ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old October 6th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #41
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Guy guys guys.

I am guilty of this too, but this is going into CLOSED teritory quickly, if the chap want to pray before riding, fine.

We all have are opinions, but lets face it, to what grand resolve can we come to on ninjette forum?
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Old October 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #42
moonwalker
n00b4life

Name: Alexey

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki EX250J8F Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshorilla View Post
We all have are opinions, but lets face it, to what grand resolve can we come to on ninjette forum?
Indeed, lets keep evangelism off Ninjette and keep to motorcycling here.

Old October 6th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #43
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

Quote:
Guy guys guys.

I am guilty of this too, but this is going into CLOSED teritory quickly, if the chap want to pray before riding, fine.

I agree 100%. All I did was give my opinion, and the guy decided to do me a "favor" and try and save me.
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #44
Snake
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Rick

Motorcycle(s): 05 Blue Ninja 250

MOTY - 2017, MOTM - Jan '19, Oct '16, May '14
Great to see that our members can "police" themselves without the need for a moderator to intervene or close the thread.
Snake is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old October 6th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #45
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserk81 View Post
..........Seeing as how death could come from any direction .............and most drivers in the world are idiots..........
Praying never hurt anybody; I wish I would be able to pray more frequently.

The main problem we face is not how or when to die, but how and for what reason to live this amazing gift and challenge.

I hope you understand that this life is not to be protected or afraid of dying; it is to be lived well.
Life is beautiful danger, and we must stay as safe as possible as long as that does not interfere with fully enjoying that beauty and miracle.

As you see life as a test and a mission, why asking for personal protection from who knows all we need to accomplish both and for how long we are going to be kicking on this planet?

"It is clear that he does not pray, who, far from uplifting himself to God, requires that God shall lower Himself to him, and who resorts to prayer not to stir the man in us to will what God wills, but only to persuade God to will what the man in us wills." - Thomas Aquinas

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Aquinas

"Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance. Where there is patience and humility, there is neither anger nor vexation. Where there is poverty and joy, there is neither greed nor avarice. Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt." - Francis of Assisi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_of_Assisi

"Spread love everywhere you go; first of all in your house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor. Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile." - Mother Teresa

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Teresa
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #46
Mocha Man
Blue Shell magnet

Name: Nolan

Motorcycle(s): 1997 Ninja 250

Not every time, but I do pray often. Here's a picture of the decal I have on my wind screen:
Mocha Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #47
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 12' Ninja 250

I don't. I was exposed to religion around age 8, which was ironic to me considering my parents were incredibly abusive and did/sold drugs amongst many other horrible things, yet they thought what they did was fine since they believe in teh almighty god!

but it bothers me knowing something that i saw through at age 8 has brainwashed so many people. I can see why though, some people just need that "something" in their life to have any motivation to continue on, or to do right.

ive always liked this image, says quite alot tbh.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Aggrotech is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 6th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #48
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Name: Roderick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

I pray to myself. I am my own deity.
Rugby Winger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #49
TS250
ninjette.org member

Name: MARCO

Motorcycle(s): 2008 NINJA 250, BLACK, 650 NINJA 2009, RED, F 650GS BMW 2012 YELLOW

Quote:
This is kind of a serious question but a good one to ask. How many of you pray before you go on a long ride, or just a regular ride for that matter? I am getting into a time in my life where I am trying to do what I can do reaffirm my love for Jesus, and once I do get my bike I feel I will be praying every time I go on a ride. Seeing as how death could come from any direction (even though someone could say that even walking out your door, or just getting out of bed is dangerous) and most drivers in the world are idiots. I understand if you don't wish to answer if this is a personal issue with you, it would just be nice to see more people go to Heaven than Hell.

Be safe out there and remember that God is Good.
I will start out by telling you that yes I do pray every time I go out on two or four wheels. I will agree with doing your ritual checks, for I believe that God helps those who help themselves. But to all those that are of not of religious nature, I suggest to get familiar with Pascal's Wager ( look it up) To put it in terms that I can understand ( Not that bright that I am) It means that most people live their lives with the idea of a God or of no God, His idea was that you can have a decent life and be as God intended for you to be , if there is a God you win everything, or live a decent live as God intended for you to have, and there is no God and you lose nothing.
TS250 is offline   Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:29 AM   #50
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

Pascal's wager applies to all gods, to correctly apply it to religion means you have to believe in every religion, which isn't possible, as many require mutual exclusivity.

