ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Ride Reports

Old October 17th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #1
Ytse Frobozz
Not dead yet!

Name: Rob

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Pahkiz Maple Bahn!

Went for a ride to Parker's Maple Barn this morning with my buddy Justin. The place gets packed early, so the plan was to meet at the Dunkin' Donuts in Littleton, MA at 7:00, then ride up to Parker's. When I set out this morning (wearing my long underwear), it was still dark, and about 41 degrees in beautiful scenic Marlborough. I then jumped on the highway and zoomed up to Littleton, then somehow ended up at the Dunkin' Donuts in Westford, despite having a GPS. I stop to figure out where I went wrong, and I get the following text message:

I'm at what I think is the Dunks. If you're at one and I'm not there please gimme a call.

So I call, and he wants for us to both head towards route 119 and meet, and I (thank god) note that we will never find each other and die in the frozen wasteland. I tell him to stay put and I'll meet him. 15 minutes later, I find the correct Dunkin' Donuts... and he's not there. I call him up again and tell him I think I'm at the right Dunkin' Donuts. 10 minutes later, he shows up as I'm sipping my hot chocolate. The moral of the story is, when you organize a ride, do not ever agree to meet at a Dunkin' Donuts you've never been to, because in New England there's just too friggin' many of them.

Only 30 minutes behind schedule, we set out for Mason, NH, as usual looking like the odd couple with me on my heavily befarkled 250R and Justin on his chromed to the max Harley 1200c Sportster. I swear it got colder as we rode along, which is possible because we were heading north and west, but with the sun at our backs, the foliage looked nice. We got there slightly frozen, but OH MAN IS IT WORTH IT. We both got a half rack of maple baby back ribs and they were beyond falling off the bone tender and mega delicious. We also had home fries and hot apple cider. The ride back was noticably warmer and quite pleasant.

I'm now pretty sure I'll be organizing a Boston area group ride up there next year. Show up hungry!
Ytse Frobozz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old October 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #2
Havok
Internet Slut

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 04 FZ1, 07 FZ6

Sounds like a blast, I want to ride to all these places people post about!
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote