjette.org member

True, one thing to factor up in Angeles Crest....there was no signal, basically had to wait for paramedics to arrive. I'm sure if i was in that situation where the guy needed help from underneath a car, i would jump on that, but where we were in the canyons with no signal at all and cars coming in quickly we didn't want to risk anyone else. This video only shows the beginning but we did all go to him to make sure everything was okay with him. I have taken cpr for personal gain, but it seems like he didn't need it. We told him not to move around and just to stay down and not move much. I don't believe I ignored him as the video only grabbed the beginning. I can't really ignore a victim since working at the airport for the baggage handling system, accidents always happen, but this was something new to me. Also being the rider who was leading everyone and for one of my guys to crash shocked me a lot, I mean how would you feel if you were leading and one of your riders got into a bad crash?

Quote:
Originally Posted by n4mwd View Post
Then maybe you guys should take some basic first aid courses.

You don't have to move an accident victim, but you should at least check his ABC's. A=Airway, B=Breathing, C=Circulation. And sometimes that means moving him. Was he conscious? Was he breathing? Did he have a pulse? Anything broken or bleeding? Even if you don't know what to do, you can call 911 and they will tell you what to do.

Too many times, bikers die because people on the scene just sit there and watch him die rather than try to help.

A few years ago, there were two identical biker accidents within a week of each other. One was in New York and the other was in Utah. The bikers were both run over by a dumb broad not looking where she was going. Both bikers were trapped under the cars.

The Utah biker's bike burst into flames. The New York biker's bike did not.

The witnesses in Utah ganged up and actually lifted the car off the biker and pulled him to safety. The New York witnesses whipped out there cell phones and video recorded the biker's face as he tried to gasp for air to post on Youtube.

The New York biker died because he wasn't able to breathe with a car sitting on his chest. A simple act of jacking the car up would have probably saved his life.

I've heard many people say not to move an accident victim unless there is a fire, but that is bullsh!t. If the biker can't breathe or is otherwise in imminent danger, then move him if he needs to be moved.

Next time, don't ignore an accident victim.

Old August 16th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #59
alanmv567
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman44 View Post
What are you guys talking about? It's a good thing they tried to pick up the bike. According to what i heard the wrecked bike left an oil spot and it would have only been bigger if these guys hadn't lifted it. Who knows what they may have prevented. Plus, like Alan said, what can they do?
It was the gas leaking from the rupture tank but two of us felt like we needed to move it because cars would not slow down! Anyways...man some of the guys here can be heartless.

Old August 31st, 2013, 01:19 AM   #60
akima
Nooblet

Name: Akima

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R FI

MOTM - Oct '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmv567 View Post
It was the gas leaking from the rupture tank but two of us felt like we needed to move it because cars would not slow down! Anyways...man some of the guys here can be heartless.
Try not to take their comments to personally. I'm sure everyone thinks you guys did the best you could. It must have been a terrifying situation. Their questions being fired at you in here are actually pretty reasonable. I think people just want to help you learn what you did well and what you could have done better so that next time (hopefully not!) you do better. Posts in this part of the forum help everyone learn from everyone elses experience. This is much safer and quicker than us each learning from just our own experience.

@Motofool posted up a link to this article. I bookmarked it because the advice seems very reasonable and it's short and well written.

Take care.

-Akima
akima is offline   Reply With Quote