ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old March 7th, 2011, 10:35 AM   #1
matt250
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Brake light / Stay step holder problem..??

Hello, new to this sight so I thought first I would say hi! My name is Matt and Ive been riding for a few years. Currently owner of 2009 Ninja 250R. Now to the problem... I really dont know anything about fixing a bike but I can figure it out for the most part. I also have no idea what most the parts are called so when explaining please be detailed haha. Wrecked my bike a couple months back sent me to the hospital. Now Im trying to get it all back up and running. Replaced the right stay step holder yesterday and there is this spring just hanging there from the cylindar with the wire comming out the top. I have no idea where that goes... I hooked up the big spring to the nob with the groove on the inside. It looked like it was suppose to go there... Also my break light does not come on when I press the rear brake now. Ive heard people say i need to adjust the tension of the spring but have no idea what spring or how much. I pulled on the long spring thats hanging down and the light did not come on so Im assuming its not that one. Any help would be great. Thanks

Spring on the left hand side..long one hanging.
matt250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2
scotty
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Scott

Motorcycle(s): Yahama v star 650 classic

Don't qote me on this, but I think that goes to your brake lever. That should be the one that lights up your stop light when you use your brake. Look around down there and see if you can't see where it connects to. I don't have my bike in front of me right now so i'm not 100% sure.

Welcome to the site! Glad your okay from the wreck!

Old March 7th, 2011, 02:16 PM   #3
DaBlue1
Long Time Rider

Name: Blue

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

The long spring should be attached to the rear brake light switch, the other end hooks into the hook part of the fat spring. The brake light switch should be adjusted so that there is about and 1/2 in of thread showing just above the bracket. If you have pulled on the long spring and the brake light does not come on, make sure the ignition is on and remove the rear passenger seat, pull out the bulb and check to see if a filament is burnt out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0043.jpg (77.3 KB, 7 views)
DaBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old March 7th, 2011, 08:09 PM   #4
matt250
ninjette.org member

Name: Matt

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R

Great thanks!. I will try hooking it up tomorrow once its light out. Im sure the brake light will come on once I adjust it.
matt250 is offline   Reply With Quote