Go Back   ninjette.org > General > General Motorcycling Discussion

Closed Thread

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:00 AM   #201
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
When you are young you don't believe it will happen to you. Also untill you have been tossed on the ground you just can't believe how fast things can go wrong. One second you are going along . Next thing you know people are asking you if you are OK.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:10 AM   #202
dirty nasty
ninjette.org sage

Name: Karl

Motorcycle(s): 2000 Kwak Ninja 250 and 1998 Yamaha YZ400F

Maybe robert is a master troll and created this thread to get fired up/real reactions for smart motorcyclists to prove to non-smart motorcyclists as to why getting a bike way beyond ones skill level is a bad idea. Maybe? At least I hope that's why haha.

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:19 AM   #203
choneofakind

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Oh it hurt like a b!tch coming to a stop from about 20 on gravel after wrecking off a jump on my mtb. Hurt when the lady at the er cleaned out my whole side with a towel before they would xray me as well. The shower didn't hurt too bad though because everything was cleaned. Now I have some nice scars that are still healing.

Haven't ridden the motorcycle without a jacket and gloves since.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:41 AM   #204
alex.s
wat

Name: wat

Motorcycle(s): wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
its so confusing. do people think spelling california with a K is insulting to anyone but themselves?

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:47 PM   #205
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertkh100 View Post
Not trying to argue but what does a car turning left infront of me without looking when it was my light have to do with the bike im on? I was going the same speed I would have on a bigger bike.. if I was being immature and I crashed it, I definitely would not get a bigger bike and my parents wouldn't let me ride anymore.
You weren't looking far enough ahead. You should EXPECT left-hand turners to turn in front of you. Every time.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson

Old July 21st, 2012, 12:49 PM   #206
xSean13

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r (sold) / '03 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ally99 View Post
You weren't looking far enough ahead. You should EXPECT left-hand turners to turn in front of you. Every time.
Word.
If he's 15.5 though, then he literally has no road experience at all...so =/

Old July 21st, 2012, 02:30 PM   #207
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
and what would you recommend I do? Yield right of way in front of a green light with cars rear ending me? Also, I was way too close when she decided she was going to turn. I think she was distracted by something.

Old July 21st, 2012, 02:39 PM   #208
JELY1990
Boring is my middle name.

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
and what would you recommend I do? Yield right of way in front of a green light with cars rear ending me? Also, I was way too close when she decided she was going to turn. I think she was distracted by something.
Didn't you say it was a yellow light before? And what you could do is not pass people when going through an intersection or other places where someone can turn in front of you. I don't pass people at intersections, but then again I am a really cautious person. And the getting rear ended bit, if you saw she was slowing down enough to turn then you should have been far enough back to where you could have started to slow down at a slow enough rate so the cars behind you could see you were slowing. It is unlikely that you would get rear ended unless you did an emergency stop at a green light. I mean this as constructive criticism so if there are details to what happened to you that would make my suggestions impossible please say so. Stay safe on whatever bike you end up getting man.

Old July 21st, 2012, 02:55 PM   #209
ally99
Ninja chick

Name: Allyson

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300

MOTM - Dec '13, Feb '15
Quote:
Again, lack of driving experience is hurting you here. First of all, if you insist on continuing to ride, check out Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough. GREAT book to give you savvy street strategies to get you out of situations like you mentioned. I've been on my 250 for over 3 years now, and I learn something new about it every time I track it. I'm nowhere near the limits of what this little bike can put out. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'd fall in love with it all over again with more seat time. Be careful jumping into a bigger, faster machine at this point.
The thing about your accident is, if you consistently ride like you're invisible and ride like everyone is out to kill you, you would have already been on the brake as you neared the intersection and knew there was turning traffic in front of you and traffic behind you. You would have been watching her every move and been ready to act earlier than if you expected her to "yield your right of way". Yes, there is a right of way, but your major mistake is expecting others to adhere to it.

Check out my Appalachian Trail journal, 2015!

Postwhores are COOL! ~Allyson

Old July 21st, 2012, 04:54 PM   #210
Whiskey

Name: Morgan

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250, 2010 STR 675

There's not much more to add, but moving up to a 600ss or bigger at 15 is asking to be killed. If you really want to kill yourself at least don't become a statistic that the anti biker crowd can use against the rest of us.