To put it simply, to believe in god in a christian sense requires you to reject all other gods and deity's.

If I then created two religions just now, religion A and religion B.

Both require you to be followers to go to their heavens, both believe in two different gods, both require you to do nothing religious, both religion A and religion B don't mind if you hold other religious beliefs, so long as you believe in their religion.

Pascal's wager would state to believe in a christian god would be less preferable as you half your chances of going to "heaven" then believing in religion A and religion B.

Since both relion A and religion B require you to do nothing religious, i am currently more likely to not burn in agony forever than any christian, I could also tag budhist and maybe humanist to my belt and being a chistian makes no sense acording to Pascal's wager.
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #51
red5
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 15.256

I don't get the "don't ram your religion down my throat" complaint. The OP believes what he believes and if that makes him happy, fine. One part of those beliefs (I assume) is to spread the word, so again, fine. I'm atheist and have no problem with hearing that I'm going to hell, that my kids are going to hell, I need to ask for forgiveness, etc, etc. I'm comfortable enough in what I believe to handle an opposing opinion.

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:02 AM   #52
sharky nrk
Fighting Texas Aggie '05

Name: Neil

Motorcycle(s): '07 ZX6R, '08 Versys, '09 250R Track, '93 F2/F3 Track

Not reading all of this thread or going to get involved in any of the discussions that are going to spiral from it, but YES.

I sometimes pray before and after a ride (needs to be always) especially at the track.
sharky nrk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:20 AM   #53
mickheaven
ninjette.org member

Name: Mitchell

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacron View Post
I wouldn't mind riding with some Pastafarians though... yum
I don't think there colander helmets would be that effective.
mickheaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:22 AM   #54
moonwalker
n00b4life

Name: Alexey

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawasaki EX250J8F Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by red5 View Post
One part of those beliefs (I assume) is to spread the word, so again, fine.
No it's not fine, because there are different ways to "spread the word". If you're getting on a high horse you ARE being rude. Going to hell implies punishment, punishment implies doing something bad or being a bad person. You're telling me I'm a bad person just because I don't believe the same thing you do?

But what offends me most is when people are bashing something w/o bothering to understand it first, like all that bashing of science overall and evolution theory in particular. I actually have read both bible and quaran and quite a few other religious texts. Do you see me going around and shouting on every corner that religion is Bad™ and everyone should govern their actions only based on logic and skepticism? No, I say "believe what you will, whatever works for you." In fact I'm even very likely to defend religion if I hear someone spouting nonsense about it.

I'm fine with other people believing whatever they want to believe and expressing their opinions, so long as they respect that there are those who don't want to follow their beliefs and don't need their pity, that no means no.

So again, lets just keep this topic to a simple "yes, I believe and pray" or "no, I'm an atheist" manner, lets stop trying to convert each other. The picture I posted originally was intended exactly to remind that not that many people appreciate evangelism, since the wording of OPs first post was giving me the feeling he might use the opportunity to turn discussion that way, too bad I turned out to be right.

Old October 7th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #55
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
I am far from religious but I have beliefs, and most peoples "prayers" annoy me.

"dear god... Do this, Do that, please Do this,to... do, do, do, gimme, gimme, gimme..."

it doesn't work that way IMO, whatever happened to just being thankful?

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 06:04 AM   #56
Rugby Winger
ninjette.org member

Name: Roderick

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Pascal's wager applies to all gods, to correctly apply it to religion means you have to believe in every religion, which isn't possible, as many require mutual exclusivity.

To put it simply, to believe in god in a christian sense requires you to reject all other gods and deity's.

Both require you to be followers to go to their heavens, both believe in two different gods, both require you to do nothing religious, both religion A and religion B don't mind if you hold other religious beliefs, so long as you believe in their religion.

Pascal's wager would state to believe in a christian god would be less preferable as you half your chances of going to "heaven" then believing in religion A and religion B.

Since both relion A and religion B require you to do nothing religious, i am currently more likely to not burn in agony forever than any christian, I could also tag budhist and maybe humanist to my belt and being a chistian makes no sense acording to Pascal's wager.
Do you have a university named after you?
Rugby Winger is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #57
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Quote:

Pascal's wager is a logical argument and is therefore fundamentally incompatible with the very concept of religion. Science and logic are evidence-based whereas religion is faith-based. To try and use one to explain or justify the other is a fallacy. (Yes, I am saying that Pascal was wrong to formulate the wager in the first place.)
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #58
Kokosun
Are you sure about that?

Name: That's "Sir" to you!

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-F16, Versys KLE650 CAF

On the one hand:

"There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness."

On the other hand:

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

On the third hand:

"If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough."
Kokosun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #59
Aufitt
The A Team

Name: Aufitt

Motorcycle(s): Z50, CB125, RZ500, MC22, R3.

Aufitt is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #60
Brother Michigan
ninjette.org sage

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300

Congratulations, someone has already posted that. (hint: it's still not relevant)
Brother Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #61
jokesonyou24
ninjette.org foodie

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): None...Yet

No I don't, because in my experience "God" is something that individuals who can't seem to understand the sometimes extreme examples of good and bad human nature, use as a crutch for all that is good, bad, or indifferent in this world.

Adults shouldn't have imaginary friends, and any parent who teaches their children to believe in God, but tells them Santa Claus, or the Easter Bunny isn't real, is in my opinion, a hypocrite.

This is simply my opinion and may (and probably will) be dismissed as such

My apologies if I have offended any God-fearing individuals

Old October 7th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #62
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Since I've already given my serious answer.

One of my favorite quotes regarding religion is from the movie Dogma:

Rufus: (Jesus) still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the **** that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?
Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier...

I honestly have no problem with anyone believing anything they want, from one of the religions based on a book to Earth based spirituality to Spaghetti monsters. If someone's belief system advises them to be good to themselves, to others, and to the world around them, then Yay! I've been told I am going to hell before or that should I seek forgiveness for my sins, which I just shrug off since hell and sins are not burdens I acknowledge.

To keep this on topic, each of us has our own "ritual" we perform each time we ride that we feel helps improve our odds of a safe ride. I make sure my gear is in good shape, my bike mechanically sound, and my mind and body capable of handling the expected and unexpected events on the road. Others may burn sage and sweetgrass to cleanse the bike and themselves, while still others may say a prayer to their own personal god/goddess.

The end result is the same, we feel safer getting on the bike.
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #63
Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michigan View Post
Pascal's wager is a logical argument and is therefore fundamentally incompatible with the very concept of religion. Science and logic are evidence-based whereas religion is faith-based. To try and use one to explain or justify the other is a fallacy. (Yes, I am saying that Pascal was wrong to formulate the wager in the first place.)
I very much agree with that !!!

Unfortunately, Pascal couldn't live long enough as to have inexplicable experiences that nothing have to do with our brains.

"Pascal had poor health, especially after his 18th year, and his death came just two months after his 39th birthday."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Pascal

I estimate that at 39, I was 20 times more ignorant than what I am today; and this includes instruction, morality and spirituality.
My many life experiences have made me be an educated Christian first, then an Atheist and finally a man of faith.

Even when it looks like at a young age, faith is not something that a person can rationalize and decide upon, it is not a game over which you have power to change the rules; it is something that some souls feel and some don't.

As we are not designed to know the absolute truth that surrounds us, nobody can tell what the best option is and just take it: believers cannot not to believe, while non-believers cannot believe.
.............unless life, the greatest teacher, make you switch lanes.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #64
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

its that time around here to toss out big items/garbage or just things you dont want anymore and the city comes out and picks it up. Well i just tossed out an old microwave cart that was all jacked up. about 30seconds later a truck rolls up with a couple inside, the female driver began to say "thank you lord" repeatedly and finished it with "thank you for giving us this wonderful gift," talking about the beat to **** cart i just put out there..She then noticed me and said "thank you, thank you, the lord is watching over you"

i said your welcome, laughed and walked inside. I guess the lord somehow told me to put the cart outside so that this particular couple could take it from me...hmmm

this happend literally 3minutes ago.

GOD Y U SO MYSTERIOUS

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #65
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post

Rufus: (Jesus) still digs humanity, but it bothers Him to see the **** that gets carried out in His name - wars, bigotry, televangelism. But especially the factioning of all the religions. He said humanity took a good idea and, like always, built a belief structure on it.
Bethany: Having beliefs isn't good?
Rufus: I think it's better to have ideas. You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier...

I honestly have no problem with anyone believing anything they want, from one of the religions based on a book to Earth based spirituality to Spaghetti monsters. If someone's belief system advises them to be good to themselves, to others, and to the world around them, then Yay! I've been told I am going to hell before or that should I seek forgiveness for my sins, which I just shrug off since hell and sins are not burdens I acknowledge.

