ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > Motorcycling News

Old August 26th, 2015, 09:40 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[motorcyclistonline] - Corazzo Heated Vest | MC TESTED

A little supplemental heat during cold-weather rides can be the difference between enjoying the adventure and suffering through it. My coworkers will tell you that plug-in options are the best, and for the most part they’re right, but I like the freedom offered by battery-operated setups.

This electric vest from Corazzo is powered by an 11.1-volt, 4,400-mAh lithium-ion battery that sits in a pouch inside the vest. A single-button remote attaches to the base of the vest on a tether that’s long enough to let it dangle below the hem of a jacket. The controller lets you toggle among five levels of heat, and heating elements run along the chest, above the sternum, and across the top of the back.

The battery is a bulky unit at 4.75 x 1 x 3.5 inches, but Corazzo claims it provides up to seven hours of warmth. I’ve never seen quite that much longevity, though I rarely use it on the lowest setting. What I have noticed, though, is that this vest really pumps out heat when you crank it up. It has served me well over the past year to keep warm during the final hour or two of a trip or riding home after dark when the air has a sharper bite.

Having the remote hang just out the bottom of the garment is really handy for jackets, but keep in mind if you ever ride in a one-piece suit that the controller can end up buried. The battery and control unit slide out of the vest easily enough, which is nice considering the battery’s heft, and you’re left with a reasonably stylish thermal vest. It’s available in black or this olive colorway, in unisex sizing from XS to XXL.
Remember: Heated garments should fit snugly around a thin base layer in order to transmit as much heat as possible to your core.

CORAZZO HEATED VEST

PRICE: $299

VERDICT: 6/10 STARS

Lots of convenient heat, but the battery is bulky and the price is eye opening.

More MC Tested, New Products and Gear HERE!

Click here for full story...