You fcuked up on the 250, ran a light, T boned a cage and think it wasn't your own fault. I suggest your next set of wheels have pedals.

If you insist on getting another motorbike in the next few years pick something easy to handle & learn on it, don't move up in cc until you can really control the bike, to the point that you don't need brakes to slow down, (it's all in throttle control), you can scan 360°, have a 6th sense for who is out to kill you (like the distracted cager you T-boned, you should have seen that she was distracted & taken the proper measures for the situation, brakes, horn, whatever...) and are able to ride it like you stole it.

I've had mine almost 3 years, it's more than capable of motorway speed ( 85-95mph all day), I've taken it across 3 countries in 2 days and done 1000+ miles in a weekend, a larger cc machine may be more capable of all day motorway work, but the ninja can be taken on the backroads & caned to within an inch of it's life.

Get it on the twistys, keep the revs over 8.5k & come back to tell me it's boring

Old July 21st, 2012, 05:54 PM   #211
rph12
ninjette.org member

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250

I sold my 250 and all I can say is...I'd kill for it back.

Old July 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM   #212
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
I've had mine almost 3 years, it's more than capable of motorway speed ( 85-95mph all day), I've taken it across 3 countries in 2 days and done 1000+ miles in a weekend, a larger cc machine may be more capable of all day motorway work, but the ninja can be taken on the backroads & caned to within an inch of it's life.

Get it on the twistys, keep the revs over 8.5k & come back to tell me it's boring
I sat there trying to figure out how you went across Canada, the U.S. and Mexico in 2 days until I saw you were in Europe. You lucky bast*rd, I really want to visit Ireland and I'd bet it would be awesome on a motorcycle. Wonder if my Ninja could be in my carry-on

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM   #213
2012NewRider
ninjette.org member

Name: SAL

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Hey, maybe he got his bigger bike already and wrecked it already.

But if he's still alive, I've had my 250 since October 2011 (2012 Ninja 250) and the only reason why I've thought of getting a larger CC bike is the torque. If i could, I would just have 2 bikes but having a larger bike means more expensive everything. Once you have another bike regardless of the size, your insurance payments will probably double if not triple. I ride my friends 05 CBR600RR which is a SS but after doing 60mph in third gear, i get scared at having the capability to go fast and possibly lose control and hurt myself or others. I'll be keeping my 250 and doing mods just for the fun of it.

Just remember that you don't have the experience or knowledge on riding a bigger bike, nor are you ready.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:37 PM   #214
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250(Totaled), 2007 Yamaha R6(Sold), 2013 Ninja 300 Special Edition W/O ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
There's not much more to add, but moving up to a 600ss or bigger at 15 is asking to be killed. If you really want to kill yourself at least don't become a statistic that the anti biker crowd can use against the rest of us.

You fcuked up on the 250, ran a light, T boned a cage and think it wasn't your own fault. I suggest your next set of wheels have pedals.

If you insist on getting another motorbike in the next few years pick something easy to handle & learn on it, don't move up in cc until you can really control the bike, to the point that you don't need brakes to slow down, (it's all in throttle control), you can scan 360°, have a 6th sense for who is out to kill you (like the distracted cager you T-boned, you should have seen that she was distracted & taken the proper measures for the situation, brakes, horn, whatever...) and are able to ride it like you stole it.

Ok I'm sure you've crashed before and if you haven't, you will. Come back here and let me tell you that you're a bad rider even if it wasn't your fault. Same thing would have happened on a bigger bike, nothing would be different. If I crashed because I messed up on a turn or something like that I would definitely not get a bigger bike. I don't think you guys understand that I only ride my motorcycle 15 minutes to school and back. I don't go on twisties to get to school, so yes the ninja 250 is very slow and boring. Stop trying to force your opinion onto everyone, it's pretty much what MOST people posting in this thread have done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012NewRider View Post
Hey, maybe he got his bigger bike already and wrecked it already.