To keep this on topic, each of us has our own "ritual" we perform each time we ride that we feel helps improve our odds of a safe ride. I make sure my gear is in good shape, my bike mechanically sound, and my mind and body capable of handling the expected and unexpected events on the road. Others may burn sage and sweetgrass to cleanse the bike and themselves, while still others may say a prayer to their own personal god/goddess.

The end result is the same, we feel safer getting on the bike.
My favorite religious quote:
Einstein - "God does not play dice with the universe"

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:25 AM   #66
Lychee
sail away

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): gixxer (sold), ninjette (upgrade!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post

HAHAHA Teri beat me to the dogma quote. I was just about to post about how this hispanic lady with a luscious chest and nothing in the crotch area said once in a movie that "it doesn't matter what you have faith in, just that you have faith."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120655/quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
As we are not designed to know the absolute truth that surrounds us, nobody can tell what the best option is and just take it: believers cannot not to believe, while non-believers cannot believe.
.............unless life, the greatest teacher, make you switch lanes.
Dude. That is really deep. Saying that would be totally worth a free beer in my bar.
Lychee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM   #67
allanoue

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300..............2008 Ninja 500-sold...2009 Ninja 250-Crashed

MOTM - Sep '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
My favorite religious quote:
Einstein - "God does not play dice with the universe"
He said that as a refute to quantum mechanics. He was wrong.
allanoue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM   #68
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Well I feel sad for then if you don't believe in God. I am sure that you believe we all used to be monkeys as well. I don't mean to be rude but, if when you look into the starlit sky, or see a child being born and you don't see a creator involved, I have to call shananagins on that. Tell me something, do you believe that someone made that bike you ride, even though you may have never see that person, or heard him? Of coarse you do, and why because its there. If you can follow the science and math I invite you to watch this video that explains why evolution is fake, and why there has to be a creator (God). I don't want to see you go to hell, its never to late to give your life to Jesus (unless you get into a wreck and die with asking forgiveness for your sins).
http://youtu.be/Gjvuwne0RrE

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #69
Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalC View Post
Awesome sailplane. I love gliders.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #70
CynicalC

Name: Colin

Motorcycle(s): '96 EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake View Post
At least the conversation is staying civil. Lets keep it that way and respect everyone's opinion without putting anyone down.
Shots were fired.

Quote:
Well I feel sad for then if you don't believe in God. I am sure that you believe we all used to be monkeys as well.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #71
Aggrotech
ninjette.org sage

this could go on and on, nobody is going to win lol. the op clearly thinks theres a god and that evolution isnt real and/or fake. Even though theres evidence progressively showing evolution through skeletons.

it can be solved with just a few animals really. If we took some animals from a continent and threw them into another continent, over time they would evolve to the point where they would not longer be able to mate with the species from the continent we took them from. they evolved. derp Madagascar is a fantastic example of evolution.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #72
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

Name: Harper

Motorcycle(s): 2013 SE NINJA 300

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
Whew that's kinda rough, we go from god to calling each other monkies??? I believe in GOD, singular, yet multifaceted... I think the bible, the Quran, most real religion books have correct an incorrect things in them, man made things, I can't call myself one religion over another, nope no sir. I practice something folks call pagan, Buddhism, Christian, Muslim, may have some Judaism in their. Sir I implore you not to hate and pass judgements for that is surely not your place on heaven, in hell, or on earth. Your bible does say "judge not least ye be judged" right??? I'd hate to have you judging Muslims wrongly to realize that the god you thought was the one wind up being Mohammad... Religions are about love an doing good, how they become twisted and hateful rests upon men's shoulders.
P.S. I have been known to pray that the Westboro baptist god is not the one I meet when I get to heaven.

Did someone say pasta???
Rasta mon!!!

Ib4L

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #73
berserk81
ninjette.org member

Name: Jeremiah

Motorcycle(s): '06 Kawasaki Ninja 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwalker View Post
No it's not fine, because there are different ways to "spread the word". If you're getting on a high horse you ARE being rude. Going to hell implies punishment, punishment implies doing something bad or being a bad person. You're telling me I'm a bad person just because I don't believe the same thing you do?

