ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Old November 5th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #1
Christofini
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Tyga Performance - Great quality & service!

Hey all!
Not sure if this is the right place to post this...

Following some mishap on the highway (swiped a sedan driving with no lights at night) I had a busted right fairing and mirror. I ended up using ABS cement to keep it together for the rest of the year, but it finally fell apart.

After looking around Tyga Performance appeared to have the cheapest option for new fairings. I bought the bike with what I suppose were ebay fairings as they're very brittle and have a small paint droplet on the very bottom. Being my first bike I didn't notice they weren't OEM.

I'm wary of cheap stuff, so I immediately sent an e-mail and got a response not even 24 hours later assuring me the fairings are true OEM and the price is real

I started off ordering the two rear tail fairings in 777 Kawasaki Lime Green, just in case it didn't work.

All in all, the two pieces, international 7 day courier and import tax amounted to about 115 Euros. Going to the dealer would have cost 140 Euros a piece - and used, scratched fairings off Ebay 55-75 a piece.

I received the package about 2 weeks later - Spanish customs kept it for almost a week. The box was quite large, and undamaged - it was covered in FRAGILE stickers

Upon opening the box I was greeted by a LOT of foam boarding. Two large boards on top, followed by several smaller pieces stuck in wherever there was space.

Each fairing had multiple layers of wrapping. From exterior to interior - a large plastic bag, two layers of bubblewrap, another plastic bag, this time with airbubbles, lots of foam wrapping and finally a brown paper wrapping.

I never saw OEM fairings so I was surprised at how green and shiny they were Compared to my old fairings they felt incredibly strong - I can bend the edges of my fairing a good 4-6 cm inwards. These have no give.

I'll definitely order the rest of my fairings and extras once money allows it

In my excitement I forgot to take photos of the packaging - here's one of the fairing itself compared to my old stuff though.

Christofini is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #2
caineroad
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja SE

do they sell oem style fairings? like the one in my avatar, i am looking for the large right side fairing
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Joshorilla
Bass Master General

I brought two OEM fairings off them, excellent everything. Couldn't have been better! I don't think they ship to the americas though :P
Joshorilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #4
caineroad
ninjette.org member

Name: Justin

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja SE

which website can i have a look and possibility purchase it and maybe ship to eu?
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote

Old November 5th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #5
Christofini
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
which website can i have a look and possibility purchase it and maybe ship to eu?
They only sell plain green or black plastics as far as I'm aware. I was hoping to get a special edition replica. I'm happy with the plain green ones as they give me a lot of creative freedom

They're 100% OEM plastics. 7 day courier shipping to Spain was about 40 dollars including tracking. I talked to Paul - he's a friendly guy and helped convince me :-)

Their website is tyga-performance.com.

I highly recommend them! In my case they're OEM plastics cheaper than chinese knockoffs, and I don't have to deal with shady Ebay sellers and damaged goods
Christofini is offline   Reply With Quote