But if he's still alive, I've had my 250 since October 2011 (2012 Ninja 250) and the only reason why I've thought of getting a larger CC bike is the torque. If i could, I would just have 2 bikes but having a larger bike means more expensive everything. Once you have another bike regardless of the size, your insurance payments will probably double if not triple. I ride my friends 05 CBR600RR which is a SS but after doing 60mph in third gear, i get scared at having the capability to go fast and possibly lose control and hurt myself or others. I'll be keeping my 250 and doing mods just for the fun of it.

Just remember that you don't have the experience or knowledge on riding a bigger bike, nor are you ready.
All you're telling me is that you got scared on a bigger bike. Good for you, doesn't mean I will. I rode a zx10 and did not fear it at all, fear will get you killed. I did respect its power though.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:40 PM   #215
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JELY1990 View Post
Didn't you say it was a yellow light before? And what you could do is not pass people when going through an intersection or other places where someone can turn in front of you. I don't pass people at intersections, but then again I am a really cautious person. And the getting rear ended bit, if you saw she was slowing down enough to turn then you should have been far enough back to where you could have started to slow down at a slow enough rate so the cars behind you could see you were slowing. It is unlikely that you would get rear ended unless you did an emergency stop at a green light. I mean this as constructive criticism so if there are details to what happened to you that would make my suggestions impossible please say so. Stay safe on whatever bike you end up getting man.
Sorry I meant a yellow light, and thanks man I definitely don't get butthurt when people give me constructive criticism. I was pretty close to her when she decided to turn so there was nothing I could do except brake as hard as possible, which is what I did.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:47 PM   #216
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Again, lack of driving experience is hurting you here. First of all, if you insist on continuing to ride, check out Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough. GREAT book to give you savvy street strategies to get you out of situations like you mentioned. I've been on my 250 for over 3 years now, and I learn something new about it every time I track it. I'm nowhere near the limits of what this little bike can put out. I know it's not what you want to hear, but you'd fall in love with it all over again with more seat time. Be careful jumping into a bigger, faster machine at this point.
The thing about your accident is, if you consistently ride like you're invisible and ride like everyone is out to kill you, you would have already been on the brake as you neared the intersection and knew there was turning traffic in front of you and traffic behind you. You would have been watching her every move and been ready to act earlier than if you expected her to "yield your right of way". Yes, there is a right of way, but your major mistake is expecting others to adhere to it.
I always ride like I'm invisible. The thing about my crash is that she did not turn until I was very close. Too close to do anything about it, but she looked like she was not going to make the turn. If you really think it could have been avoided, tell me what you would have done. Again, it's not the bike that got me into that situation and no matter what bike I was on it was going to happen. I've read a lot online and I understand I did not ride the 250 to its limits, but the thing is I don't really want to or care to. The point is that I was bored of it, and since I ride only to school and back for 15 minutes I would rather have fun than try and ride my bike to its limits. Everyone is different and I feel like you guys are forcing me to make the decision that YOU would make. I realize how powerful SS bikes are so I will be careful, but what can happen in 3 turns(thats actually how many turns it takes to get to my school) and 15 minutes of riding in a straight line? Not to mention people start off with bikes bigger than 750cc. Atleast I had a 1000 miles on my bike, which is enough to learn the basics.

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #217
Bob2010
ninjette.org sage

Name: Bob

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250 2009 Ninja 250

question how is it legal to drive at 15? Im not an expert on laws, but in NY i had to be 16 to get a automobile permit

Old July 21st, 2012, 09:59 PM   #218
jdv5074
ninjette.org member

Name: David

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250

Quote:
I realize how powerful SS bikes are so I will be careful, but what can happen in 3 turns(thats actually how many turns it takes to get to my school) and 15 minutes of riding in a straight line? .
T-bone a car while running a light....

Old July 21st, 2012, 10:00 PM   #219
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Dear troll, you weren't even weaving when you were going through. Any bike sucks driving two blocks to school. If you want to have fun on a motorcycle have fun on a motorcycle.

Old July 21st, 2012, 10:02 PM   #220
alex.s
wat

MOTM - Oct '12, Feb '14
Do you have your pilots license? You should get a jet pack.

