ninjette.org

Go Back   ninjette.org > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R > 2008 - 2012 Ninja 250R Tech Talk

Old July 3rd, 2011, 12:53 PM   #1
JoeLansing
ninjette.org member

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): Green 2011 SE 52yo Geezer

Tools for Ninjette wrenching

I just got back from Harbor Freight. I got a 1/2" torque wrench. I've never had one, and it didn't come with instructions. I'll read up on them and try to figure out how it works before I kill it twisting things. It's one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/1-2-hal...rench-239.html At the register the lady whispered me about she gave me a discount on it. It was $15 and change. I checked and my zipper was up, dunno why the discount. I also got a nice impact screwdriver. It's fat, and the bits are bigger than 1/4". I hope it will be just the ticket to get out my stupid handlebar end screw. Next I want a crappy HF 1/2" impact driver and a set of sockets that include 17MM, 24MM, and 27MM for the sprocket change I want to do. Something like this: http://www.harborfreight.com/12-elec...nch-68099.html might work?

- Joe
JoeLansing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 10:24 AM   #2
PHL
ninjette.org member

Name: Napoleon

Motorcycle(s): 2014 Street Triple R

I love that cheapo torque wrench. I got it last year when they were offering it for under $10 before any discounts. I bought three, and gave one to my father and brother (good karma). Its perfect for lug nuts and high torque situations, e.g. suspension bolts on an e36 BMW. From all web reports, it's fairly accurate and holds up under repeated use. I've checked it with a torque beam wrench and haven't had any issues.
PHL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old July 4th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #3
wtfh4xx
Opinionated individual :)

Name: SecretNinjaMan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninjette Special Edition (red/black)

Quote:
I checked and my zipper was up, dunno why the discount.
You sir, are bi-winning.
Yoshi slip on, shimmed 2 washers, zip tie throttle mod, pre-load #2, snorkel delete
2010 SE 250R!
Miles in the saddle: 1000
wtfh4xx is offline   Reply With Quote