But what offends me most is when people are bashing something w/o bothering to understand it first, like all that bashing of science overall and evolution theory in particular. I actually have read both bible and quaran and quite a few other religious texts. Do you see me going around and shouting on every corner that religion is Bad™ and everyone should govern their actions only based on logic and skepticism? No, I say "believe what you will, whatever works for you." In fact I'm even very likely to defend religion if I hear someone spouting nonsense about it.

I'm fine with other people believing whatever they want to believe and expressing their opinions, so long as they respect that there are those who don't want to follow their beliefs and don't need their pity, that no means no.

So again, lets just keep this topic to a simple "yes, I believe and pray" or "no, I'm an atheist" manner, lets stop trying to convert each other. The picture I posted originally was intended exactly to remind that not that many people appreciate evangelism, since the wording of OPs first post was giving me the feeling he might use the opportunity to turn discussion that way, too bad I turned out to be right.
First of all I wasn't bashing anyone with anything to convert or otherwise, I responded to one quote with my opinion on him being an atheist. My intent in this thread was not to convert but just to see if anyone in this community prays.

I don't go around trying to convert people over to Jesus, god gave us all freewill to believe in him or not its a personal choice. If someone doesn't want to know the truth or has a different religion they practice its not my place to try to persuade you to do anything yummy don't want.

I apologize for this topic getting so out of hand it was not my intent. If the moderator chooses to take this thread down that is his choice.
berserk81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #74
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Ugh. You really don't see why you come across the way you do? Here's a hint:

Quote:
If someone doesn't want to know the truth.
It's really hard to fault anyone for responding in kind.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #75
berserk81
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero View Post
I am far from religious but I have beliefs, and most peoples "prayers" annoy me.

"dear god... Do this, Do that, please Do this,to... do, do, do, gimme, gimme, gimme..."

it doesn't work that way IMO, whatever happened to just being thankful?
I don't pray to god to ask for a new car, or a job, or anything like that. You don't pray for something you want, you pray for forgiveness and yes to be thankful. God doesn't control you or anyone around you that's why we have free will. For most true Christians Jesus is enough to pray for.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #76
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16

Link to original page on YouTube.

Old October 7th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #77
berserk81
ninjette.org member

Quote:
My apologies if I have offended any God-fearing individuals
Being offended by a persons opinion is bulls*it.

Old October 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #78
JohnnyBravo
Certifiable nontundrum

MOTM - Sep '13, Sep '16
@berserk81[/QUOTE]

My apologies if I have offended any God-fearing individuals[/QUOTE]

Being offended by a persons opinion is bulls*it.[/QUOTE]

Where did that quote come from?

Being offended and offensive is human nature, maybe being offended by ones opinions is some type of poop, but it's the type of poop everyone has at one time or another... Breath, relax, and enjoy the inner peace that passes understanding.

Old October 7th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #79
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Quote:
First of all I wasn't bashing anyone with anything to convert or otherwise, I responded to one quote with my opinion on him being an atheist. My intent in this thread was not to convert but just to see if anyone in this community prays.

I don't go around trying to convert people over to Jesus, god gave us all freewill to believe in him or not its a personal choice. If someone doesn't want to know the truth or has a different religion they practice its not my place to try to persuade you to do anything yummy don't want.

I apologize for this topic getting so out of hand it was not my intent. If the moderator chooses to take this thread down that is his choice.
let me show you the way you are speaking from other peoples perspective... i'll change it to the opposite perspective but still speak the way you are speaking so you can more easily understand how you come off to other people:

i don't go around trying to convert people to reason. we are all separate people with our own minds and we can all choose to be wrong and invest our lives in useless, reasonless, illogical folly based on misinterpreted fiction that was mixed with poor accounts of a rebel. it's not other peoples fault they are stupid and can't understand the correct way to live life... MY way. i suppose its not my fault you are all wrong and can't see that i'm right.

do you understand how you look now?

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old October 7th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #80
rasta
Your face

Name: Wes

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Honda CBR650f

OP, your first few posts were you voicing your opinion. That was all fine and dandy.

But then this came....

Quote:
Well I feel sad for then if you don't believe in God.....I don't want to see you go to hell, its never to late to give your life to Jesus (unless you get into a wreck and die with asking forgiveness for your sins).
http://youtu.be/Gjvuwne0RrE
That is NOT voicing an opinion. And if you can't see why not, then that's just unfortunate.
rasta is offline   Reply With Quote