Old July 21st, 2012, 10:14 PM   #221
Sigma.40
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 1999 "1000cc" ZX9R

Quote:
Ok I'm sure you've crashed before and if you haven't, you will. Come back here and let me tell you that you're a bad rider even if it wasn't your fault. Same thing would have happened on a bigger bike, nothing would be different. If I crashed because I messed up on a turn or something like that I would definitely not get a bigger bike. I don't think you guys understand that I only ride my motorcycle 15 minutes to school and back. I don't go on twisties to get to school, so yes the ninja 250 is very slow and boring. Stop trying to force your opinion onto everyone, it's pretty much what MOST people posting in this thread have done.

All you're telling me is that you got scared on a bigger bike. Good for you, doesn't mean I will. I rode a zx10 and did not fear it at all, fear will get you killed. I did respect its power though.
You, young sir, are an idiot and don't know when to just shut your mouth. You are not guaranteed to crash. It is possible that you will but there are no guarantees.

In those 15 minutes that you only ride, how is a larger CC bike going to get you to school any faster? I've pulled 105 mph, indicated, on my Ninja while taking the twisties on some back roads here. Obviously your skill level isn't yet capable of that, otherwise you wouldn't be calling the 250 slow and boring. There is nothing "slow and boring" about taking a curve at 90 mph in an almost knee dragging angle. Skill level isn't determined by how fast you can ride in a straight line. I can teach my 11 year old daughter to do that. How fast are you going to ride to school? 120? 140? Think thats going to make you t-bone less cars? I'll keep my eye on the obituaries.

-I was PARTLY on your side in this (referring to starting on larger CCs). But the more you write, the more I agree with everyone else that you are just too damn immature for anything bigger than a small moped. The way I see it, maybe you should get a bicycle and when you master that, put one of those 30cc gas engines on it.

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:06 PM   #222
robertkh100
ninjette.org member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma.40 View Post
You, young sir, are an idiot and don't know when to just shut your mouth. You are not guaranteed to crash. It is possible that you will but there are no guarantees.

In those 15 minutes that you only ride, how is a larger CC bike going to get you to school any faster? I've pulled 105 mph, indicated, on my Ninja while taking the twisties on some back roads here. Obviously your skill level isn't yet capable of that, otherwise you wouldn't be calling the 250 slow and boring. There is nothing "slow and boring" about taking a curve at 90 mph in an almost knee dragging angle. Skill level isn't determined by how fast you can ride in a straight line. I can teach my 11 year old daughter to do that. How fast are you going to ride to school? 120? 140? Think thats going to make you t-bone less cars? I'll keep my eye on the obituaries.

-I was PARTLY on your side in this (referring to starting on larger CCs). But the more you write, the more I agree with everyone else that you are just too damn immature for anything bigger than a small moped. The way I see it, maybe you should get a bicycle and when you master that, put one of those 30cc gas engines on it.
Well I can't say I'm not sad to have lost a supporter. When are you going to stop judging peoples skill level over the internet? I have rode bicycles for years prior to getting a motorcycle, not that it matters. You must care a lot about me because you seem angry. You're not that one in danger, from what you guys are saying, I am. So stop taking it up the ass and let this thread die. I don't need to hear what others have said a hundred times, if by now you don't realize you're not going to change my mind, you're the thickheaded one. All we can do is wait until I get the bigger bike and see what happens. Wish me luck.

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:18 PM   #223
Jiggles
Jigglin' your Jiglets

Name: Sean

Motorcycle(s): 2009 K1300S, 2013 Ninja 300, 2011 Ninja 250R, Faster than Unregistered's ninjette

MOTM - Apr '13
AFM #676
Supersports are for n00bs

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:35 PM   #224
Drdoonta
ninjette.org member

Motorcycle(s): 2008 ninja 250r

An ss bike to ride 15 minutes each way...seems a bit like over compensating for something

Old July 21st, 2012, 11:47 PM   #225
Carnage
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 NinJa 250

I'm bored with this post. Robert please upgrade to what ever bike you want. I suggest a new kawi 1400 so youcan get to 5miles over as fast as possible. If you die I will say I told you so. Secondly how are you able to buy the bike? 1 how can you afford the damn thing? 2 whos name do you put it under? I ask because in the three states I have lived in any one under 18 cannot legally own or finance a vehicle. Yes I understand that the lady pulled out I front of you,but if the light was yellow why were you speeding thru it? I wish you the best of luck but I feel you are not experienced enough to move up.

Closed Thread